Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Default Hobgoblin-The new Taskmaster?

Hobgoblin,in Dan Slott's run was appeared with an interesting gimmick.He sells villain franchise to various guys who wants to be super-criminals and takes a cut from them.It would be interesting if even after AXIS event,Kingsley starts to buy villain and hero franchises as a business model.

Anyway,his way of profit in Slott's Amazing and Superior Spider-Man runs reminds me slightly of Taskmaster's business as supervillain trainer.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

His MO certainly resembles Taskmaster. I'd love to see them teamed up or pitted against eachother at some point.

I also believe Roderick as Hobgoblin is the last major Spidey villain with the most untapped potential right now.

All-New Member

I don't think so. Kingsley is not a fighter and is a coward. Spock eve refers to him as a coward (written by Dan Slott) during the "Hobgoblin" vs. Goblin King fight. He prefers to be behind the scene and send someone else in his place to fight as we have seen many times. He doesn't train them like Taskmaster. He just wants money from them and they can whatever they want.

Maybe hero Kingsley will be different.

Mania Mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I also believe Roderick as Hobgoblin is the last major Spidey villain with the most untapped potential right now.

I think this is an insightful comment. Firstly, Hobgoblin is an offbeat super-villain, since he is similar to the nefarious Green Goblin but offers schemes that are somehow somewhat deranged and less clear-cut, making him more menacing if not more authoritative.

Hobgoblin is an under-rated villain in general when compared to the big bad buys in the comic book inflation world right now --- i.e., Scarecrow (Batman - DC Comics), Green Goblin (Spider-Man - Marvel Comics), General Zod (Superman - DC Comics), Magneto (X-Men - Marvel Comics), Dr. Doom (Fantastic Four - Marvel Comics), and Penguin (Batman - DC Comics).

I'd love to see another Andrew Garfield Spider-Man blockbuster with Ashton Kutcher as the Hobgoblin.

Hobgoblin reminds me actually of both Taskmaster and Ruckus (X-Men - Marvel Comics). His off-center quality makes him a perfect psyche symbol of mayhem machinery.

Ruckus (X-Men)

roderick.jpg