Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    penetrator of things

In Superman: Doomed, Brainiac mentioned he was collecting people's souls to create a reality in his image...

Also, all of Futures End always pointed to Brainiac, why are we surprised it's him now?

What if Pandora's Box is based on Brainiac?

WHAT IF. THIS WAS ALL PLANED FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE NEW 52?

WHAT IF. THE "TRINITY" IS REALLY THE THREE DIODES ON BRAINIAC'S HEAD.
    Last edited by tako; 10-04-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

BANNED

DC planning things from the beginning? wow

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Relatively, yeah.

* JLI was supposed to be in Trinity War instead of JLA.
    * Pandora was supposed to become a major player in Stormwatch.
    * Brother Eye has a new programmer and is coming back with a vengeance.
    * Booster Gold going back in time, blah, blah, blah.
    * (We might get a Global Guardians book next year)
    * Tons of others... can't remember... eee tess ate chai tea...

Basically, this event should've been in the late second year of the New 52, it's just that sales caused it to suffer.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSandhu View Post
    Relatively, yeah.

* JLI was supposed to be in Trinity War instead of JLA.
    * Pandora was supposed to become a major player in Stormwatch.
    * Brother Eye has a new programmer and is coming back with a vengeance.
    * Booster Gold going back in time, blah, blah, blah.
    * (We might get a Global Guardians book next year)
    * Tons of others... can't remember... eee tess ate chai tea...

Basically, this event should've been in the late second year of the New 52, it's just that sales caused it to suffer.
    The plans usually change. Pretty sure Helspont and the Daemonites were supposed to be involved in whatever Pandora was trying to prevent, but that didn't sell, so...the Daemonites are nowhere but being continuously hunted by Grifter! Except, we've got two Wildstorm characters in Futures End right now, so we'll see how that goes.
    @takoleeks

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Well, they could have planned to have a revisionist event 3 or 4 years down the line, and to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks in the meantime. It makes some sense.

Spectacular Member

Chiming in...said already here..

Pandora's "box" skull, three eyed.

Please, please let this have been the story all along.

Most of the pre New 52 characters shown are from coie. They have pre coie Grifter, pre coie Supergirl, coie Legion, post zero hour Legion, pre coie El Diablo, coie firestorm, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 10-04-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Chiming in...said already here..

Pandora's "box" skull, three eyed.

Please, please let this have been the story all along.
    Pretty sure it is. I remember around the lead-up to Trinity War people were wondering if the three-eyed skull motif of Pandora's Box and the coins suggested something to do with Despero, but it fits perfectly with this new Brainiac design. The face very skull-like, and the upside down variation of the nodes of Brainiac's classic logo creates a three-eyed appearance. It all fits.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pretty sure it is. I remember around the lead-up to Trinity War people were wondering if the three-eyed skull motif of Pandora's Box and the coins suggested something to do with Despero, but it fits perfectly with this new Brainiac design. The face very skull-like, and the upside down variation of the nodes of Brainiac's classic logo creates a three-eyed appearance. It all fits.
    Plus, a skull has been featured in Futures End with Brainiac diodes and lines and things a few times.

PANDORA. WHERE R U.

WHY IS GEOFF JOHNS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS
    @takoleeks

He probably is. If we're on the right track and this character is essentially the catalyst of the New 52 merger, Trinity War, and Forever Evil, Johns may very well have created him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-04-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He probably is. If we're on the right track and this character is essentially the catalyst of the New 52 merger, Trinity War, and Forever Evil, Johns may very well have created him.
    I don't think Geoff has anything to do with this, he is way too busy working on tv series and Justice League proper. Also, pretty sure he has a mandate where he can only plan/work on 2 books at a time due to his workload.

Spectacular Member

It wouldn't surprise if many Brainiacs are a part of this; has everyone forgotten about "Our World at War" Brainiac? Who became part of the big bang of our universe, which just happens to be the universe that is the focal point of the multiverse? Unless I'm remembering that storyline wrong. I'm sure there was even mentions of our Earth/universe being the centre of things and its effects cascading outwards, too.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    WHAT IF. THE "TRINITY" IS REALLY THE THREE DIODES ON BRAINIAC'S HEAD.
    What if this brainiac is a fusion of 3 brainiacs, reminiscent of the 3 Earths that were merged on Flashpoint?

(I still prefer "pre Crisis Brainiac with Monitor tech, but anything can happen)

Speaking about Pandora, in her Futures End one-shot there was a line: "We are programmed to forget until the time comes".

Brainiac can't collect cities/universes/whatever till they are in continuity so he creates a being that would continuously restart the multiverse and by this allow to salvage him those discarded continuities.
    Pandora becomes aware of her purpose and erases herself from existence as seen in her one-shot.
    Brainiac left without agent doesn't want to wait till another "reboot" happens naturally (like it did with Anti-Monitor for example) and decides to take a direct role this time - Futures End weekly starts with him entering our universe and destroying Stormwatch.

It could work.

Not really sure what the motives of giant Brainiac might be in doing his collections or maybe he is just bored. Maybe giant Brainiac also enjoys doing reboots out of boredom since the Anti Monitor also tried his reboot during coie and Parallax also tried his reboot during Zero Hour. For the coie anniversary, it is obvious the heroes in the bottles would attempt an escape and the New 52 heroes would try to help free the bottles. The coie anniversary can be done without a reboot. The motives of the giant Brainiac seem to be to use Brother Eye to assimilate everybody in every universe like Borgs.