Page 243 of 311 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

NBC has cancelled World Of Dance after four seasons.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    TLC has renewed 1,000-lb Sisters for a 3rd season.
    That is not something I knew existed before now.

I'd be happier never knowing it existed.

AMC has announced Killing Eve will end after its upcoming 4th season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

NCIS has cast Pam Dawber as a journalist for a four episode arc on the show. Given how the show seems to be setting up for the departure of Mark Harmon, it makes sense that they would cast his wife in a role after all this time. Article Link

By the way, for those who don't follow the show religiously like I do, there are reports saying that Harmon was set to call it a day after this season when his contract was up. But when he was told that the show itself would be cancelled if he left, he started negotiating for a limited episode count for a return if the show was renewed for its 19th season. He apparently didn't want to see all the people associated with the series out of work.

The Drew Barrymore talk show has been renewed for a second season.

OWN has announced the Iyanla: Fix My Life series will end after its upcoming 8th season.

And in the best news of what's been a kind of crappy day, Syfy has announced they've renewed Resident Alien for a 2nd season.

ACD1.jpg

NCIS has cast Pam Dawber as a journalist for a four episode arc on the show. Given how the show seems to be setting up for the departure of Mark Harmon, it makes sense that they would cast his wife in a role after all this time. Article Link

By the way, for those who don't follow the show religiously like I do, there are reports saying that Harmon was set to call it a day after this season when his contract was up. But when he was told that the show itself would be cancelled if he left, he started negotiating for a limited episode count for a return if the show was renewed for its 19th season. He apparently didn't want to see all the people associated with the series out of work.
    Well that was nice of him. But my question is, they [producers et al] really think the show can't survive without him to the point they'd cancel the show if he left? I stopped watching the show [sporadically] after Michael Weatherly left, so I have no idea if he ever had a second in command who could take his place. And I guess they don't want to risk a new character who might not click with the cast/audience.

The last time I felt a procedural couldn't make it if the lead left...CSI Miami. Out of all the CSI shows, that was the one that was basically built around the lead to the point I couldn't see them surviving if Caruso ever left during its tenure. So even though I don't follow NCIS closely, I can see it I guess. Maybe out of all the NCIS shows, that's the one that's the most the lead's show vs a true ensemble.

But again, good on Mark Harmon for thinking of the crew both in front of and behind the camera like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well that was nice of him. But my question is, they [producers et al] really think the show can't survive without him to the point they'd cancel the show if he left? I stopped watching the show [sporadically] after Michael Weatherly left, so I have no idea if he ever had a second in command who could take his place. And I guess they don't want to risk a new character who might not click with the cast/audience.

The last time I felt a procedural couldn't make it if the lead left...CSI Miami. Out of all the CSI shows, that was the one that was basically built around the lead to the point I couldn't see them surviving if Caruso ever left during its tenure. So even though I don't follow NCIS closely, I can see it I guess. Maybe out of all the NCIS shows, that's the one that's the most the lead's show vs a true ensemble.

But again, good on Mark Harmon for thinking of the crew both in front of and behind the camera like that.
    They have evolved Tim McGee to the point that inside the show's narrative, he could take over for Gibbs as the lead agent. But realistically, the show is built around Gibbs and then how everyone circles around him. So I don't think it is crazy to think that CBS would just cancel the show if Harmon left. CBS usually cancels most of their dramas after 7 years (they cancelled NCIS: New Orleans after this season and that show is actually still quite good) and the flagship NCIS is more than double that time. Even though the ratings are still high, I'm sure at this point so is the cost of making the show as well. They are bringing in Katrina Law as a new character before this season ends with the notion of her becoming a series regular for next season. But with NCIS: Hawaii on the table to be a new series next year, I just don't know where anything might fall right now.

Still, I'm not ready to see NCIS go. With the pandemic cutting last season and this season short, it feels to me like there's more to be done to have a believable lead up to a finale that will be a satisfactory conclusion for the people that make the show AND the fans.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Why not spend this time and recruit an older veteran actor to step in for when Harmon leaves ? They could spend the 19th season shifting this new character into the lead eventually. To take over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Actress Adriyan Rae is leaving Chicago Fire. Article Link.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Why not spend this time and recruit an older veteran actor to step in for when Harmon leaves ? They could spend the 19th season shifting this new character into the lead eventually. To take over.
    I would think it would be a move that would be unacceptable to fans of the show to just bring in someone willy-nilly and make them the leader of the team. McGee being there for 17 plus years and getting passed over for the team leader spot? Nah, that wouldn't be right on either level.

The CBC show Burden of Truth, which also airs on The CW in the US, will end after its current fourth season.

Netflix has renewed Get Organized with Home Edit and Dream Home Makeover.

I would think it would be a move that would be unacceptable to fans of the show to just bring in someone willy-nilly and make them the leader of the team. McGee being there for 17 plus years and getting passed over for the team leader spot? Nah, that wouldn't be right on either level.
    So that I'm understanding this correctly: there's belief by the producers and/or fans McGee can't carry the show without Gibbs, but at the same time it will look bad if McGee is passed over as the new lead by a new character? How can both be true?

I'd at least try a single season with McGee as the new lead with a new character as his second in command, but, whatever, I guess.

Ultimate Member

Well if memory serves the actor that plays McGee is related to one of the producers on the show...

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So that I'm understanding this correctly: there's belief by the producers and/or fans McGee can't carry the show without Gibbs, but at the same time it will look bad if McGee is passed over as the new lead by a new character? How can both be true?

I'd at least try a single season with McGee as the new lead with a new character as his second in command, but, whatever, I guess.
    I don't know if the producers have stated they don't think McGee could carry the show, but if what they said about the show being cancelled if Harmon left, it amounts to the same thing.

NBC has renewed Mr. Mayor for a 2nd season.

The syndicated Jerry Springer show Judge Jerry has been renewed for a third season.

FX has renewed Snowfall for a 5th season.

Hallmark Channel has announced the Home & Family show will end after its current 9th season.