Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

They better recast Cyclops with an A-Lister or he'll be just as shit the second time round.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    They better recast Cyclops with an A-Lister or he'll be just as shit the second time round.

I don't know if the role has enough draw from their perspective

I think a better question would be: Since Fox isn't using Rogue, can Marvel have her back?

I hope that they understand that with Jackman gone they will need another male A-lister, and Wolverine cannot be it because of Jackman being too iconic to the role, so Cyclops is basically the only choice there

Fantastic Member

I don't know what good it would do for Marvel to get the rights to Cyclops, even if that could happen. What would they do with him? He's pretty much inextricably bound to the X-Men franchise. He'd be just as wasted in the MCU, as he's been in the Fox X-Men films, and I'd prefer not to see that happen.

Incredible Member

I wish Excalibur and its characters were shared franchise between Marvel and Fox . Fox is never going to make an Excalibur movie but Marvel might

Quote Originally Posted by Kj7 View Post
    THIS IDEA IS GENIUS!!! Not only should Marvel Disney do this but use it as a strategy to get their properties back. The difference between Fox, Sony, and Disney/Marvel is that they own ALL the comic book rights to Xmen, FF, and Spiderman. They don't replace mutants with inhumans, but they just use the inhumans as a fill in until they eventually get back their properties.
    Cyclops for instance as an "Inhuman," could be used to replace Black Bolt, who DOES NOT SPEAK! In a movie a character who doesnt speak, doesnt work, if fn Superman or Batman didnt say a word their fanbase would be significantly lower, so how is Black Bolt any different.
    Instead of Cyclops they can(in any of their universe 616, 253, etc) make a character in a comic an inhuman or gifted or unexplained origins, call him Syclops in one print book then they can turn around and put him in a movie. This would really work with most of the Xbook characters, I read that Marvel wants to make the Inhumans a sleeper cell alien race on Earth who once activated will manifest powers. That will force Fox's hand at stepping up, but probably selling X/FF back or at the least license it back to Marvel for 10-20 years with a renewal clause. Fox , not so much Sony, at some point will have to realize that they are putting out an inferior product to what both WB and Disney can do and sell before the Comic Book Movie phase has slowed and wont be worth nearly as much today. Not to mention what Disney would pay to be able to make a cohesive universe. The reason they made GotG movie is because, as far as "Heavy Hitters" goes, they are running out, that book has never even had a run worthy to mention in the same sentence as the books that have gone 400-700 issues in a single run, even with them wanting to renumber every year, doesnt change the fact that FF, UXM, Avengers, etc will always have an ongoing. GotG hasnt even been consistant in Marvel Now(shipping schedule) and Bendis makes it, good or not he can pump out material fast. Their reaching now, whats going to happen that day in 10-15 years when they reboot the MCU? Even thinking that when that happens, they will do it w/o Spiderman/ff/Xmen is nutts. We will get it, but its going to take time an manuvering, what happens when they actors playing Thor, Cap, BW, Hulk, get too old or tired? By that time each one will have multiple movies with the same character, people will associate the actor with the character until its rebooted.
    This would be wrong on SO many levels...Hugh.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I wish this completely impractical thing will happen because I say so

Well Hugh was hardly an A-lister when he was cast, it was the X-films that made him a star.

Personally, I think Hollywood should stay away from casting big name celebrities, Paul Giamatti and Jamie Fox were absolutely terrible in ASM 2, as was Halle Berry in Catwoman, Shwarzenegger in Batman and Robin, etc. etc. Better to get someone who's star is only on the rise (Jennifer Lawrence, Heath Ledger), an unknown (Jackman), or if you have to go the fame route, someone who uncannily resembles the character already (Robert Downey Jr., Patrick Stewart, Jack Nicholson).

Whoever they cast I hope they remember that Scott is meant to be really skinny, like anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    What the hell is that boy going to do without the X-men?
    Fox isn't doing much of anything but continuing to butcher the franchise.
    Give all the rights back and call it a day.
    I agree with this.

If Marvel are serious about this there might be a way to get it past the lawyers. Keep Cyclops in space and remove him from the x books and there might be a plausible argument that he is part of the marvel owned GoG franchise and not an x man. They might also want to kill adult cyclops (temporarily, obviously) just to make it look like he really has nothing to do with the x men. By minimising Scott's roll in the comics it is theoretically possible that us Cyclops fans might finally see him done justice where he belongs, on the big screen.

I would like to stress, I am not a lawyer.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kj7 View Post
    THIS IDEA IS GENIUS!!! Not only should Marvel Disney do this but use it as a strategy to get their properties back. The difference between Fox, Sony, and Disney/Marvel is that they own ALL the comic book rights to Xmen, FF, and Spiderman. They don't replace mutants with inhumans, but they just use the inhumans as a fill in until they eventually get back their properties.
    Cyclops for instance as an "Inhuman," could be used to replace Black Bolt, who DOES NOT SPEAK! In a movie a character who doesnt speak, doesnt work, if fn Superman or Batman didnt say a word their fanbase would be significantly lower, so how is Black Bolt any different.
    Eh, who needs Black Bolt anyways? We have Medusa!

Oh, you're living in some fantasy world if you think that Fox will give any rights back to Marvel! Only reason they share any characters with Marvel (Pietro & Wanda) is because they are an exception that belong to both X-Men and Avengers franchises equally. If Fox could stop Marvel from using them then they would. And what would Marvel do with rights to one or two separate X-Men characters?

Fox will hold on to their rights as long as they can use them as a source material for movies that bring in at least some money. Now if FF and X-Men movies bombed one after the other then Fox would swallow their pride and give up those properties maybe but that's not gonna happen. We're still at the height of superhero/comic book movie craze and that alone will guarantee certain level of success.

But Marvel knows that this won't last forever so they try to expand their offerings by making Cap films into political thrillers with supersoldiers and action and Sci-Fi adventure movies with GotG. Fox on the other hand is trying to utilize this craze to make their films sell. But their attempts will never reach the same level as Marvel's own simply because they don't have the same affinity to this great source material that Marvel has. It's frustrating when you have so many great stories to pull from but Fox keeps butchering them one by one.