Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Looking at all this stuff, I get the distinct feeling that 2015 is going to be an AWESOME year for DC Comics fans. A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Don't count your chickens before they've hatched!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    From Superman board:

AWESOME
    Ted Kord! Three sightings in one month. Fingers crossed for something good to come out of this...

Astonishing Member

^ wasn't ted's return to blue beetle-hood (And jaime's no doubt brutal and pointless death) sealed with FE?

anyone getting the feeling the band-aid thing for the move west might also serve as a means for getting the various books to synchronize?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    ^ wasn't ted's return to blue beetle-hood (And jaime's no doubt brutal and pointless death) sealed with FE?

anyone getting the feeling the band-aid thing for the move west might also serve as a means for getting the various books to synchronize?
    Jaime's not dead, he's schedule to be in Teen Titans, i think his last appearance was in threshold.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Jaime's not dead, he's schedule to be in Teen Titans
    Oooh, really?

Got a link - love Jaime!

Jaime's not dead, he's schedule to be in Teen Titans, i think his last appearance was in threshold.
    I think death would be better than being on Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think death would be better than being on Teen Titans.
    Why? Lobdell's no longer on it and even so he used one Annual i cleaned up most of the mess he started.

I am certain Jaime is going to be fine -- he is an awesome character. Why they don't use him more is beyond me. He seems like a perfect fit for Teen Titans or one of the several Justice League titles.

Ted appeared briefly at the end of Forever Evil as a 20-something grad student, but the Ted in the image is Blue Beetle Ted! I guess his costume is recognizable enough that they can use it for shorthand for "another reality/universe/etc." whatever they are implying...

I didn't think when they brought him into the New 52 Universe we would ever see him in costume again, so all the background cameos have been pretty exciting.

Incredible Member

Its gonna be strange to see Jaime AND Ted being Blue Beetles, especially because the age gap is way smaller (Jaime is what - 16? Ted looked 20 in FE) this time and Jaime started first this time.

Astonishing Member

what has traditionally happened to the legacy character when the "classic" version is brought back?

what has traditionally happened to the legacy character when the "classic" version is brought back?
    I think it has depended on the franchise. But I remember Wally and Barry and Kyle and Hal all co-existing pre-New 52. Dick Grayson went back to being Nightwing when Bruce Wayne came back... I'm running out of legacy memories -- anyone else have other examples? The reboot erased a lot of the legacy stuff, including Ted's time as Blue Beetle, in order to simplify things. My completely uninformed thought is that we probably will never see Ted in a Blue Beetle costume in the New 52 earth (Earth 0? is that what they're calling it now?), probably just in alternate earths, and Ted in the New 52 will just be a tech guy, but who knows. Its a little similar to where they seem to be going with their two Power Girls.

I'd love to have two Blue Beetles on one Earth, I think it would be a set up for all kinds of fun stuff, but I doubt it will happen. On the other hand, Marvel's doing two Hawkeyes very successfully at the moment...
    Last edited by sanderling; 10-25-2014 at 06:08 PM.