Page 155 of 311 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Does that mean they're renewing Gotham too, then?
    Gotham might only get renewed if they can't recast Riggs in Lethal Weapon

Ultimate Member

I don't think that they're going to recast Riggs, just use Scott as the new guy to replace Riggs...but I could be wrong...

Otherwise why get a new character that they'd then have to push if they were just going to recast Riggs...

BANNED

here's the DHD writeup on it

http://deadline.com/2018/05/seann-wi...ox-1202388143/

With Wayans and Scott as new leading duo, Lethal Weapon has been renewed for a third season about 24 hours before Fox is slated to unveil its fall 2018 schedule to advertisers at its upfront presentation. There is no renewal decision yet on WBTV’s remaining series at Fox, Gotham, which is still being considered for next season.

In his first series regular role, Scott will play a new character who will be partnered with Wayans’ Murtaugh. The recent Season 2 finale of Lethal Weapon laid the groundwork for Crawford’s exit with a cliffhanger, in which (SPOILER ALERT) Crawford’s Riggs, already planning to move back to Texas with Molly and her son, was shot in the chest. There is chatter that Scott could play Riggs’ brother.

“Seann is a fantastic addition to this already amazing cast,” said Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn. “Lethal Weapon is packed with action, drama and pure fun and we can’t wait to see Damon and Seann together on screen. Matt Miller, his incredible team and everyone at Warner Bros. have been tremendous partners, and we’re thrilled to bring this show back for another season.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Gotham might only get renewed if they can't recast Riggs in Lethal Weapon
    So no more Gotham then.

Eh.

I thought it was more popular, though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So no more Gotham then.

Eh.

I thought it was more popular, though
    as ive been reading, Lethal Weapon does better in the younger demographics and also with Black audiences

also cheaper to produce

Can anyone remind me if Riggs had ANOTHER brother on the show because if Scott is supposed to play his brother, wasn't he the one that just shot him (and now apparently killed him)?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Also, for those that want to now, the NBC Fall schedule is out. For me there are just four shows (including The Blacklist which is being held until midseason) on the list that I care about and none of them are new. By the way, Brooklyn Nine Nine is being held until midseason as well. You can see the various details HERE! The schedule is below.

MONDAY

8 pm The Voice
    10 pm MANIFEST

TUESDAY

8 pm The Voice
    9 pm This Is Us
    10 pm NEW AMSTERDAM

WEDNESDAY

8 pm Chicago Med (new time slot)
    9 pm Chicago Fire (new time slot)
    10 pm Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
    8 pm Superstore
    8:30 pm The Good Place
    9 pm Will & Grace
    9:30 pm I FEEL BAD
    10 pm Law & Order: SVU (new time slot)

FRIDAY
    8 pm Blindspot
    9 pm Midnight Texas (new time slot)
    10 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
    8 pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
    10 pm Saturday Night Live (encore)
    11:30 pm Saturday Night Live

SUNDAY
    7 pm Football Night in American
    8:20 pm Sunday Night Football

The three scheduled shows I'll be watching are all on Thursday night in Superstore, The Good Place and SVU. There's been no official word on the fate of Timeless.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Sean William Scott is the one person who could get me to tune in to season 3.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While I like Scott in some films from 2000's , this smacks of desperation and after numerous folks turned down the role they gave it to him. I think a lot of folks knew , the odds the show stays a hit is low since your replacing the other guy. Also if your WB and your other show is hinged on this one , jeeze its just a terrible way to handle it. That Disney sale can't happen soon enough.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Apparently the cw officially passed on Wayward Sisters but fans are hoping to convince them otherwise.

Wtf is wrong with them. The pilot was perfection. The fan base is established. They have a sixth night they need filling. Why would they not even consider giving it a half a season at the back half of the year or something.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Also, for those that want to now, the NBC Fall schedule is out. For me there are just four shows (including The Blacklist which is being held until midseason) on the list that I care about and none of them are new. By the way, Brooklyn Nine Nine is being held until midseason as well. You can see the various details HERE! The schedule is below.

MONDAY

8 pm The Voice
    10 pm MANIFEST

TUESDAY

8 pm The Voice
    9 pm This Is Us
    10 pm NEW AMSTERDAM

WEDNESDAY

8 pm Chicago Med (new time slot)
    9 pm Chicago Fire (new time slot)
    10 pm Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
    8 pm Superstore
    8:30 pm The Good Place
    9 pm Will & Grace
    9:30 pm I FEEL BAD
    10 pm Law & Order: SVU (new time slot)

FRIDAY
    8 pm Blindspot
    9 pm Midnight Texas (new time slot)
    10 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
    8 pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
    10 pm Saturday Night Live (encore)
    11:30 pm Saturday Night Live

SUNDAY
    7 pm Football Night in American
    8:20 pm Sunday Night Football

The three scheduled shows I'll be watching are all on Thursday night in Superstore, The Good Place and SVU. There's been no official word on the fate of Timeless.
    In case people were wondering, Manifest is a "lost" type show with people landing on a plane after missing for 5 years. won't last.

New Amsterdam is another Medical Drama where dead Tom Keen goes to for "redemption".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Apparently the cw officially passed on Wayward Sisters but fans are hoping to convince them otherwise.

Wtf is wrong with them. The pilot was perfection. The fan base is established. They have a sixth night they need filling. Why would they not even consider giving it a half a season at the back half of the year or something.
    I was kind of surprised about that as well. You would think they'd WANT to get a Supernatural spinoff off the ground and running for a year (or a few years) before Supernatural finally comes to an end.

Gotham has been renewed for a 13 episode final season. What I can never understand is- okay, they need to clear the fall schedule for the NFL. Football only lasts until February. Why not just push some of these shows to spring/summer instead? Also- and no offense to Sean William Scott- how often is it that a lead of a show is replaced and the show stays on the air for an extended period of time? They did it in MASH, I think. And they did it in Charmed. But I can't see Lethal Weapon lasting now.

Gotham has been renewed for a Fifth and Final Season which will focus on turning Bruce into Batman
    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/goth...on-1202800288/

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    how often is it that a lead of a show is replaced and the show stays on the air for an extended period of time? They did it in MASH, I think. And they did it in Charmed. But I can't see Lethal Weapon lasting now.
    Let alone that we are talking about Lethal Weapon. The idea that you could air that show minus...

- Riggs
    - Murtaugh

makes zero sense.

Hopefully, it doesn't die a completely embarrassing death whenever it makes it back to the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sean William Scott is the one person who could get me to tune in to season 3.
    I've always loved him,I get his career went belly up because everything hes in seems to flop. Like besides a crowd funded sequel to a hockey movie Cop Out was the last thing I remember seeing him in.

Im interested to see Wayne's and William's comedic timing.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-14-2018 at 12:25 AM.