Page 54 of 311 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: TV News Updates

Fox has given the full season pickup order for the drama series Rosewood.

ABC has canceled Rookie Blue after six seasons.

Syfy has canceled Defiance after three seasons.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

Is it cancelled or just wrapping up six seasons is a decent run. For a summer series

Ultimate Member

God damn it...

At least it had a decent wrap up, all things considered.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have no clue what Rookie Blue is supposed to be. I didn't even know it had ran 6 seasons. Defiance I joked 3 years ago was a close comparison to an old , old series named...Gunsmoke. Nearly everything fits like some futuristic Gunsmoke . From the doctor , the lady running the saloon , to the tough sheriff. Almost every role seems like they lifted it from Gunsmoke and changed some things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Is it cancelled or just wrapping up six seasons is a decent run. For a summer series
    The articles on TVLine.com and TVGuide.com both say canceled.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have no clue what Rookie Blue is supposed to be. I didn't even know it had ran 6 seasons. Defiance I joked 3 years ago was a close comparison to an old , old series named...Gunsmoke. Nearly everything fits like some futuristic Gunsmoke . From the doctor , the lady running the saloon , to the tough sheriff. Almost every role seems like they lifted it from Gunsmoke and changed some things.
    Never seen Gunsmoke, but I have to guess it never dealt with things like abortion, genocide and post war cultural assimilation.

My heart pains for the loss of Dr. Yewell's snark. It was a once in a generation thing *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Never seen Gunsmoke, but I have to guess it never dealt with things like abortion, genocide and post war cultural assimilation.

My heart pains for the loss of Dr. Yewell's snark. It was a once in a generation thing *sniff*
    Actually Gunsmoke did deal with a lot of mature themes in its run. From racial problems to rape (they never said rape...they couldn't then but they would pretty much make you realize what happened). The show was a very well done anthology and as it got older , it did a lot more mature type stories. Some stories would feature the aspect of the changing west and how native Americans were being treated as well.

Its a damn good western. The color episodes from 1965-1975 was really my favorite ones. CBS only ended the show because of the fact the audience had aged as did the actors. I mean...it ran 20 seasons. I remember James Arness joked on TV once had CBS not cancelled Gunsmoke , the show likely would have ran til 1980.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Netflix will bring back Gilmore Girls. Here's the Details

Netflix will bring back Gilmore Girls. Here's the Details
    Damn you are fast. I will believe it when I see it with my own two eyes. When they start filming I mean.

Discovery has announced that the upcoming 14th season of Mythbusters will be its last.

Mythbusters ran out of steam years ago. That's a mercy killing.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Switched at Birth has been renewed for a 5th season.

ABC has canceled The Whispers after 1 season.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Mythbusters ran out of steam years ago. That's a mercy killing.
    I used to love Mythbusters, I was on a fansite years ago and made quite a few online friends there. I haven't watched the show in a long time though- like maybe not since MySpace was a thing.

Didn't all the original people leave Mythbusters already ?