Page 232 of 311 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

DC's Legends of Tomorrow has upped Adam Tsekhman ("Gary") to a series regular for Season 7.

Showtime has renewed Billions for a 6th season and upped Corey Stoll to a series regular.

Netflix has renewed F Is For Family for a fifth and final season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Netflix has renewed Cobra Kai for a fourth season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Netflix has cancelled Teenage Bounty Hunters after one season. The streaming service also announced that they have reversed a fourth season renewal of GLOW, ending that series now after 3 seasons. They cited COVID concerns for the reversal.

Steve Carell will be returning to the Apple TV+ series The Morning Show as a series regular for Season 2.

The talk show Tamron Hall has been renewed for a third season.

Law & Order: SVU has bumped actor Demore Barnes up to series regular for Season 22.

Incredible Member

Netflix has an irritating habit of cancelling shows in the first season without giving them time to build an audience. A show on a network has a chance to become popular by the network moving the show around to different timeslots or pairing it with a popular show to build viewers but how can a show do that on Netflix. They seem to advertise little for the show and only by searching when I'm bored do I ever find a new show.

Country singer Morgan Wallen has been booted as the planned musical guest for Saturday Night Live this week due to his violating of COVID rules. Article Link

Actress Natalie Zea will return to the second season of The Unicorn as a recurring character. She made her first appearance on the first season finale.

The CW has renewed The Outpost for a 4th season.

AppleTV+ has announced a third season renewal for Dickinson. The 2nd season doesn't even premiere until early 2021.

Showtime has announced the Covid-19 cancellation of On Becoming a God in Central Florida. The show starred Kirsten Dunst and had been renewed for a 2nd season.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Netflix has an irritating habit of cancelling shows in the first season without giving them time to build an audience. A show on a network has a chance to become popular by the network moving the show around to different timeslots or pairing it with a popular show to build viewers but how can a show do that on Netflix. They seem to advertise little for the show and only by searching when I'm bored do I ever find a new show.
    hit first, hit fast

that's what Netflix is looking for and I dont fault them for it

you don't get "time to build an audience"

With GLOW, they really can't do the whole wrestling thing with covid going on. It sucks, because it was a good and popular show that deserved a chance to have an ending.

But blaming Netflix for canceling shows is wrong headed on this one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    hit first, hit fast

that's what Netflix is looking for and I dont fault them for it

you don't get "time to build an audience"
    It's funny that Netflix cancels good shows and then a show like The Outpost gets a 4th season...crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's funny that Netflix cancels good shows and then a show like The Outpost gets a 4th season...crazy...
    I thought The Outpost was a CW show. Doesn't Netflix just rebroadcast it at the end of the season like they do with a lot of other CW shows like Riverdale and The Flash?

Ultimate Member

Yeah the Outpost got a 4th season but for the CW, I don't know if Netflix rebroadcasts it or not...

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    the Outpost is a CW show that is streamed on Netflix due to a content agreement with Time Warner

Days Of Our Lives has shut down for two weeks over a positive Covid test.

Last Man Standing will end with its upcoming 9th season.

Showtime is bringing back Dexter for a 10 episode revival.