Page 291 of 311 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Other than Whose Line Is It Anyway?, there's nothing I watch on The CW.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Disney+ has renewed High School Musical: The Musical: The Series for a 4th season.

Pete Davidson, Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant and Kyle Mooney are all reportedly leaving Saturday Night Live after the May 21st season finale. Article Link.

Netflix has renewed Heartstopper for two more seasons.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Thats a blow for sure. Lorne it seems worked around Davidson and McKinnons schedules this year. Both are moving on to tv and film.

Kenan maintains though. Good for him. The rock center of the show is Kenan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Thats a blow for sure. Lorne it seems worked around Davidson and McKinnons schedules this year. Both are moving on to tv and film.

Kenan maintains though. Good for him. The rock center of the show is Kenan.
    I know it is just another voice in the chorus, but I'll be glad to see Davidson leave. I've never seen anyone become so famous and beloved for being so patently unfunny. (Well, Dane Cook maybe). I'd groan whenever he showed up on Weekend Update. I just don't find him the least bit funny.

Im sad about Aidy Bryant. I always loved her. She made me laugh more often then not. And she was in The Amazing Spiderman 2 so that was pretty cool
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Actress Lina Esco has left S.W.A.T. after five seasons.

Ultimate Member

Wonder if they'll add another female swat member to take her place and if she'll even be a part of the show, like mentioned and such or just fade away and disappear after a bit...

Actress Charlotte Spencer will not be returning for the third season of Sanditon. Article Link.

PBS has announced Endeavour will be ending after nine seasons.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if the guy that plays Endeavour could play the Doctor at a later date...

The FBI season finale has been pulled from tonight's schedule due to the school shooting in Texas. As you might imagine, the season finale episode has a similar storyline. No word on when or even IF the show will air.

Tommy Chong will return to his role as "Leo" on That '90's Show. Article Link.

Actress Sandra Mae Frank has been upgraded to series regular status for the final season of New Amsterdam. Article Link.

Cobra Kai Season 5 casting news.

CSI: Vegas Season 2 casting news.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The FBI season finale has been pulled from tonight's schedule due to the school shooting in Texas. As you might imagine, the season finale episode has a similar storyline. No word on when or even IF the show will air.

Tommy Chong will return to his role as "Leo" on That '90's Show. Article Link.

Actress Sandra Mae Frank has been upgraded to series regular status for the final season of New Amsterdam. Article Link.

Cobra Kai Season 5 casting news.

CSI: Vegas Season 2 casting news.

If it's done like Promise Land was done after Columbine-it will never air on CBS.

The episode in question for Promise Land dealt with a school shooting and said to be the best acting by Jamil Walker Smith (Hey Arnold was airing at the time) and Dale Godboldo (Mickey Mouse Club).

It's just now on dvd after 21 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If it's done like Promise Land was done after Columbine-it will never air on CBS.

The episode in question for Promise Land dealt with a school shooting and said to be the best acting by Jamil Walker Smith (Hey Arnold was airing at the time) and Dale Godboldo (Mickey Mouse Club).

It's just now on dvd after 21 years.
    Are you talking about Eugene Byrd? Unless IMDB is wrong (which to be fair is possible) Jamil Walker Smith doesn't appear to be in that ep. But I remember Byrd joined the third season when the family decided to stop traveling and settle down. He suddenly became the best actor on the show, IMO.

As for the DVD, well, Touched By An Angel itself apparently didn't get the DVD treatment till 2013, and it was actually successful. So it's failed spinoff getting a DVD treatment at all (2020) is impressive. $30 on Amazon. I might buy it some day, as the only thing I remember about the show was, well, LT (Byrd) and his interactions with the dad (Gerald McRaney).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Are you talking about Eugene Byrd? Unless IMDB is wrong (which to be fair is possible) Jamil Walker Smith doesn't appear to be in that ep. But I remember Byrd joined the third season when the family decided to stop traveling and settle down. He suddenly became the best actor on the show, IMO.

As for the DVD, well, Touched By An Angel itself apparently didn't get the DVD treatment till 2013, and it was actually successful. So it's failed spinoff getting a DVD treatment at all (2020) is impressive. $30 on Amazon. I might buy it some day, as the only thing I remember about the show was, well, LT (Byrd) and his interactions with the dad (Gerald McRaney).
    I really enjoyed Promised Land. But I also really enjoy and respect Gerald Mcraney. Major Dad is still one of my favorite sitcoms I watch the Christmas episode every year with the Ekco Geckos.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really enjoyed Promised Land. But I also really enjoy and respect Gerald Mcraney. Major Dad is still one of my favorite sitcoms I watch the Christmas episode every year with the Ekco Geckos.
    I liked the show, but it did feel kinda aimless till the third season. I guess the idea was to be like the parent show just minus the supernatural aspect. They can't just pop up anywhere like angels, so they had to drive around the country randomly, hence the driving around in a Winnebago. Ironically being stationary but at a school (the mom became a principal in the final season) made more sense since people would come to them a la Deep Space Nine. The dad became a cop in the final ep and that would have opened up more story ideas, too.

Either that was wildly unpopular and folks preferred the driving around, or it was too little too late. I wish it had a nice healthy run like Touched By An Angel, 100 eps at least.

And yeah I'm a fan of Gerald McRaney, too. You talk about Major Dad, what you know about Simon and Simon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I liked the show, but it did feel kinda aimless till the third season. I guess the idea was to be like the parent show just minus the supernatural aspect. They can't just pop up anywhere like angels, so they had to drive around the country randomly, hence the driving around in a Winnebago. Ironically being stationary but at a school (the mom became a principal in the final season) made more sense since people would come to them a la Deep Space Nine. The dad became a cop in the final ep and that would have opened up more story ideas, too.

Either that was wildly unpopular and folks preferred the driving around, or it was too little too late. I wish it had a nice healthy run like Touched By An Angel, 100 eps at least.

And yeah I'm a fan of Gerald McRaney, too. You talk about Major Dad, what you know about Simon and Simon?

I do know about Simon and Simon. That was also a pretty fun show.

On The Promised Land I did enjoy more after they stopped moving around. I thought the travel here and solve a problem and move on kind of ran its course and it started to become stale. So it made since to stay in one place after a few seasons.