Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Avengers by Kurt Busiek & George Pérez omnibus volume one

Thought I should mention this ...

AVENGERS BY KURT BUSIEK & GEORGE PEREZ OMNIBUS VOLUME ONE

51A-7yVdXLL.jpg

Written by KURT BUSIEK, MARK WAID, JOE EDKIN, JOHN OSTRANDER, ROGER STERN, JOHN FRANCIS MOORE & JERRY ORDWAY

Penciled by GEORGE PEREZ, SEAN CHEN, ANDY KUBERT, DEREC AUCOIN, CARLOS PACHECO, LEONARDO MANCO, JERRY ORDWAY & STUART IMMONEN

Cover by GEORGE PEREZ

Fan-favorite creators Kurt Busiek and George Pérez craft a new era for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! The Avengers have always defended humanity against the forces of evil. When duty calls, these legendary champions answer, fighting valiantly for justice. But as the Avengers re-form in the wake of a life-changing event, they must face an array of foes like no other: Morgan Le Fay, the Squadron Supreme, the Kree, the Legion of the Unliving, the Thunderbolts, the Wrecking Crew…not to mention facing Kang and Immortus in the Destiny War! But when the merciless Ultron attacks, wiping out an entire nation in his hatred for mankind, the Avengers must live up to their name — if they can!

Collecting: AVENGERS (1998) #1-23, #0 and #1 ROUGH CUT; IRON MAN (1998) #7; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1998) #8; QUICKSILVER #10; AVENGERS ANNUAL ’98-’99; and AVENGERS FOREVER #1-12.

1184 PGS./Rated T …$125
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9288-6
    Trim size: oversized

ON-SALE: March 4, 2015

FINAL ORDER CUT-OFF DATE: November 17, 2014

There's a nice little write-up about it over here.

-- Uncle Rog
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roger Stern; 05-27-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

Already ordered, along with the (classic) Avengers omnibus volume two.

This month's solicits were amazing! It kind of makes me wish there was a new Avengers movie every year, so we could have more offerings like this.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Also already ordered this. Does anyone know what issue in it is written by Ostrander, since he's featured as one of the writers
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Also already ordered this. Does anyone know what issue in it is written by Ostrander, since he's featured as one of the writers
    He was writing Quicksilver, wasn't he? I think the issue included as part of the crossover about Carol's breakdown would be him.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, Ostrander and Joe Edkin wrote the Quicksilver issue. That comic had many writers and Ostrander, who was writing "Heroes For Hire" for Marvel at the time, was pulled in to be one of them. Waid wrote the Captain America issue in that crossover.

John Francis Moore wrote the Avengers 1999 annual, which provides our only look at how Black Widow reacted to the destruction of the Avengers after Onslaught. (I recall someone - Busiek? - saying there were more plans for her, but then she got taken away by the Marvel Knights line.) Jerry Ordway wrote and drew the three-issue fill-in before the Ultron arc, and Stern co-plotted "Avengers Forever."

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Already ordered, along with the (classic) Avengers omnibus volume two.

This month's solicits were amazing! It kind of makes me wish there was a new Avengers movie every year, so we could have more offerings like this.
    I know man, Marvel are releasing so many collected books I want to get in the next few months.
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yes, Ostrander and Joe Edkin wrote the Quicksilver issue. That comic had many writers and Ostrander, who was writing "Heroes For Hire" for Marvel at the time, was pulled in to be one of them. Waid wrote the Captain America issue in that crossover.
    I'm pretty sure that the Ostrander/Edkin team was the only other writer on Quicksilver besides Tom Peyer. I loved that book when it was running-- particularly after Ostrander came on-- but I'm a sucker for the High Evolutionary and the New Men. I wonder if it will hold up for me now. (I know there's an Epic collection coming next year.)

Can't wait. I missed out on the OHCs except for Forever.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Can't wait. I missed out on the OHCs except for Forever.
    Me too. I'd gladly double-dip forever too, such great work.

Want this

BANNED

Thank you for the update. I'm definitely interested in this.

BANNED

I don't normally get omnibusessessess. This one I will make an exception.

I'll add this one next to my small but growing omnibus collection.

Has anyone gotten their copy yet?
    I am not on MySpace. I am not on Facebook. I am not LinkedIn. I do not "Tweet." But I do have an Author's Page.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stern View Post
    Has anyone gotten their copy yet?
    Got mine! Beautiful and sturdy, LOADED with extras. It's got to be ~100 pages of sketches, covers, scripts, interviews, editorials, and more! Cannot wait to have vol 2 on the shelf next to it.