Page 6 of 311 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: TV News Updates

BANNED

I dont understand the appeal of Face Off...I really don't get

all the contestants are super unlikeable and it just has that taint of faux reality TV around it

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I dont understand the appeal of Face Off...I really don't get

all the contestants are super unlikeable and it just has that taint of faux reality TV around it
    Have you watched all of the seasons. Cause there are a lot of likable contestants through out the seasons.

BANNED

maybe I just don't get wannabe artists

just not my thing...and does one really need to watch a show like that "live"?

SHIELD is much more important IMO

maybe I just don't get wannabe artists

just not my thing...and does one really need to watch a show like that "live"?

SHIELD is much more important IMO
    How are they wannabes most of them have some level of experiance. And even if they don't even jack kirby, jem henson, ralph macquarry and john romita got their start some where.

As for watching it live I am friends on facebook with previous contestants and when I couldn't watch it live I was always getting spoiled on who won the night and who got sent home.
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 05-13-2014 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

somewhere not on my TV...I think having to scratch and scrape and claw to get a break is what makes you good

not some half ass reality TV show

After finally getting to see the full length trailers for most of the new ABC shows, I can say that Selfie is better than the original clip. Not GREAT but at least I want to see it now.

Forever is pretty good too. And the some of the midseason shows have promise. Secrets and Lies being one of them. I'll have more when my ABC schedule article goes up.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    After finally getting to see the full length trailers for most of the new ABC shows, I can say that Selfie is better than the original clip. Not GREAT but at least I want to see it now.

Forever is pretty good too. And the some of the midseason shows have promise. Secrets and Lies being one of them. I'll have more when my ABC schedule article goes up.
    I love Amy Pond, and John Cho was great in Go On but that show looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I love Amy Pond, and John Cho was great in Go On but that show looks awful.
    The scene with Gillan and Cho with the Charmonique character was indeed very painful. But I thought it looked a little better in the other scenes. We'll just have to wait and see.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's the CBS schedule: (No trailers have been posted so far as I have been able to find online, yet)

MONDAY

8/7c: The Big Bang Theory / 2 Broke Girls (starting Oct. 27)
    8:30/7:30c: Mom
    9/8c: Scorpion (NEW)
    10/9c: NCIS: Los Angeles

TUESDAY

8/7c: NCIS
    9/8c: NCIS: New Orleans (NEW)
    10/9c: Person of Interest

WEDNESDAY

8/7c: Survivor
    9/8c: Criminals Minds
    10/9c: Stalker (NEW)

THURSDAY

8/7c: Thursday Night Football / The Big Bang Theory (starting Oct. 30)
    8:30/7:30c: NFL Thursday Night Football (Sept. 11-Oct. 23) / The Millers (starting Oct. 30)
    9/8c: Thursday Night Football (Sept. 11-Oct. 23) / Two and a Half Men (starting Oct. 30)
    9:30/8:30c: Thursday Night Football (Sept. 11-Oct. 23) / The McCarthys (starting Oct. 30)
    10/9c: Thursday Night Football (Sept. 11-Oct. 23) / Elementary (startingOct. 30)

FRIDAY

8/7c: The Amazing Race
    9/8c: Hawaii Five-0
    10/9c: Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

Repeats
    10/9c: 48 Hours

SUNDAY
    7/6c: 60 Minutes
    8/7c: Madam Secretary (NEW)
    9/8c: The Good Wife
    10/9c: CSI / CSI: Cyber (NEW)

For me CBS is the big network of shows. I'll watch Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Mom, NCIS: LA, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Stalker (check it out at least), NFL football, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods and The Good Wife.

BANNED

Hawaii Five-O is doing good in its Friday spot...easier for me to watch it there instead of Mondays

Kinda sad that CBS didn't pick up How I Met Your Dad (they wanted reshoots but craig and carter said no unless they got a season commitment. Another network could pick it up and technically CBS has till tonight to say yes but it probably won't happen. Still it might be for the best.

I wonder how Thursday Night Football is going to pay off for CBS. It's taking up a good chunk of the Fall line-up.

BANNED

the NFL is a tv juggernaut

it will be just fine

bottom rung NFL teams in the regular season do better ratings than other sports playoffs

Chozen and Legit have both been cancelled by FX.

Astonishing Member

the NFL is a tv juggernaut

it will be just fine

bottom rung NFL teams in the regular season do better ratings than other sports playoffs
    It's going to make TNA drop to a .6 rating though!