Page 224 of 232 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3466

Thread: TV News Updates

  1. #3346
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,032

    Default

    No big surprise there...

  2. #3347
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    Actress Kristian Alfonso has announced she will not return as Hope on Days Of Our Lives when the soap opera begins filming new episodes. She's leaving the role after 37 years.

    Stargirl has been renewed for a 2nd season that will air exclusively on The CW.

    Netflix has renewed Dead To Me for a 3rd and final season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  3. #3348
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Actress Kristian Alfonso has announced she will not return as Hope on Days Of Our Lives when the soap opera begins filming new episodes. She's leaving the role after 37 years.

    Stargirl has been renewed for a 2nd season that will air exclusively on The CW.

    Netflix has renewed Dead To Me for a 3rd and final season.
    That is a wild move after 37 years. If people don't know Bo & Hope were this classic couple that even girls in my HS in 90's would discuss. Its almost kinda stupid those 2 characters so tied together couldn't walk off into sunset off the series together. (In reading they killed the Bo character in 2016 after nearly 30+ years on show)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #3349
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That is a wild move after 37 years. If people don't know Bo & Hope were this classic couple that even girls in my HS in 90's would discuss. Its almost kinda stupid those 2 characters so tied together couldn't walk off into sunset off the series together. (In reading they killed the Bo character in 2016 after nearly 30+ years on show)
    Keep in mind these are Soaps. Much like comic books the characters do get killed off and then return later.

    Hope herself was killed off in the early nineties and returned in 94 with amnesia.

    I mean, have you ever looked at Hope’s crazy history. Her stepmom is actually her older half-sister.

  5. #3350
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    14,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Keep in mind these are Soaps. Much like comic books the characters do get killed off and then return later.

    Hope herself was killed off in the early nineties and returned in 94 with amnesia.

    I mean, have you ever looked at Hope’s crazy history. Her stepmom is actually her older half-sister.
    If you pull it up the Bo character died in her arms of a brain tumor where he had grown so weak. Maybe they do a super villain comics plot where he didn't die and some villain led to his faked death . Where he's found alive and the 2 can leave together finally.

    Actually I just kinda wrote a nice soap opera twist , Bo (who in reading was a major police investigator and traveled the world at times for bad guys) gets drugged to believe he's dying. Hope discovers it and unlike the other times where he was the macho cop deal , she discovers he's alive and being used ala Winter Soldier with his mind amnesia filled and corrupted.

    So its her who finally breaks the spell. Bad guy is killed , Bo and her debate going back to Salem but decide to go into witness protection and never return to their old lives. Bo can joke he's now retired for good. The 2 get the sunset ending.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #3351
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Infinity train season 3 moves to hbo max.

    https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/12...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

  7. #3352
    Extraordinary Member Deathstroke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,006

    Default

    CBS has fired MacGyver and Magnum P.I. showrunner Peter Lenkov over toxic work environment reports.

    Netflix has renewed The Last Kingdom for a 5th season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

    Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

    "I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

  8. #3353
    Intermediary
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    325

    Default

    good, I appreciate CBS taking swift action

    if they can boot Les Moonves, no creeps are safe

    I hope the industry starts to get the message

  9. #3354
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    CW has canceled Katy Keene.
    And Netflix has canceled The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Last 8 episodes will air later this year.

    Maybe now the writer can get back to the damn comic book, that hasn't had a new issue in years.

  10. #3355
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    good, I appreciate CBS taking swift action

    if they can boot Les Moonves, no creeps are safe

    I hope the industry starts to get the message
    Is it swift? He's been working there for years on multiple shows.

    CBS isn't new to this, this is why Pauley Perrette (Abby) quit NCIS.

    https://www.thewrap.com/pauley-perre...f-mark-harmon/

    Mark Harmon, the actor for main character Gibbs, still has a job.

  11. #3356
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And Netflix has canceled The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Last 8 episodes will air later this year.

    Maybe now the writer can get back to the damn comic book, that hasn't had a new issue in years.
    Boy, he's been racking up the losses this year. His show about Dracula's brides, The Brides got show down earlier this month even before the pesky pilot was finished. I was kind of looking forward to that. I'm surprised to see Sabrina get burned at the stake. I thought that was doing pretty good ratings wise, and ringing certain cultural bells as well. I also have the same hope as you do Anakin with the show runner having his time finally get back to AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE. It's been friggin' four fracken years since the last issue came out mid-story.

  12. #3357
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    As much as Riverdale is a guilty pleasure, i can tell it’s only got two more seasons. The cast will want to move on soon.

  13. #3358
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Is it swift? He's been working there for years on multiple shows.

    CBS isn't new to this, this is why Pauley Perrette (Abby) quit NCIS.

    https://www.thewrap.com/pauley-perre...f-mark-harmon/

    Mark Harmon, the actor for main character Gibbs, still has a job.
    I do wonder if Pauley's accusations came out this year, if CBS wouldn't have either fired Harmon and killed off the character, or ended the show altogether. As it is, unless more accusations come out now, I think Harmon's safe.

  14. #3359
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I do wonder if Pauley's accusations came out this year, if CBS wouldn't have either fired Harmon and killed off the character, or ended the show altogether. As it is, unless more accusations come out now, I think Harmon's safe.
    Yup. The crazy part is that I was looking up another allegation she had with Harmon before finding that. That was about Harmon intimidating the cast and crew with his dog that everyone avoided saying anything about it, and when she spoke up she no longer did any scenes with him in person.

  15. #3360
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Yup. The crazy part is that I was looking up another allegation she had with Harmon before finding that. That was about Harmon intimidating the cast and crew with his dog that everyone avoided saying anything about it, and when she spoke up she no longer did any scenes with him in person.
    It sucks that he's such a dick. I haven't watched NCIS in years, but I always loved the relationship between Gibbs and Abbey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •