Page 139 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    now THAT is a revival that would be timely
    I'm a little worried that it would be more diatribe than sitcom. I loved the show when it aired, but some things simply don't need to be revived.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm a little worried that it would be more diatribe than sitcom. I loved the show when it aired, but some things simply don't need to be revived.
    I always thought the show struck a decent balance, id rather leave Roseanne on the ash pile and get Murphy Brown back

also the setting would be near perfect for today - FYI was a newsmagazine type show, I wonder if its its own network now or having to compete with other things

also they need most of the regular cast back, at least Miles and Jim Dial and Corky
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 01-25-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I always thought the show struck a decent balance, id rather leave Roseanne on the ash pile and get Murphy Brown back

also the setting would be near perfect for today - FYI was a newsmagazine type show, I wonder if its its own network now or having to compete with other things

also they need most of the regular cast back, at least Miles and Jim Dial and Corky
    The balance was fine when the show originally aired, I meant I'm worried about it for the revival.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Disney XD has renewed Spider-Man for a second season.

CBS is doing a revival of Murphy Brown.
    I was gonna say I'd hope that Murphy and Edin were a couple and living together . But sadly that can't happen due Pastorelli's death.

Hopefully we get a touching type deal that since Pastorelli is dead (he passed away in 2004) they have his ashes be kept there on a mantle with a picture of him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Syfy has renewed Happy! for a 2nd season.

Netflix has renewed Fuller House for a 4th season.

Well Mr. Rogers is coming to the big screen in a bio pic starring Tom Hanks.

Ultimate Member

Gotta wonder how they're gonna stretch out Happy!

...or maybe I shouldn't. That way lies madness.

Hulu has canceled Shut Eye after two seasons.

USA has renewed Suits for an 8th season, but confirmed that Patrick J. Adams is leaving the show.

Showtime has renewd The Chi for a second season.

Ultimate Member

Hulu has canceled Shut Eye after two seasons..
    Good, IMO. Seemed super racist to me, to be honest

USA has renewed Suits for an 8th season, but confirmed that Patrick J. Adams is leaving the show..
    Damn it, why? We're losing two major cast members as is, why not just end on a high note?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Gotta wonder how they're gonna stretch out Happy!

...or maybe I shouldn't. That way lies madness.
    Possibly a new case and arc where the main character has to save another person.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good, IMO. Seemed super racist to me, to be honest
    Never saw the show so I don't know what you mean. I thought the show was about some guy who sees psychic visions.

Ultimate Member

Never saw the show so I don't know what you mean. I thought the show was about some guy who sees psychic visions.
    That's part of it.

Basically, Mike from Burn Notice is a Conman psychic who gains real psychic ability. Had it stopped there, I'd be all over it.

But he works under a local criminal network, made up entirely of Gypsies/Roma who are constantly citing their culture as a justification for lying, stealing and killing. I didn't see a single Roma/gypsy who wasn't a crook. That's the super racist part

The Four judge Charlie Walk has been fired after sexual misconduct allegations.

Suits has announced Dule Hill has been upgraded to series regular for Season 8 and that Katherine Heigl is joining the cast as a series regular for Season 8 as well.

Shalita Grant, who plays Percy on NCIS: New Orleans, announced she will be leaving the show before the end of the season. (While I like the character, let me say that her departure makes me wish they'd figure out a way to bring back the character of Brody.)

I'll still watch Suits with Hill and Heigl. But wow, she was starring in movies, now supporting on basic cable. A step down.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I'll still watch Suits with Hill and Heigl. But wow, she was starring in movies, now supporting on basic cable. A step down.
    none of those movies did much though

One For The Money should have been a hit and a start to a franchise because those books are fun and seem easy to adapt, but she f'd it up