Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    All the films add to the comics is this misguided desire from the editorial to mirror what's on the screen...which, admittedly, is dying down a bit now. New directions like Thor and Captain America are refreshing.
    I wish it would get snuffed out altogether. The books gain NOTHING from being warped to mirror the movies. If Marvel wants to grab movies audiences, they should release more self-contained graphic novels that mirror the movies and release them on a broader scale, but comics should stay their own separate thing.

BANNED

the only two people i can think of who could manage this new fantastic four vision for the next launch are waid or morrison
    i would add mike carey to the list but his vibe doesn't quite fit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scusemeprincess View Post
    the only two people i can think of who could manage this new fantastic four vision for the next launch are waid or morrison
    I just feel like Morrison would get too weird.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    well, when they relaunch it would be interesting if they brought in Remender as like Hickman he thinks outside the box and is strong with sci-fi part
    Yes, he is great with the scifi and thinks outside the box...I just wish he could manage to do that without totally ruining virtually every character he touches...since he can't, I hope he stays FAR away from the FF...though it wouldn't surprise me if he incorporated at least one of them into his "Astonishing Avengers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You think instead of a relaunched Fantastic Four we might see a title called "Fantastic Avengers"?
    I think it's more likely the characters would be spread out among different Avengers titles...assuming there isn't an immediate FF relaunch.

Astonishing Member

Waid could be a great choice...he's done wonders with the book before. I have the same problem with Morrison that I would have with Remender...great with story ideas and HORRIBLE at characterization. FF is unique because of the family element and Morrison could never pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    It absolutely in no way confirms anything related to 20th Century Fox. Marvel keeps relaunching FF to poor sales and mixed reviews from fans and critics. If they're canceling it, it will likely relaunch yet again (which Brevoort himself is heavily hinting at on his Formspring).
    Plus, the FF movie itself will be out in 2015. It is not at all atypical to relaunch a book with a new #1 around the time a film comes out. Amazing Spider-Man had a new #1 just in time for the Amazing Spider-Man 2 to hit theaters.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just feel like Morrison would get too weird.
    there is no "too far out" in superhero comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Waid could be a great choice...he's done wonders with the book before. I have the same problem with Morrison that I would have with Remender...great with story ideas and HORRIBLE at characterization. FF is unique because of the family element and Morrison could never pull that off.
    you must have never read ff1234, all star supes, the damian stuff in batman, joe the barbarian
    guy is kindof fantastic at "the family element"

Fantastic Member

Feel a little bad for James Robinson as he was very enthusiastic about the series when I met him at a convention last year. The series has been okay so far under him but breaking up the team only to re-form it is getting a little old. Doesn't feel like the series is being canceled due to sales as it's not that much worse/better than many other Marvel comics. It could coincide with Hickman's Time Runs Out and I hope that's the case because cancelling it due to the upcoming movie would be sad because the series isn't bringing free publicity to the movie at all: comic fans will go to see the movie (or not hopefully) regardless of the comic and non-comic fans aren't very aware of the comic anyway. But, I'm hoping it is re-launched soon because the Marvel Universe won't feel right without FF title. Also, Brevoort indicated that Marvel would continue to publish a FF comic and wouldn't want to make a liar out of him. So, might just need to sit tight to see if the series is re-launched at some point in 2015...

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Watching books get cancelled and characters shelved/introduced based on what's on the screen and who's getting a cut of ticket sales... is infuriating.

I hate this BS. :/
    Amen to that! Movies are nice, but I really don't think they should influence comics. It's supposed to be the other way around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Feel a little bad for James Robinson as he was very enthusiastic about the series when I met him at a convention last year. The series has been okay so far under him but breaking up the team only to re-form it is getting a little old. Doesn't feel like the series is being canceled due to sales as it's not that much worse/better than many other Marvel comics. It could coincide with Hickman's Time Runs Out and I hope that's the case because cancelling it due to the upcoming movie would be sad because the series isn't bringing free publicity to the movie at all: comic fans will go to see the movie (or not hopefully) regardless of the comic and non-comic fans aren't very aware of the comic anyway. But, I'm hoping it is re-launched soon because the Marvel Universe won't feel right without FF title. Also, Brevoort indicated that Marvel would continue to publish a FF comic and wouldn't want to make a liar out of him. So, might just need to sit tight to see if the series is re-launched at some point in 2015...
    i do hope robinson gets what he wants out of his run. he could shine again at some point, even if he isn't doing it here. i don't think he's found the right project yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Yes, he is great with the scifi and thinks outside the box...I just wish he could manage to do that without totally ruining virtually every character he touches...since he can't, I hope he stays FAR away from the FF...though it wouldn't surprise me if he incorporated at least one of them into his "Astonishing Avengers."
    LOL All I can think of is Johnny getting shot or someone losing a head.
    there is no "too far out" in superhero comics
    You guys didn't seem to like FrankenCastle too much.

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    well, when they relaunch it would be interesting if they brought in Remender as like Hickman he thinks outside the box and is strong with sci-fi part
    And the book would be completely miserable, with the team constantly mad at each other, probably splitting up, only to come back together over the course of the final act. So it would basically be Robinson's run, but even darker and more miserable.

Marvel's best bet, with a relaunch, might actually be to go for more of a classic feel. Use Byrne's '80s run as something of an inspiration.

My top pick would be Jen Van Meter. Her 100th Anniversary Fantastic Four comic was good, and included a lot of what makes the FF appealing. The family, the crazy science adventures, some humour, some drama. I think she could do a really good job as writer for the fantastic Four.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    You guys didn't seem to like FrankenCastle too much.
    i don't know who "you guys" are, because that run was fantastic.