Page 220 of 311 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

HBO has renewed We're Here for a 2nd season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

So after the firing of Hartley Sawyer from The Flash yesterday, it seems a deluge of race related firings is kicking off:

MTV fired Dee Nguyen from their Challenge series.

Paramount Network has cancelled Cops after 7 seasons, in a move that seems tied to everything going on in the world.

Netflix has pulled Little Britain from their service over the use of blackface.

Bravo has fired four people from the Vanderpump Rules reality show.

One of the former stars of The Bachelorette has called out the show over diversity issues.

And despite the show being over 25 years old and off the air for 15 of them, Friends co-creator Marta Kaufmann is apologizing for the lack of diversity.

And sadly, that's the only kind of TV news there is today.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    So after the firing of Hartley Sawyer from The Flash yesterday, it seems a deluge of race related firings is kicking off:

MTV fired Dee Nguyen from their Challenge series.

Paramount Network has cancelled Cops after 7 seasons, in a move that seems tied to everything going on in the world.

Netflix has pulled Little Britain from their service over the use of blackface.

Bravo has fired four people from the Vanderpump Rules reality show.

One of the former stars of The Bachelorette has called out the show over diversity issues.

And despite the show being over 25 years old and off the air for 15 of them, Friends co-creator Marta Kaufmann is apologizing for the lack of diversity.

And sadly, that's the only kind of TV news there is today.
    fascinating, a bunch of shows I never watch. the Challenge woman is cute. too bad she's a bigot or edgelord(ess)? Hmm.

The Friends revelation is old news. Did they mention it was unofficially based on Living Single yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The Friends revelation is old news. Did they mention it was unofficially based on Living Single yet?
    The complain about Friends is old news but the Kauffman apology is new as it was on a TV news website I read just today.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Everyone made jokes about Friends as a show then about its terrible lack of diversity. Its like a weird thing to suddenly apologize over now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Not gonna mourn the loss of Cops. Was pointless in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not gonna mourn the loss of Cops. Was pointless in the 90s
    The theme song will live on.

(And honestly I expect it will make a comeback at some point or be replaced by another procedural show).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Cops had really out lived its sell by date by the late 1990's. Fox kept it around because it was cheap and easy to do. Its why Spike/Paramount kept it so long. But the show really has no value and should have been ended years ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

HBO Max has pulled Gone With The Wind from the service temporarily so they can bring it back with a warning that denounces the film.

HBO Max has pulled Gone With The Wind from the service temporarily so they can bring it back with a warning that denounces the film.
    And well they should. It has always been pro-slavery bullshit and helped make the unhistorical "Lost Cause" idea about the Civil War mainstream.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Netflix has cancelled Harlots after 3 seasons and Reprisal after one season.

NBC has cancelled Lincoln Rhyme: The Hunt For The Bone Collector and Perfect Harmony after one season each.

A&E has cancelled Live P.D.

NBC has renewed Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist for a 2nd season.

HBO Max has renewed Love Life for a 2nd season.

Starz has renewed Hightown for a 2nd season.

Amazon has picked up the 2nd season of Flack, the former Pop TV series. Details

Fantastic Member

A&E has cancelled Live P.D.
    I've never watched this or Cops, but I feel sorry for the fans of those shows.

Now if they start cancelling all cop shows that aren't reality shows and are fictional and scripted, then that's just going entirely too far. Adults should be able to separate fantasy and reality. But apparently some people have already started targeting shows like Paw Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I've never watched this or Cops, but I feel sorry for the fans of those shows.

Now if they start cancelling all cop shows that aren't reality shows and are fictional and scripted, then that's just going entirely too far. Adults should be able to separate fantasy and reality. But apparently some people have already started targeting shows like Paw Patrol.
    Welcome to the Salem Witch Trials!