Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Original Sin Guardians of the Galaxy #19 Spoilers

Bendis is now telling us that if you are in the Cancerverse, you can't die, because the physics in the Cancerverse is different to the 616 physics. So they kill you, but you can just pop up alive again almost immediately sans the pain of death. Is this similar to what the physics is like in the Negative Zone, where they could kill Johnny Storm over and over again? So like the Savage Land there is a certain amount of nudity allowed in the Cancerverse as well, as both Quill and Thanos are naked. Also, Quill contemplates eating and whether he can starve to death, because he doesn't see any food in the Cancerverse, so how does that work? Does everybody just shrivel up to a skeleton? I don't think so, because the Revengers remain pumped up individuals so the physics here is that the body doesn't die. You are immortal.

Guess what? If Nova is still in the Cancerverse, he's just fine.

Some spoilers

They fight over the cosmic cube and Quill blasts Thanos into a fiery death. Oh oh. Thanos is alive again? Sheesh, this goes on a lot of the time until the Revengers get involved, and now Thanos is on the GOGT's side. No resolution in the end, so back here next month for the conclusion.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.

But didn't the Cancerverse collapse within itself or something and kill everything within the universe at the time including Thanos, Quill, and Ryder

The Cancerverse may have just lost its portal to the 616 and nothing more.

Yes. Death destroyed the cancerverse.

But you know... Bendis.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

actually Johnny was being brought back to life by Annihilus technology.

The above pages prove everything that is wrong with Bendis' story. The above clearly shows and says what is happening, but if you read Guardians #18-19 its completely opposite. Baffles me.
    Last edited by Drakeon; 10-06-2014 at 12:10 AM.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Bendis's dialogue never fails to completely take me out of a scene. It would work if this was some kind of Adult Swim parody of Marvel.

My biggest beefs are showing E-Vell like a common goon , I mean he was the Big villain of TI? It just shows Bendis didn't even read the series. I mean knocking out the TI trade would take what? an hour?

The dying and reanimation is possible if death went back to 616..we don't know how that would have stood...

The shield thing and misspelling RIder's name , both errors that occurred correct/ incorrect in single issues....inexcusable

If all of this wasn't bad enough, as per LSL#4 this big shameful "deal" that Pete struck with Thanos was a frikin' temporary TRUCE!!!
    LMFAO!!! This Bendys era HAS to be the worst EVER in the history of Marvel cosmic...I mean I can't think of anything as bad...can anybody else? I mean this is Chuck Austen level stuff here....maybe years from now I'll appreciate it for how bad an era it was...but for now, WOW. I really hope NYCC brings news of new creative on this book. Somebody, ANYBODY has to retcon all of this stuff out of existence or just flat out ignore this Bendys era sort of like Hickman does over in his Avengers books.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

This is the story Bendis has been wanting to tell since he took over Guardians. If that is the case, I wondering what is the end goal. I am happy to see a Richard Rider story, but this has got to be leading to something, right. And it cannot just be leading to showing that Rich is dead. That would make no sense - that would just be adding gas to fire for Richard fans. And I don't think that is the case. So, I am waiting to see what the plan is.

Depending on what circumstances the other 3 got out of the Cancerverse, if Rich was left behind in the Cancerverse, then he isn't dead. Just languishing in eternal combat with the Revengers, or he became one of them. From StarLords demeanour, it appears it was a sad ending he couldn't control, not a fatal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    The above pages prove everything that is wrong with Bendis' story. The above clearly shows and says what is happening, but if you read Guardians #18-19 its completely opposite. Baffles me.
    Editors would rather argue on forums and blogs, insulting fans, than do their jobs or ask people to stick to the continuity rules established in universe, because work is hard and snark is easy. Nick Lowe, Steve Wacker and Tom Brevoort have jobs they can't be bothered to do properly. Didio hated it so much, he rebooted everything instead. In publishing of literature, books go through 3/4 editors. A manuscript/text editor, a sub-editor who makes sure their work is properly done, an executive genre editor to make suggestions about possible alterations that could make it more profitable, and an editor in chief, who really does very little because most of the work is done and if anything just cuts down the excess to make the story flow but excises parts for page count purposes by making notes to kick back down to the sub-editor to do. There is not that same kind of quality control in comics anymore because the lines are too wide, the deadlines too tight and profit matters more in a shrinking industry than consistency. This is not the era of Jeanette Khan, Jim Shooter and Paul Levitz, the only art in mainsteam comics is on panel, not in the work in it's entirety. Even artists walk away under crappy conditions because of the BS they deal with when they can get better work and respect for their efforts elsewhere, Marko Djurdjevic walked, Christopher Priest walked, Stephanie D'Orrico walked, Madureira puts comics waaaay below his priorities for doing concept art for computer games but they still ask him back again and again to fail his deadlines... it's a brutal industry that relies on fanboy love from both the audience and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Editors would rather argue on forums and blogs, insulting fans, than do their jobs or ask people to stick to the continuity rules established in universe, because work is hard and snark is easy. Nick Lowe, Steve Wacker and Tom Brevoort have jobs they can't be bothered to do properly. Didio hated it so much, he rebooted everything instead. In publishing of literature, books go through 3/4 editors. A manuscript/text editor, a sub-editor who makes sure their work is properly done, an executive genre editor to make suggestions about possible alterations that could make it more profitable, and an editor in chief, who really does very little because most of the work is done and if anything just cuts down the excess to make the story flow but excises parts for page count purposes by making notes to kick back down to the sub-editor to do. There is not that same kind of quality control in comics anymore because the lines are too wide, the deadlines too tight and profit matters more in a shrinking industry than consistency. This is not the era of Jeanette Khan, Jim Shooter and Paul Levitz, the only art in mainsteam comics is on panel, not in the work in it's entirety. Even artists walk away under crappy conditions because of the BS they deal with when they can get better work and respect for their efforts elsewhere, Marko Djurdjevic walked, Christopher Priest walked, Stephanie D'Orrico walked, Madureira puts comics waaaay below his priorities for doing concept art for computer games but they still ask him back again and again to fail his deadlines... it's a brutal industry that relies on fanboy love from both the audience and talent.
    This problem is deep...its rooted in some stuff that developed with a real reason..

Marvel Knights was the biggest factor...it had a completely disjointed continuity that still is unclear nearly 15 years later...MK sold tons and forged the new face of marvel. Joe Quesada was a product of this and everyone he brought up falls in line with his thinking. It set the tone.

Problem for us are things like Annihilation, Planet Hulk, and Avengers: The Initiative are somewhat a product of this Marvel Knights thinking as well..it was bold new stuff. It can work and it can go bad as well. Its gotten out of hand when it starts to disavow itself though.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    This problem is deep...its rooted in some stuff that developed with a real reason..

Marvel Knights was the biggest factor...it had a completely disjointed continuity that still is unclear nearly 15 years later...MK sold tons and forged the new face of marvel. Joe Quesada was a product of this and everyone he brought up falls in line with his thinking. It set the tone.

Problem for us are things like Annihilation, Planet Hulk, and Avengers: The Initiative are somewhat a product of this Marvel Knights thinking as well..it was bold new stuff. It can work and it can go bad as well. Its gotten out of hand when it starts to disavow itself though.
    I gave up on comics for 9 years because things got ridiculously ignorant of their roots for temporary shock tactics like The 12 ending with Apocacyke. I got back on board because of Planet Hulk because I am a Hulk fan at heart and loved the idea of him finding peace and purpose, then finding a real reason to be angry. I disliked WWH except for the X-Men mini that made sense. I guess the Moon healed itself after a large part of it was blown off by Black Bolt's scream, right? The moon has Wolverine qualities of super healing.

Either build on the foundations and deal with the remodelling done by others or just move out into some malleable house of constantly moist clay. This kind of crap is wearing on me when for decades they didn't do this crap.