Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Veteran Member Joe Acro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    It was a place without Death, and Death clearly appeared to instill death in it. However, she also seems to abandon Thanos. It's entirely possible that having killed the Multi-Angled Ones and Mar-Vell, Death was satisfied enough to return home. When Death leaves, does the universe return to its undying state? It's possible, and that's what we've been shown.

    As for the Cancerverse not collapsing, do we have anyone with the know-how say that it's collapsing? The portal to the main universe is, certainly, but does anyone other than Quill say the universe itself is dying? He's certainly fallible.

    Mind you, I don't find the story greatly satisfying either. The Revengers' Cap's shield changes shape for no reason, Nova himself receives a grave injury needlessly, and the use of the Cosmic Cube doesn't line up with what we were told in Thanos Imperative. Hopefully the final act will be stronger.

  2. #17
    BANNED THANOSRULES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    I gave up on comics for 9 years because things got ridiculously ignorant of their roots for temporary shock tactics like The 12 ending with Apocacyke. I got back on board because of Planet Hulk because I am a Hulk fan at heart and loved the idea of him finding peace and purpose, then finding a real reason to be angry. I disliked WWH except for the X-Men mini that made sense. I guess the Moon healed itself after a large part of it was blown off by Black Bolt's scream, right? The moon has Wolverine qualities of super healing.

    Either build on the foundations and deal with the remodelling done by others or just move out into some malleable house of constantly moist clay. This kind of crap is wearing on me when for decades they didn't do this crap.
    They would argue it was always problematic...i think both of us disagree with that, and I fully agree with everything you say. Let's not forget that Black Bolt was basically brought back from WoK with no real explanation...again DnA stuff quickly changed or disregarded. What kills me is now you see that comics that are coming out around the same time dont match up. Bendis version of knowhere is complely different than Duggan's , Bendis shows different hulk version in Assembled than whats in the comic, Bendis uses a male smasher in imperial guard with no explanation..it goes on.

    This stuff has got to get better...but i fear it will not

  3. #18

    Default

    Nova's blast shield as Nova Prime, as well as his speed, should have meant even Revengers Cap couldn't hit him or pass through his aura. The dude is like a cosmic level Cannonball.

  4. #19
    BANNED THANOSRULES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    962

    Default

    did anyone else have a problem with RIder's dialogue line when he got hit? I mean I dont think rich would think he could crack open a cosmic cube. He's pretty smart and that sounds dumb.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    did anyone else have a problem with RIder's dialogue line when he got hit? I mean I dont think rich would think he could crack open a cosmic cube. He's pretty smart and that sounds dumb.
    He was a veteran by that point with the downloaded spatial intellect of the Worldmind compiled from all the Nova members in his own mind. He was literally as smart as he could be without being the Watcher, Cap Universe or Universal Tribunal. Millions of Nova empowered missions and members experiences were his to access and use. He was for a brief time technically one of the most inveterate intellects of cosmic understanding in the known universe, even beyond the Supreme Intellect of the Kree who only mapped their empire.

  6. #21
    Veteran Member Trevel8182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earth-8182
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    It was a place without Death, and Death clearly appeared to instill death in it. However, she also seems to abandon Thanos. It's entirely possible that having killed the Multi-Angled Ones and Mar-Vell, Death was satisfied enough to return home. When Death leaves, does the universe return to its undying state? It's possible, and that's what we've been shown.

    As for the Cancerverse not collapsing, do we have anyone with the know-how say that it's collapsing? The portal to the main universe is, certainly, but does anyone other than Quill say the universe itself is dying? He's certainly fallible.

    Mind you, I don't find the story greatly satisfying either. The Revengers' Cap's shield changes shape for no reason, Nova himself receives a grave injury needlessly, and the use of the Cosmic Cube doesn't line up with what we were told in Thanos Imperative. Hopefully the final act will be stronger.
    You gave logical explanation as to why the Cancerverse is no longer imploding, but with Bendis, he refuses to explain instead he just keeps reiterating that you can't die in the Cancerverse, completely ignoring the fact that all of Thanos Imperative was about bringing Death into the Cancerverse and succeed and saw her kill Mar-Vell, The Revengers, and saw the Cancerverse starting to implode. I do disagree with you on Mar-Vell, there's no way he should be alive. Why couldn't Bendis just use the Cancerverse versions of the X-Men. Thanos and Cosmo also said that the Cancerverse was imploding and you saw it starting to freak out.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Why couldn't Bendis just use the Cancerverse versions of the X-Men.
    Beta Ray Bill had destroyed Colossus and Wolverine when freeing Major Victory and Namorita. It stands to reason the other Cancer X-Men were killed either by the strike team or the station being blown up by Mar-Vell.

  8. #23
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Editors would rather argue on forums and blogs, insulting fans, than do their jobs or ask people to stick to the continuity rules established in universe, because work is hard and snark is easy. Nick Lowe, Steve Wacker and Tom Brevoort have jobs they can't be bothered to do properly. Didio hated it so much, he rebooted everything instead. In publishing of literature, books go through 3/4 editors. A manuscript/text editor, a sub-editor who makes sure their work is properly done, an executive genre editor to make suggestions about possible alterations that could make it more profitable, and an editor in chief, who really does very little because most of the work is done and if anything just cuts down the excess to make the story flow but excises parts for page count purposes by making notes to kick back down to the sub-editor to do. There is not that same kind of quality control in comics anymore because the lines are too wide, the deadlines too tight and profit matters more in a shrinking industry than consistency. This is not the era of Jeanette Khan, Jim Shooter and Paul Levitz, the only art in mainsteam comics is on panel, not in the work in it's entirety. Even artists walk away under crappy conditions because of the BS they deal with when they can get better work and respect for their efforts elsewhere, Marko Djurdjevic walked, Christopher Priest walked, Stephanie D'Orrico walked, Madureira puts comics waaaay below his priorities for doing concept art for computer games but they still ask him back again and again to fail his deadlines... it's a brutal industry that relies on fanboy love from both the audience and talent.
    We're all doomed!!!

    SW

  9. #24
    Veteran Member Joe Acro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Near Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    You gave logical explanation as to why the Cancerverse is no longer imploding, but with Bendis, he refuses to explain instead he just keeps reiterating that you can't die in the Cancerverse, completely ignoring the fact that all of Thanos Imperative was about bringing Death into the Cancerverse and succeed and saw her kill Mar-Vell, The Revengers, and saw the Cancerverse starting to implode. I do disagree with you on Mar-Vell, there's no way he should be alive. Why couldn't Bendis just use the Cancerverse versions of the X-Men. Thanos and Cosmo also said that the Cancerverse was imploding and you saw it starting to freak out.
    Well, I didn't really try to explain Mar-Vell. The character we see in this issue doesn't look like Cancerverse Mar-Vell. He does certainly look a Captain Marvel, though.

    I'd forgotten that the Revengers died as well. That certainly is hard to explain.

  10. #25
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I'd forgotten that the Revengers died as well. That certainly is hard to explain.
    Unless its tied into the reason Thanos, Drax, and Quill died and resurrected. On its face this whole story seems ridiculous compared to what we saw before but I'm willing to wait a month to see if there isn't a REAL explanation.

  11. #26

    Default

    What Bendis did to the GOTG and Thanos was the epitome of bad, infuriating comics that s***s over previous runs and characterisation. To say nothing of Nova. Why Marvel editors and writers hate Nova?

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    If all of this wasn't bad enough, as per LSL#4 this big shameful "deal" that Pete struck with Thanos was a frikin' temporary TRUCE!!!
    LMFAO!!! This Bendys era HAS to be the worst EVER in the history of Marvel cosmic...I mean I can't think of anything as bad...can anybody else? I mean this is Chuck Austen level stuff here....maybe years from now I'll appreciate it for how bad an era it was...but for now, WOW. I really hope NYCC brings news of new creative on this book. Somebody, ANYBODY has to retcon all of this stuff out of existence or just flat out ignore this Bendys era sort of like Hickman does over in his Avengers books.
    We need a return of the Thanosi clones to fix Bendis mistakes.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member kevlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    What Bendis did to the GOTG and Thanos was the epitome of bad, infuriating comics that s***s over previous runs and characterisation. To say nothing of Nova. Why Marvel editors and writers hate Nova?
    Shouldn't the editors pickup on sh1t like this?

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Shouldn't the editors pickup on sh1t like this?
    Quality control has went downhill since the Quesada era as mentioned above.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 08-16-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •