Page 222 of 311 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Okay.

1. George Floyd wasn't shot. Pay attention.

2. However, George Floyd was murdered. So guess what? We don't get to "what if" this. Because it happened. He is dead. So here we are. Actions have consequences.

3. Maaaaaaaybe try and take your concern for some garbage ass **** television shows and redirect it to the police that are STILL killing people in the streets. Go check out Atlanta. Still doing it. Fingers in their ears lalalalalala.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post

I know there have been more incidents like those beforehand, but if the George Floyd shooting hadn't happened, do you really think Cops and Live PD would have gotten canceled? Or people protesting against cop shows including a kid's cartoon?
    This isn't a case of a few more incidents. This happens everyday all across the country and has been since forever. The fact that people think this is some isolated incident is ridiculous.

YES it would have happened because the fact that people don't want to admit ,own up to or even know about is that people of color are murdered every day by law enforcement. Including children.

Had these issues been properly addressed and dealt with at any point prior to now we wouldn't be having this conversation and a lot of innocent people would still be alive.

People's attention spans are very short. We were talking about all of this back in 2015 when it looked like the media was FINALLY paying attention and putting a spotlight on these issues. But as soon as another story comes along it's dropped like a hot potatoe for the next thing.

People can't rely on the media for anything let alone for shining a light on racial injustice. Just like in 2015 they will move on as soon as the next thing comes along, most likely come election time.

It's up to individual people to keep this dialogue going and not let each other become complacent. Just because the media has moved on doesn't mean that we should.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 06-14-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post

I know there have been more incidents like those beforehand, but if the George Floyd shooting hadn't happened, do you really think Cops and Live PD would have gotten canceled? Or people protesting against cop shows including a kid's cartoon?
    When a police chief had to step aside less than a month later after the police shoot someone dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    A kids show about puppy cops i believe. Well maybe it's not as bad as i thought yet. But i still rest my case about cops in general. All those that have given their life in the line of duty trying to protect those that are now calling for disbanding.
    Puppy first responders. Only one of them is a police dog and all he has are traffic cones to direct traffic.

A lot of people who call for disbanding the police propose replacing them with something that looks suspiciously like the Paw Patrol

While a few people are sounding off about Paw Patrol on the internet, the very large majority of protesters are concerned with the actions of the real police and don't give a fig about the cartoon.

So saying "The Protesters" are going after Paw Patrol is a a giant exaggeration, if not a substantial false.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Never heard of Paw Patrol until this thread. The fact that it is being brought into the conversation is an attempt to delegitimize the protests and the complaints of the protestors, specifically African Americans.

I mean, the below quote is just such an incredibly stupid statement. But this is where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    A lot of people who call for disbanding the police propose replacing them with something that looks suspiciously like the Paw Patrol
    Last edited by Joker; 06-15-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    While a few people are sounding off about Paw Patrol on the internet, the very large majority of protesters are concerned with the actions of the real police and don't give a fig about the cartoon.

So saying "The Protesters" are going after Paw Patrol is a a giant exaggeration, if not a substantial false.
    I think that the point was not to compare the protestors to the cartoon dogs, but to compare what some people want to replace the police with to the cartoon dogs...or not...

Intermediary

unrelated but I recently started reading Season Finale - The Unexpected Rise and Fall of WB and UPN

written by former WB president Susanne Daniels and Variety reporter Cynthia Littleton

really great stuff about how both networks were developed

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Never heard of Paw Patrol until this thread. The fact that it is being brought into the conversation is an attempt to delegitimize the protests and the complaints of the protestors, specifically African Americans.

I mean, the below quote is just such an incredibly stupid statement. But this is where we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that the point was not to compare the protestors to the cartoon dogs, but to compare what some people want to replace the police with to the cartoon dogs...or not...
    People want to replace the police with a number of different positions that respond to needs without resorting to violence and aggression. Which is what the Paw Patrol does in their cartoon. Admittedly there isn't a "social worker" dog specifically but the point holds.

As for the media, I forget if we're currently pretending that the media we consume, especially as youngsters, has zero effect on our development and our attitudes or not, but media portrayals of police and police violence is a legitimate concern. If there were a children's cartoon currently airing that portrays the police as unambiguously right in all cases, even when needlessly escalating the situation, that would be a legitimate point of concern and not something to "delegitimize the protestors"

ALright, well, I guess I misunderstood the intent of your comment. My apologies.

Again, I've never seen this cartoon. Because it's for children, and I don't have any.

ABC has canceled The Baker and the Beauty after one season. The network renewed For Life for a 2nd season.

USA Network has renewed The Sinner for a fourth season.

NBC has renewed Manifest for a 3rd season while cancelling Indebted after one season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    ABC has canceled The Baker and the Beauty after one season. The network renewed For Life for a 2nd season.

USA Network has renewed The Sinner for a fourth season.

NBC has renewed Manifest for a 3rd season while cancelling Indebted after one season.
    I think that's the second or third series that Fran Drescher has lost after barely a season since she's tried coming back to television

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I think that's the second or third series that Fran Drescher has lost after barely a season since she's tried coming back to television
    It isn't surprising, they've all been spectacularly unfunny.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fox has canceled Season 17 of So You Think You Can Dance due to the pandemic.

Intermediary

Cobra Kai will move to Netflix

Season 3 to premiere first, seasons 1 and 2 to follow shortly thereafter