Page 257 of 311 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

Well perhaps that or I'd guess that every person that they defended would be totally innocent would be hard to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well perhaps that or I'd guess that every person that they defended would be totally innocent would be hard to believe...
    It sounded like basically "The Practice" just in the Law & Order world, though. Either they would be innocent or reasonably grey.

I was looking for to it cause they usually make the defense cartoonish, ambulance chasers.

Ah well. Law & Order: For the Defense tabled and Law & Order: Hate Crimes in limbo. At least we got SVU and OC.

Ultimate Member

I liked the Practice in its early years, before it went liberally off the rails in the later years...still like that two part episode with the lawyer that they always made fun of that went up against a drug company that made a young girl sick, the firm thought that the lawyer defending the young girl was a joke but he ended up winning, and showing that he was in it because he believed in the cause, not their for the glory or the money...

I liked the Practice in its early years, before it went liberally off the rails in the later years...still like that two part episode with the lawyer that they always made fun of that went up against a drug company that made a young girl sick, the firm thought that the lawyer defending the young girl was a joke but he ended up winning, and showing that he was in it because he believed in the cause, not their for the glory or the money...
    Jimmy Berluti, right? yeah they were the underdogs who always pulled a "Plan B". Man I miss that show. Seeing Steve Harris on OC as, yep, a defense lawyer, made me miss it even more. lol

Ultimate Member

Nah not him, the lawyer that I meant didn't work at the firm with the others, he was a lawyer that like had never or almost never won, then the main guy at the Practice sent Berluti and Harris' characters to help him on a case about a family suing a drug company for what their drug had done to their daughter, they won in the end and I just remember the scene with that other lawyer sitting off by himself after the trial crying over the win, more to me that he had won and not for fame or money...

Ultimate Member

The Practice gave us Alan Shore. And for that, I will always be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It sounded like basically "The Practice" just in the Law & Order world, though. Either they would be innocent or reasonably grey.

I was looking for to it cause they usually make the defense cartoonish, ambulance chasers.

Ah well. Law & Order: For the Defense tabled and Law & Order: Hate Crimes in limbo. At least we got SVU and OC.
    I once read an article that attributed the depiction of defense attorneys as amoral, underhanded scumbags becoming more mainstream in fiction to Law and Order (though I think SVU was far more guilty of it than the original show).

Nah not him, the lawyer that I meant didn't work at the firm with the others, he was a lawyer that like had never or almost never won, then the main guy at the Practice sent Berluti and Harris' characters to help him on a case about a family suing a drug company for what their drug had done to their daughter, they won in the end and I just remember the scene with that other lawyer sitting off by himself after the trial crying over the win, more to me that he had won and not for fame or money...
    Unless you're talking about the character played by this guy, you got me. lol And what I remember from him was the ep where he was killed. He was sitting in his car and was riddled by bullets (he was prosecuting a drug dealer the Practice was defending). Laura Flynn Boyle's character went on a rampage afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I once read an article that attributed the depiction of defense attorneys as amoral, underhanded scumbags becoming more mainstream in fiction to Law and Order (though I think SVU was far more guilty of it than the original show).
    I mean...I get it. You only have but so much time and you can't spend that time making the defense attorneys decent human beings. Especially if the show isn't about them. I just wish making them cartoonishly amoral wasn't the only other option.

I mean...I get it. You only have but so much time and you can't spend that time making the defense attorneys decent human beings. Especially if the show isn't about them. I just wish making them cartoonishly amoral wasn't the only other option.
    The Defenders, (1951-1965) did an excellent job of portraying two defense lawyers, played by E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed, as both honest, decent and competent--even if they didn't win every case like Perry Mason.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Ultimate Member

Unless you're talking about the character played by this guy, you got me. lol And what I remember from him was the ep where he was killed. He was sitting in his car and was riddled by bullets (he was prosecuting a drug dealer the Practice was defending). Laura Flynn Boyle's character went on a rampage afterwards.
    I can't remember the actors name but he was a character that the lawyers of the practice always made fun of and wanted nothing to do with, he was an older guy short and a bit chubby and not the best looking guy who had a terrible record in the courtroom, and he didn't work for the firm that the rest of the practice lawyers did and was only in a handful of episodes...

Kate Herron, who was executive producer / director on Loki Season 1 will not be returning for Season 2.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The filming of Season 2 of Bridgerton has been shut down indefinitely over positive Covid tests.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    That new Law & Order: For The Defense show that was going to premiere in the fall has been scrapped completely..
    This doesnt bother me. law and order tried this years ago with Law and order Trial by jury. Bebe Neworth was in it and jerry Orbach was her investigator before he died.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This doesnt bother me. law and order tried this years ago with Law and order Trial by jury. Bebe Neworth was in it and jerry Orbach was her investigator before he died.
    I miss that show. I've always felt what killed it wasn't Orbach's death (he was only in two eps plus 1 unaired ep), it was his replacement. Such an unlikable character.

But this would have been fundamentally different. Trial By Jury, like all the other Law & Orders, showed the prosecution side only, what with being done out of the same office of the DA of the other shows. This would have shown the defense side of things, something the show never takes the time to do. Well, at least until Barba's return on SVU.

That's why some of us were saying it sounded like The Practice just in the Law & Order world. But at the same time, how would the The Practice work in that framework: if we're focusing on the defense side, the prosecution this time has to be the bad guys, and that would make crossovers...probably hard to write. My theory is the whole thing turned out hard to write, but guess we'll never know.