Page 3 of 311 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: TV News Updates

Among the Shows picked up by CBS are How I Met Your Dad, N.C.I.S. New Orleans amd The Odd Couple staring Matthew Perry.

Other ABC shows canceled: Neighbors, Super Fun Night and Suburgatory.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I won't miss any of them. Suburgatory was never really that good and then they got rid of Alan Tudyk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The Tomorrow People got cancelled
    Crap, I liked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Among the Shows picked up by CBS are How I Met Your Dad, N.C.I.S. New Orleans amd The Odd Couple staring Matthew Perry.
    The last article I saw on TVGuide.com said HIMYD's future was still up in the air.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Minority Report with Larry Wilmore will replace the Colbert Report when Steven leaves to replace David Letterman at the end of the year.

CBS has renewed The Mentalist, but canceled The Crazy Ones, Intelligence, Bad Teacher, Friends with Better Lives and Hostages.

This marks the first cancellation notice that I'm bummed about so far. Because I thought The Crazy Ones was just damn hilarious. I tried Intelligence, didn't like it. One episode of FWBL was enough and the other two I couldn't care less about.

But I have to say that I am totally stunned by the renewal of The Mentalist. Especially since the showrunner Bruno Heller is leaving to go to Gotham and there really isn't anything else to do with the characters anymore.

I really liked friends with better lives. But there was a storyline from a few weeks back that seemed really dated. For the live of me I don't remember what it was though. Between this, Mixology, Welcome to the family and Community I am super bummed.

TBS has renewed Cougar Town for a Sixth and Final season. Three seasons on ABC three on TBS. It would be nice if TBS would pick up Community for it's 6th and Final season. It and Cougar town have always been very supportive of each other with Abed guest starring on Cougar Town and Travis and Laurie guest starring on Community.

BANNED

But I have to say that I am totally stunned by the renewal of The Mentalist. Especially since the showrunner Bruno Heller is leaving to go to Gotham and there really isn't anything else to do with the characters anymore.
    I couldn't disagree more. Freed from the yoke of the Red John plot (which had been getting stale for a while now) there's plenty to do with the characters, particularly Jane. He's spent the better part of the last decade of his life in obsessive pursuit of a single goal, most likely believing that he would die in fulfillment of it. But now that the goal has been achieved and he has the rest of his life ahead of him . . . now what? He has to actually start looking down the road like a normal person, something he's never really given much thought to. I think that's pretty fertile ground for character exploration and growth.

BANNED

Also for the CW: Renewed - Hart of Dixie, The 100.
    Although I found the premise risible when I watched the pilot, The 100 has turned out to be surprisingly entertaining.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am going to really miss Community. I was also enjoying Crazy Ones, Suburgatory, and even Friends With Better Lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Freed from the yoke of the Red John plot (which had been getting stale for a while now) there's plenty to do with the characters, particularly Jane. He's spent the better part of the last decade of his life in obsessive pursuit of a single goal, most likely believing that he would die in fulfillment of it. But now that the goal has been achieved and he has the rest of his life ahead of him . . . now what? He has to actually start looking down the road like a normal person, something he's never really given much thought to. I think that's pretty fertile ground for character exploration and growth.
    Except they haven't really done anything with that fertile ground since they restarted the series with the Texas setting.

BANNED

That stinks about Neighbors. I loved that show.

BANNED

Neighbors was not funny

I thought Friends With Better Lives Was OK

Marks the second failed series for James Van Der Beek bpost Dawson
    Last edited by Vibranium; 05-11-2014 at 07:35 AM.