Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default If Fox isn't going to use Cyclops, can Marvel have him back?

I'm not sure how this would work, maybe he'd be another one of those terrifying miracles like Pietro and Wanda. Maybe it would be the adventures of Cyclops and the Inhumans. Seriously though that would be pretty great. Just think Wolverine stuck over at Fox while Cyke gets to bust out of his shadow.
    I'm not sure what Cyclops would work best, there is the classic Cyke who is sort of a more modern Captain America, or the anti hero that has marketable appeal today. I realize separating Cyclops from the X-men is pretty much nonsense, but seriously wtf is Fox's problem? I didn't think much of Mardsen while he played Cyke, but since then on things like 30 rock he's proven to have good range. This current movie is all about time travel, they couldn't have a one line 3 second explanation as to why hes back? Or he just didn't die in the **** movie they should ignore anyway.

And another thing, If you are going to have an X-men movie about sentinels you need to have Cyclops! That is when he gets to cut loose. Seeing as how he can take on 30 in the time it would take Wolverine to kill one, I think it'd be pretty cool.

I have no clue what you would do with Cyclops if you take him away from the X-men. Make him an Avenger? Let him hang out with Spider-man?

All-New Member

Well clearly not Spiderman he's Sony. Have him lead the I men maybe?

With Marvel's track record of hunky casted heroes, I bet they would cast someone very sexy to play Cyclops. I approve of it!
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 05-07-2014 at 08:09 PM.

BANNED

What the hell is that boy going to do without the X-men?
    Fox isn't doing much of anything but continuing to butcher the franchise.
    Give all the rights back and call it a day.

I just wish that this divide didn't have to happen. Imagine all of the incredible things that could happen in the movies if ALL of the characters could interract!

BANNED

I don't see why not. He's perfect for the Avengers in every single way.

BANNED

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can be in the MCU without mentioning mutants because of a quirk of the rights for those characters since they belong to both franchises. I'm pretty sure the same does NOT apply to Cyclops, whose film rights are entirely tied to the X-Men franchise. Whether they call him a "miracle" or not, Marvel can't use him in their films. Period.

Too bad the two studios didn't take to heart what Jackman said about collaborating. That could have been awesome. And MASSIVELY lucrative for both studios if they hadn't let their individual greed get in the way.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm not sure the Inhumans need Cyclops.

BANNED

Can we send every character Fox doesn't plan on using anymore? Like Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Rogue I could go on for days.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Maybe Fox will make a Cyclops movie, like their Wolverine movies? I'm sure they will if they think it would make them money

BANNED

Yeah, they'll announce that after they recast Cyclops and Jean with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.

THIS IDEA IS GENIUS!!! Not only should Marvel Disney do this but use it as a strategy to get their properties back. The difference between Fox, Sony, and Disney/Marvel is that they own ALL the comic book rights to Xmen, FF, and Spiderman. They don't replace mutants with inhumans, but they just use the inhumans as a fill in until they eventually get back their properties.
    Cyclops for instance as an "Inhuman," could be used to replace Black Bolt, who DOES NOT SPEAK! In a movie a character who doesnt speak, doesnt work, if fn Superman or Batman didnt say a word their fanbase would be significantly lower, so how is Black Bolt any different.
    Instead of Cyclops they can(in any of their universe 616, 253, etc) make a character in a comic an inhuman or gifted or unexplained origins, call him Syclops in one print book then they can turn around and put him in a movie. This would really work with most of the Xbook characters, I read that Marvel wants to make the Inhumans a sleeper cell alien race on Earth who once activated will manifest powers. That will force Fox's hand at stepping up, but probably selling X/FF back or at the least license it back to Marvel for 10-20 years with a renewal clause. Fox , not so much Sony, at some point will have to realize that they are putting out an inferior product to what both WB and Disney can do and sell before the Comic Book Movie phase has slowed and wont be worth nearly as much today. Not to mention what Disney would pay to be able to make a cohesive universe. The reason they made GotG movie is because, as far as "Heavy Hitters" goes, they are running out, that book has never even had a run worthy to mention in the same sentence as the books that have gone 400-700 issues in a single run, even with them wanting to renumber every year, doesnt change the fact that FF, UXM, Avengers, etc will always have an ongoing. GotG hasnt even been consistant in Marvel Now(shipping schedule) and Bendis makes it, good or not he can pump out material fast. Their reaching now, whats going to happen that day in 10-15 years when they reboot the MCU? Even thinking that when that happens, they will do it w/o Spiderman/ff/Xmen is nutts. We will get it, but its going to take time an manuvering, what happens when they actors playing Thor, Cap, BW, Hulk, get too old or tired? By that time each one will have multiple movies with the same character, people will associate the actor with the character until its rebooted.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Maybe Fox will make a Cyclops movie, like their Wolverine movies? I'm sure they will if they think it would make them money
    Cyclops Origins with him in space with Daddy and later joining the GoTG would be hilariously awesome.

FOX can't be that stupid to give him back to Marvel. Actually Singer did confirm his future plan for recasting the iconic original x-characters, including Cyclops.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=99626
    Last edited by airdreams; 05-08-2014 at 12:10 AM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.