Page 61 of 311 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: TV News Updates

Apparently the cast of Mike & Molly know that this upcoming season will be their last.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You take that back...!

...and stop being right...
    I actually enjoy Blacklist, but it's clearly a show that succeeds almost entirely on the strength of the talent and chemistry of the cast, spearheaded by James Spader. Without that, it would have been lucky to make it to the end of the first season, because it's pretty pedestrian in almost every other regard.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I actually enjoy Blacklist, but it's clearly a show that succeeds almost entirely on the strength of the talent and chemistry of the cast, spearheaded by James Spader. Without that, it would have been lucky to make it to the end of the first season, because it's pretty pedestrian in almost every other regard.
    I'll do you one better, the strength of the cast member, singular. Spader is the reason the show is so enjoyable.

Ultimate Member

I said stop being right!

*cries*

I agree on every point, yeah. I think some of the conecpts for bad guys are neat, but the way Red goes after them is usually a) just snitching or b) he knows someone we've never seen before and that's not really that creative.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I'll do you one better, the strength of the cast member, singular. Spader is the reason the show is so enjoyable.
    I have to agree, but in fairness, it's really the plotting that holds the other characters back. Rare is it that anyone other than Red gets a chance to be bad ass.

BANNED

He's certainly the primary reason, and without him the show would crater. But as much fun as he is, if the rest of the cast didn't rise to the challenge and hold up their ends, Spader wouldn't have been able to carry the whole thing himself for this long without getting worn down and running out of gas. I think most of the rest of the primary cast does a solid job playing of Spader and each other.

He's certainly the primary reason, and without him the show would crater. But as much fun as he is, if the rest of the cast didn't rise to the challenge and hold up their ends, Spader wouldn't have been able to carry the whole thing himself for this long without getting worn down and running out of gas. I think most of the rest of the primary cast does a solid job playing of Spader and each other.
    Well, except Liz. She has improved this season, but I remember the fans positively loathed her in the first seasons.

Ultimate Member

Well, except Liz. She has improved this season, but I remember the fans positively loathed her in the first seasons.
    Probably because she was the only one allowed to make full use of her brain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Apparently the cast of Mike & Molly know that this upcoming season will be their last.
    Not surprised, the show has gone pretty much nowhere over the last few years, Molly went from being a teacher to unemployed to a new writer to a famous writer...leaving Mike to...well...not have changed at all...funny show but not surprised.

TNT has canceled Legends, Public Morals and Agent X while renewing Major Crimes and The Librarians.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

TNT has canceled Legends, Public Morals and Agent X while renewing Major Crimes and The Librarians.
    and Sean Bean dies yet again, I tried a couple episodes of Legends..didn't connect

I think Agent X would have worked better as a mini series or movie type thing

Ultimate Member

Shame about Public Morals, I kinda liked it.

Didn't Agent X premiere like three weeks ago? Damn that was a fast cancel.

BANNED

Well, except Liz.
    I think she's been fine as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and Sean Bean dies yet again, I tried a couple episodes of Legends..didn't connect
    I tried watching the first season on Netflix. I barely made it through two episodes.

Librarians rules though. Its the closest thing to an american version of doctor who there will ever be

NBC has canceled Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris.