Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Do you have a favorite ULTIMATE Run?

I'll admit it - I stopped reading Ultimate titles after the ending of Ultimates vol 2 (not including Bendis' Spider-Man which is just awesome). But have to ask - what are your favorite runs under the ULTIMATE line?

BANNED

Everything Mark Millar.

Had this same thread already, it's a great question though and everyone should discuss.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Had this same thread already, it's a great question though and everyone should discuss.
    Look at this moderator guy.

Quote Originally Posted by timedesk View Post
    For Mini Series:

Ultimate Extinction trilogy > Ultimate Doomsday > Ultimate Human > Hickman's Thor mini > everything else > Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Explain why Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine isn't your favorite UU mini-series right this second!

No mention of Supreme Power? I thought it was a decent mini. Not the best one of course but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    No mention of Supreme Power? I thought it was a decent mini. Not the best one of course but still good.
    I loved Supreme Power. But it wasn't an Ultimate title, even though it sure felt like one.

Oops! Meant Ultimate Power. My bad

Everything that came after Supreme Power was rather bad, in my opinion. I really didn't understand Ultimate Power, the Squadron was acting so weird, didn't help much that the mini was written by 3 different writers. I found it horrible.

Ultimate Spider man

All-New Member

My Ultimate Ultimate canon (what I have on my book shelf) is the first 3 hardcovers of Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and X-Men; as well as the first two hardcover volumes of the Ultimates, and the hardcover Galactus Trilogy. Everything after that, while sometimes very good, never quite lived up to the early stuff for me.

Having said that, my favorite series is Ultimate Spider-Man. Great storytelling, characters, art, action, humor, and heart. It's the definitive version of the character for me.

Ultimate Fantastic Four, it was awesome, had a lot of interesting characters, and had a lot of sci-fi weirdness to it. It helped to introduce a lot of Ultimate Characters that I enjoy. I think my favorite issues/arcs was when they crossed over with the Marvel Zombie universe, and especially when Doom was kicking ass fighting off the Zombie Four.

However, this doesn't mean I don't like all the other series though, I just think Ultimate Fantastic Four was at the top of the list in my opinion.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-18-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    My Ultimate UltimateEverything after that, while sometimes very good, never quite lived up to the early stuff for me.
    Hickman's Ultimates is arguably just as good as Millar's run.

I also quite like the first 3 years of Ultimate FF and am disappointed to see it not get mentioned as much.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Hickman's Ultimates is arguably just as good as Millar's run.
    I agree except for one part. The ending. I know it was co-written by Humphries but that was the end that was tacked onto Hickman's story. It really is a shame imo.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Ultimate Spider-man before Ultimatum was the best for me followed closely by Miles Morales' Ultimate Spiderman then probably post Ultimatum Ultimate Spider-man. I didn't really read post Ultimatum Ultimates but I have the first 3 volumes of the ones after DoSM. the Reed Richards storyline was great the DWF UWS one was eh. the Ultimate X-men's pre Ultimatum was also good and so was Ultimates. Miniseries wise I've only read the Iron Man ones (I don't think that counts) Spider-men and Sinister Six (if you can count that). Spider-men being the best out of them then Sinister Six. Overall it would be: Pre-Ultimatum Ultimate Spider-man. Miles Morales' Ultimate Spider-man. Spider-men. Post-Ultimatum Ultimate Spider-man. Post-DoSM Ultimates (first arc). Sinister Six Pre-Ultimatum X-men. Pre-Ultimatum Ultimates and then Iron Man