Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Final Issue of "Fantastic Four" Listed for 2015

A "Fantastic Four" collection titled "The End is Fourever" has been listed for release in June 2015 by bookstore distributor Hachette.

Full article here.

BANNED

I thought those rumors would prove true.

THE END

Whoa, never heard that one before!

Kill Wolverine
    Chain Nick Fury to the Moon
    Age Captain America to retirement
    Take Thor's hammer away
    Disband the Fantastic Four

Marvel gettin' ballsy
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Fantastic Member

This seemingly confirms earlier rumors and reports that Marvel was planning to cease publication of the "Fantastic Four" series, at least temporarily, due to dissatisfaction with 20th Century Fox, who control the live-action rights to the characters.
    Oh god, don't do this, CBR. Don't echo the rumor mongering crap from Rich Johnson and Bleeding Cool.

It absolutely in no way confirms anything related to 20th Century Fox. Marvel keeps relaunching FF to poor sales and mixed reviews from fans and critics. If they're canceling it, it will likely relaunch yet again (which Brevoort himself is heavily hinting at on his Formspring).

Of course,, I'm tired of the insane amount of new #1's that Marvel keeps doing as it's fairly pointless and shows a lack of respect for legacy titles, but that's another story. As fa as this goes, there is literally no proof that this has anything to do with Fox.

This is so completely stupid. I am right sick of these films and the havoc they're causing.

Seriously, they've gone from a fun aside to our comics to constant source of grief now.

I honestly wish Marvel had never cast it's hat in the film making ring. Nothing good has come of any of this. I could go a lifetime without ever having seen 'The Avengers' on screen, and been completely satisfied.

Watching books get cancelled and characters shelved/introduced based on what's on the screen and who's getting a cut of ticket sales... is infuriating.

I hate this BS. :/
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

This is Marvel. By "Final Issue" they mean "Relaunch with a New #1 Two Months Later."

Marvel may hate that they don't own the Fantastic Four rights, but they also love the money from sales boosts. Even if the movie's nothing like the comic, they'll still relaunch it in the hopes that some random kid sees it, finds a shiny new "#1" on a Fantastic Four book and buys it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

This doesn't mean the series won't be relaunched later. However in the debate of will Marvel Comics end F4 and X-Men because of Marvel Studios lacking the rights it adds some fuel to the fire. Remember this is keeping the series in the news; a series that isn't usually isn't news heavy. There is a F4 movie coming out in August 2015; so this could be set up for a relaunch OR a middle finger to Fox. Out of Spider-Man, X-Men, and F4; the F4 is the most extendable and easier to blend into the rest of the Marvel Universe. Invisible Woman could definitely use a push as one of Marvels main females.

Lets also not forget Avengers will be ending with Hickman's run... to be revamp/rebooted just in time for the movie.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sad day, but not many writers besides Hickman can really make these characters work.

I'm sure it's not permanent. They're intrinsic to the core of the Marvel U.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just to line up with Time Runs Out, since Hickman is obviously using two of the Fantastic Four in big roles. A big relaunch after or during Time Runs Out wouldn't be shocking.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    This is so completely stupid. I am right sick of these films and the havoc they're causing.

Seriously, they've gone from a fun aside to our comics to constant source of grief now.

I honestly wish Marvel had never cast it's hat in the film making ring. Nothing good has come of any of this. I could go a lifetime without ever having seen 'The Avengers' on screen, and been completely satisfied.

Watching books get cancelled and characters shelved/introduced based on what's on the screen and who's getting a cut of ticket sales... is infuriating.

I hate this BS. :/
    Marvel being stupid honestly,Sony and Fox aren't the ones going to suffer, they are. comic book sales are already down in the gutters canning more books isn't going to help them,

they thought no toys would mean the end of Xmen DOFP it made 750 mill in total.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Oh god, don't do this, CBR. Don't echo the rumor mongering crap from Rich Johnson and Bleeding Cool.

It absolutely in no way confirms anything related to 20th Century Fox. Marvel keeps relaunching FF to poor sales and mixed reviews from fans and critics. If they're canceling it, it will likely relaunch yet again (which Brevoort himself is heavily hinting at on his Formspring).

Of course,, I'm tired of the insane amount of new #1's that Marvel keeps doing as it's fairly pointless and shows a lack of respect for legacy titles, but that's another story. As fa as this goes, there is literally no proof that this has anything to do with Fox.
    I agree completely. I'm entirely convinced it's sales related.

And that's a bit weird to me just due to the FF's place in Marvel (and comics) history. It's the book that essentially launched the Silver Age, and it never seemed to be a big seller (at least over the last 15-20 years). There will be a well-received run every now and then, but the FF simply doesn't have the effect on the line (both from a sales and storytelling standpoint) that it probably should, and that's coming from a guy who doesn't really get into the FF.

So yeah, I don't buy the movie studio skullduggery angle at all on this one, especially because the new FF movie looks to be terrible. And that statement has nothing to do with the fact that Johnny Storm is black: it just sounds bad to me.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Amazing Member

Of course the series could be ending given that creative teams rarely last pass a year nowadays, especially when the book is lackluster like Robinson's current F4. To suggest, however, that this is part of some larger Marvel ploy to spite 20th Century Fox is ludicrous. It is coincidental at best.

BANNED

At this point it's almost like shooting a corpse. My guess is that relaunches with 1/10th the quality of the old series at 3 times the price. Marvel's mercenary heart beats more loudly then respect for the characters.

BANNED

Doesn't disprove it either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post