Page 262 of 311 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I didn't think to look into this till you said something. Apparently the common belief is Mike Richards was chosen all along, its just the year of guest hosting was done so they wouldn't look callous for installing him immediately after Trebek passed.

In other words the guest hosts never had a chance, none of them, Burton included, it was just a buffer to put time between Trebek's passing and Richards starting.

Again...supposedly. Short of a smoking gun we'll never know 100% for sure.
    Oh I think we will...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Egg, meet face. Now the guest hosts DO have a chance after all!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh I think we will...
    Egg, meet face. Now the guest hosts DO have a chance after all!
    So the question now is, what happens to Mayim Bialek? It was supposed to be Mike Richards as regular host, and she would host any primetime specials. Will they tap her to do both (regular host and primetime specials) or pick one of the guest hosts after all? Like you said, they do have a chance after all, well depending on if the network feels Mike and Mayim are a package deal (he's apparently remaining as executive producer though).

Unless she's unable to commit she should get the full-time gig. I mean, I still think out of everyone Ken Jennings was the best, but I'm assuming he's already turned it down because he made the most sense out of anyone the entire time.

I get Burton has an online following but he wasn't one of the better guests when all was said and done. He ended up being too monotone and couldn't never get a flow going.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-20-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Talk co-host Carrie Ann Inaba is taking a leave of absence.
    The leave of absence has now become an official departure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Should have did what the fans wanted. They wanted the magic creature from the cartoon! He was the most requested for the new series! Really!

Well that would've been completely f'n stupid.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People wanted a fun Punky Brewster series and Peacock gave fans the same deal of a former married woman with kids , struggling to date who meets a young kid and gets that magic back of Punky . There couldn't be a happy family life and the audience was like...we have seen this too many times already.
    Since it is on Peacock, I didn't see the series but I read about what went on and I likely would've enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So the question now is, what happens to Mayim Bialek? It was supposed to be Mike Richards as regular host, and she would host any primetime specials. Will they tap her to do both (regular host and primetime specials) or pick one of the guest hosts after all? Like you said, they do have a chance after all, well depending on if the network feels Mike and Mayim are a package deal (he's apparently remaining as executive producer though).
    I don't know why she should be replaced as the guest host option. I don't see her being able to do the full time spot because she's under contract for the Fox sitcom she's on (and executive produces I think too).

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I get Burton has an online following but he wasn't one of the better guests when all was said and done. He ended up being too monotone and couldn't never get a flow going.
    The ongoing hue and cry for Levar Burton to get the job is becoming pathetic to me. I didn't see it because I stopped watching the show after my mom died. But I haven't heard much in the way of positive notes about his time as the guest host. And just because he and his fans want him to get the job doesn't automatically mean he should get it.

The cancelled CBS drama series All Rise might get a 3rd season on OWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The ongoing hue and cry for Levar Burton to get the job is becoming pathetic to me. I didn't see it because I stopped watching the show after my mom died. But I haven't heard much in the way of positive notes about his time as the guest host. And just because he and his fans want him to get the job doesn't automatically mean he should get it.
    I agree. I was excited to see him as a guest host but I dont think he did much better then anyone else on there that would make him a frontrunner. If he gets the job that is fine. if he does not then I am fine with that as well. As long as Joe Buck does not get it. I am not a fan of that guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Actress Rachel Bay Jones has joined Season 5 of ABC's The Good Doctor in a recurring role.

Roku has renewed Most Dangerous Game for a 2nd season.

Facebook Watch has renewed Peace Of Mind With Taraji for a 2nd season.

Freeform has renewed Motherland Fort Salem for a third and final season.

VH1 has renewed RuPaul's Drag Race for a 14th season. The network also renewed Untucked for another season and Secret Celebrity Drag Race for a 2nd season.

Actor Stephen Wallem has joined Season 5 of The Resident in a recurring role.

Showtime has renewed Your Honor for a 2nd season, Desus & Mero for a 4th season and Flatbush Demeanors for a 2nd season.

HBO has cancelled Betty after two seasons.

Law & Order: Organized Crime casting news.

Rachel Nichols, the ESPN reporter who became embroiled in scandal for complaining about a colleague getting the assignment she'd been promised, has been taken off NBA coverage and the show she hosted, The Jump has been cancelled. The network is apparently going to honor the remainder of her contract but there is now word on what her assignments will entail. Article Link.

If Nichols was smart, she'd get the hell out of ESPN ASAP. She's being scapegoated for the failures of the network and her career with them is over, whether either side will ever admit it.

Netflix has renewed Formula 1: Drive To Survive for a fourth season.