Default Current Comic Recomendations

Hey, I'm new to the CBR and was wondering if anyone could recommend me a couple of current comic runs.
    I tried Snyder's run on Batman bust just couldn't get into it.
    Thanks for the help!

Grayson has been great so far. Geoff Johns' Superman is off to a good start. Batman & Robin has had consistent quality since the reboot (and prior to, as well). Justice League starts a new arc next issue. Earth 2 starts a new arc plus its weekly series next week. The Green Lantern/New Gods crossover just started this week. Green Arrow just ended a highly regarded run and Wonder Woman's closes this month. I'm giving Batwoman another try starting next issue. Multiversity rules. That's off the top of my head.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 10-04-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC. View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the CBR and was wondering if anyone could recommend me a couple of current comic runs.
    I tried Snyder's run on Batman bust just couldn't get into it.
    Thanks for the help!
    Hello! Not sure what you're into so I'm pretty much just going to go through a lot of the titles I'm currently reading and like a lot and you can decide what sounds appealing to you

DC
    - Batwoman currently has a new creative team I haven't read yet (I'm behind in trade paperbacks), but the original team of Williams and Blackman was amazing
    - Wonder Woman's New 52 run is one of the most highly regarded titles DC has going on right now, with good reason. I'm also behind in this (trade-waiting these) and it gets a new creative team next issue, but I definitely recommend checking this one out. Even if you're not a WW fan, you might find yourself really enjoying it (I know I recommended it to my brother who has never been a WW fan and he loved it)
    - Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman has become one of my favorite titles as well so far, and I definitely recommend it if you like Wonder Woman. A modern reboot of the old newspaper comics with some great artists and writers on board every issue.
    - Grayson takes Dick Grayson into a new direction and it's really been pretty good so far. I was kind of iffy about the first two issues because I wasn't really very impressed but the third issue just came out and it really picked things up for me.
    - Teen Titans has surprised me because I wasn't really sure about the first issue, but things got a lot better to me in the second issue. If you're a TT fan, I recommend checking out the New 52's new reboot. Only the first 2 issues and the Futures End one-shot have been released so far, so you're not behind at all.

MARVEL
    - Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorite ongoing titles right now, without question. Even if you're not a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy, I think you'd still really enjoy Rocket. The art style is awesome and each issue is hilarious.
    - Storm is off to a great start so far, finally giving the Mistress of the Elements her long-deserved ongoing series.
    - Edge of Spiderverse is a new cross-over event Marvel is doing across a lot of their Spiderman titles right now and I've really enjoyed it so far. Edge of Spiderverse is only a few issues, but the story continues in a lot of other ongoings such as Superior Spiderman, which I also recommend. Each issue of Edge of Spiderverse introduces a new Spiderman in an alternate dimension.

- The Fade Out is an amazing new series by Sean Phillips and Ed Brubaker and I recommend it hardcore. Each issue is 40 pages of awesome storytelling and art, with a classic crime noir atmosphere and interesting characters. It takes place in a seedy 1940s Hollywood setting and kicks things off early with a bang and a murder mystery.
    - God Hates Astronauts is also amazing and I recommend it to EVERYONE! It is crazy, it is whacky, and and it absolutely hilarious. I have never, ever laughed so hard reading a comic book as I do with each and every issue of GHA. If you like weird comics or even just humor ones, GHA is for you.
    - Copperhead is still a brand new debut from Image and it is already off to a great start. If you're into sci-fi crime enforcement with some funny characters, great art, a female protagonist and a promising plot, I definitely recommend picking this one up.
    - Imperial is another great Image title I just started recently. It's a really fun twist on the classic superhero story, and I love the art style. It's also really funny.

VALIANT
    - The Delinquents is in the same realm of God Hates Astronauts, in that it's absolutely hilarious. This one was a total surprise for me because I bought it blindly but I am so glad I did. It's hysterical and the art is also great.

BOOM!
    - Cloaks is a 4-issue mini-series that just released its second issue. I'm really digging it. It's about a teenager who uses the magic tricks an old magician who took him in taught him before he died and he finds himself sucked into a secret government organization that wants to utilize his talents.
    - Fiction Squad, without a doubt, is probably my favorite book right now. It's a 6-issue mini-series that just released its first issue on Wednesday and it is off to an amazing start. The art is great and the story is hilarious and incredibly original. Grimms Fairy Tales universe meets classic detective noir. It's perfect.
    - Wild's End is another mini-series (8 issues) and the first issue is the only one out right now. I love it so far and I recommend it if you like talking animals, great art and a dystopian sci-fi setting.

Hope these help, and that at least one of these sounds appealing to you
    Last edited by quinnzel; 10-04-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender