Page 209 of 311 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    NBC has renewed New Amsterdam for three more seasons.
    Is it ironic that medical dramas never seem to die on TV?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is it ironic that medical dramas never seem to die on TV?
    I know. I thought Grey's Anatomy was supposed to be cancelled back in 2013. Swear to God it was even being advertised as the final season. Still around.

Netflix has renewed You for a 3rd season.

Comedy Central has renewed Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens for a 2nd season ahead of the first season premiere.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Cinemax is getting out of the original series business.

Sandi Toksvig is leaving The Great British Bake Off.

The NBC streaming service Peacock has given a full season order to the Punky Brewster revival series.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The NBC streaming service Peacock has given a full season order to the Punky Brewster revival series.
    I'll only watch it if glomer shows up.

AMC has renewed Better Call Saul for a 6th and final season.

Facebook Watch has canceled Sorry For Your Loss after 2 seasons and Limetown after 1 season.

TBS has renewed American Dad for two more seasons.

Hulu has renewed Dollface and Wu-Tang: An American Saga for 2nd seasons.

Freeform has renewed grown-ish for a 4th season and Good Trouble for a 3rd season.

Hank Azaria will no longer play the voice of Apu on The Simpsons. Article link.

Disney+ has renewed The World According To Jeff Goldblum for a 2nd season.

BANNED

they should have just 86'd Apu. the "issue" surrounding him wasn't just about the actor but the character himself. he was built to be a racial stereotype with jokes based on stereotypes. despite the fact that it was a white actor this guy voiced him for decades, it is his character, having that character on the show was racist in the first place, they sought out to have a brown character on the show that was making fun of brown people. shouldn't have happened but when people started calling it out, they should have just ditched Apu altogether instead of placing blame on his voice actor.

BANNED

wonder what happened. as a kid I never thought it was "funny" that this white dude could do an indian accent. it's not like he was doing it accurately or anything, it was a bad impression. but white people would eat it up and he would get invited on talk shows to do the voice, and people would look in astonishment. but what's so astonishing? just the idea of a white guy being interviewed for the masses by other white people for how well he does a shitty impression of a racial stereotype, is just classic USA and hollywood, but at its core it's absolutely ridiculous. so some will say it's a PC move and part of why "everything is PC now" but I honestly think people are just realizing their own stupidity, there's nothing funny about making fun of a racial stereotype!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Hulu has renewed Dollface and Wu-Tang: An American Saga for 2nd seasons.
    I am pretty happy with Dollface getting another season. As much as I usually hate Kat Dennings she was actually great in this show. Maybe it was because they toned down what I usually don't like about her and she was playing a somewhat "normal" person (who does hallucinate about a giant cat lady) instead of the over the top wiscracking non funny bimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    wonder what happened. as a kid I never thought it was "funny" that this white dude could do an indian accent. it's not like he was doing it accurately or anything, it was a bad impression. but white people would eat it up and he would get invited on talk shows to do the voice, and people would look in astonishment. but what's so astonishing? just the idea of a white guy being interviewed for the masses by other white people for how well he does a shitty impression of a racial stereotype, is just classic USA and hollywood, but at its core it's absolutely ridiculous. so some will say it's a PC move and part of why "everything is PC now" but I honestly think people are just realizing their own stupidity, there's nothing funny about making fun of a racial stereotype!
    I'm curious- have you ever seen the Short Circuit movies, and if so, what did you think about Fisher Stevens (a white man) playing an Indian man? I remember liking it at the time, but looking at it now, it does reek of blackface.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm curious- have you ever seen the Short Circuit movies, and if so, what did you think about Fisher Stevens (a white man) playing an Indian man? I remember liking it at the time, but looking at it now, it does reek of blackface.
    never heard about it til it was referenced on master of none. i can recall instances of blackface that i saw in the past that didn't bother me, solely for the fact that i didn't understand it

Saw the movie as a kid and didnt notice that was a white guy in brown face. As an adult I realized it cause it's kinda obvious and hes a well known actor.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-21-2020 at 01:27 AM.

Yeah, it's there.

That said, go back and watch any "WWF" product from around that same time("Mid" to "Late" eighties).

I just think back, and say "What in the heck was I watching?"

Going to get that guy from the Microsoft Refund Department who is always calling him to voice Apu.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."