Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Despite his successful twenty-year tenure as the Flash, Kid Flash is arguably still Wally's most iconic role. Compare Dick Grayson, for example: he did great as Nightwing for thirty years, but people still generally think of him first and foremost as Robin. Those first identities stick, for better or worse.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Nah... at best, it's a generational thing. Kid Flash was never as high profile as Robin, be it in comics or other media. If you say that older readers, or the people in charge at DC see this way, sure. That's been my point for years. The people who actually give a damn about him, though, I'd bet that that is not what they (or us) want to see.

But bringing versions of pre-52 continuity and have Wally as Kid Flash is just... Well, is just like everything else in the last 6 years. I can't say i'm surprised.

I haven't really been keeping up with futures end what exactly is that Brainiac suppose to be.
    We're not quite sure yet. He's definitely not New 52 Brainiac as the end of Doomed shows that Brainiac actually being saved by this ultra Brainiac. The pervading theory appears to be though that he's the original, pre-Crisis Brainiac. Obviously souped up.

The question I have now is motive. Is it the same as always, that he's merely interested in Collection, just this time on a multiple reality-spanning scale? Or is there more to it than that? They've already done the "trying to create the perfect Earth" thing with Alex and IC, so I'm crossing that one off.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-04-2014 at 03:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Hey, it's Wally!

As Kid Flash!
    we can't have everything!

Wally as flash is a big no with didio and johns at DC

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Is that real Wally West I see?
    I hope it's an omen that we'll get him back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'm willing to bet if we see Silver Age Superman and/or post-Crisis Superman, one of them dies mirroring Supergirl's death in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm willing to bet if we see Silver Age Superman and/or post-Crisis Superman, one of them dies mirroring Supergirl's death in the original.
    or Superboy Prime comes back and beat him to death....again

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Superboy Prime does not beat people to death.

He *kills* them to death.

Subtle distinction.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    for all we know godhead ends up with Prime being released from the source wall, or it turns out they've generated the anti-death equation and the Gentry are the reason the New Gods are gone (bar dreamer, barda and miracle) in Future's end

wally might be aged up, and the JSA Might be reintroduced (johns is smart enough to not express counter-"Young and Hip" views unless somethings coming); but expect the more significant changes to stay.

He might be what the Anti-Monitor always *wanted* to be
    Well maybe. while the Anti-Monitor wants to destroy the Multiverse Brainiac want to collect. Though they both may be trying to reshape reality in their image. We aren't sure of Brainiac's intentions yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well maybe. while the Anti-Monitor wants to destroy the Multiverse Brainiac want to collect. Though they both may be trying to reshape reality in their image. We aren't sure of Brainiac's intentions yet.
    on the other hand, if this IS pre-crisis brainiac; then it might be connected. he may well have survived the multiversal shifts in COIE, zero hour, IC, FC, flashpoint, the alterations made when lucifer's creation merged with the original article, pandora's apparently cyclical rebooting of the multiverse.

similar to his earth prime avatar/personifcation/incarnation/seperate version that he's co-opted claiming to bottle the cities in the path of the 5th dimesnional host; perhaps this brainiac seeks to bottle the heroic cities of the various worlds of numerous multiverses (hasn't lobdell been the one mentioning a greater omniverse?)

hell, for all we know Clock is puttering around in one of those cities

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    similar to his earth prime avatar/personifcation/incarnation/seperate version that he's co-opted claiming to bottle the cities in the path of the 5th dimesnional host; perhaps this brainiac seeks to bottle the heroic cities of the various worlds of numerous multiverses (hasn't lobdell been the one mentioning a greater omniverse?)

hell, for all we know Clock is puttering around in one of those cities
    I'm calling it, Brainiac infiltrated Monitor-Tech somewhen during the COIE.

I don't know about what Lobdell has been talking about, but there was the "Megaverse" line back in 52, which was also mentioned in the latest FE Booster Gold issue.

As a side note, a friend of mine interviewed Berganza here in Brazil back in 2009. The only question that he hesitated to answer (and I can't remember if he did) was about the megaverse. May mean nothing, may mean there was some sort of plan even back then (Multiversity was already being written, after all).

I'm calling it, Brainiac infiltrated Monitor-Tech somewhen during the COIE.
    This would be awesome, and I think I do remember Brainiac digging around the Anti-Monitor's technology during COIE.

This would be awesome, and I think I do remember Brainiac digging around the Anti-Monitor's technology during COIE.

I have a vague memory as well, but there are some good ten years since my last reading of COIE, so I didn't want to mention.

The reason for my hypothesis is that it just fits current continuity too well for it not to be the case. Just think:

- Back at WildStorm, we had ShiftShips (like the then Authority/now StormWatch Carrier)
    - These ShiftShips could navigate trough alternate dimensions trough the Bleed.
    - Back in Final Crisis, Morrison brought the Bleed into the DC Multiverse proper.
    - He used to Bleed to retroactively explain the red skies from COIE and the subsequent Crisis. This was seen even in Forever Evil.
    - He also took the same ShiftShips and retconned them into being Monitor-Tech all along (they never had a proper, definitive origin before).

So, we basically have ships that can both transverse the Multiverse and, for all intents and purposes, should have existed, even if retroactively, before and ruing COIE. We have the Monitors as a concept that can - and does - survive any and all reboots in one form or another. And as we've seen in Multiversity, their tech also does (the House of Heroes is the Monitor Satellite from COIE, and the part of Harbinger which was left in the mechanical womb (egg?) is now that satellite's AI)

On top of that, StormWatch was supposed to be greatly important back at the time of relaunch and the event is called Blood Moon, which, IMHO is a not so subtle hint at the Bleed.

It would just be a waste if something along those lines wasn't the case.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, yeah. We're definitely gonna get some retcons to the New 52. It probably won't look exactly like the Pre-Flashpoint universe, though. It'll probably be more of hybrid of the two.

I have a vague memory as well, but there are some good ten years since my last reading of COIE, so I didn't want to mention.
    It happened shortly before a damaged Brainiac went searching for Luthor. Eventually, Brainiac gathered together an assortment of characters and hightailed it to Apokolips, where Brainiac proposed an alliance with Darkseid to sucker punch the Anti-Monitor and set him up for the heroes' final assault.