Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

By now everyone should have been able to watch it as it came out if they wanted and if your in this thread having not yet seen it then you have no one to blame but yourself if you get spoiled. You know we are going to be discussing the finale. Thus I'm not using spoiler tags.

I think I really like the idea of the finale, I just don't like how it came out. I've seen speculation here and elsewhere the Covid kept actors from being available so perhaps the show deserves some slack as they may not have been able to do what they wanted. That said my issues were . . . . Not actually showing its Eileen as Sam's wife though even if the actress wasn't available they could have still heavily implied it by having his son "sign" something to Sam at the end or showing Sam teaching him sign language as a child. I also didn't like that Dean's funeral was just Sam. Jodi and the entire Wayward sisters group should have been there, Garth, alt Bobby, alt Charlie, etc. And if Jack really fixed things then no way does Cas not show up. Rowena too for that matter. Horrible aging makeup for old Sam - seriously we are supposed to believe he has the same hair. Then Dean in heaven - he's going to go for a drive, though it was cool for the song choice, and not go see Mom and Dad at some point . . . .seriously? No cameos from Cas or Jack.

Some cool actor appearance facts I just pulled off of IMDB while trying to look up a characters name because I was having a brain fart . . .

Mischa Collins appeared in less than half the series episodes (148 out of 327). Obviously since he didn't appear til season 4 he wasn't going to be in all but I would have guessed more than half nonetheless.

Crowley appeared in as many episodes as Bobby (either version). 72 total.

Jody only appeared in 19 episodes total which is less than Kevin or Chuck, twenty episodes. Makes sense I guess since she was typically only in 2 episodes a season at most but it still feels like she was in more and especially as if she was in more than Kevin.

Garth only appears in 7 episodes the entire series which feels really low. Thats only one more than Bela (Lauren Cohan). I'd have guessed Garth was in 30 or so at least given he felt like an important character for the time he was around.

Part of me wants to do a rewatch. Another part of me is both excited and groans at the thought of 327 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    By now everyone should have been able to watch it as it came out if they wanted and if your in this thread having not yet seen it then you have no one to blame but yourself if you get spoiled. You know we are going to be discussing the finale. Thus I'm not using spoiler tags.
    ...do you not know how? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One other thing...

spoilers:
    That Jensen Ackles wasn't exactly "Good..." with the final episode in the beginning?

Easy to see why now.
    end of spoilers

As in, he hated it, but he was being diplomatic about it like spoilers:
    Jake Abel was about the death of Michael
    end of spoilers?

If so...This show has screwed over a lot of actors over the years, so I'm not entirely surprised they squeezed out one last "F__ You". The only surprise, really, was getting Mark Sheppard to pop up for the introspective (yeah I caught the last 15 minutes).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

As someone who was a regular viewer from Season 2, I was satisfied with finale and will miss the show in the future. Thank you for the entertainment!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Yes, I'm one of those who hasn't watched the show but was waiting till it ended and...if they stuck the landing on the finale, I'd binge the series. It seems like they did in this case. I've followed the goings on the past few years. Wow, 15 years with the same two leads, what an accomplishment. And a dedicated fan base as well. I did read they planned on bringing Jeffrey Dean Morgan and a couple others back this season but covid affected things. I wonder what they had to change structurally story wise with the last few episodes. I'm sure they had safety precautions in place before filming resumed. Maybe they did film some scenes that were cut for time and those will show up on the blu-ray fingers crossed. I'm sure they tried their best. All in all though, the show was about Sam and Dean and appropriately, it ends with Sam and Dean. Glad we got a great sendoff.

BANNED

Great send off for a great show, I will miss it.

One of the better endings, overall, I've seen. And it seems I "kind of" made a correct prediction, with the passing on the torch.
    spoilers:
    Sam's son having the tattoo is about as close to confirmation of that there is. And considering that the hunting life never truly goes away, he was involved at some point.
    Dean's ending is... Less satisfying. While he's shown to be resistant to settling down, he's never been resistant to expanding his family. He survives Lucifer, Michael, AND Chuck just to be done in by an overgrown vamp? Yeah, a hamfisted ending for him.

Glad to see they took Miracle in. Dogs make everything better.
    end of spoilers

As for no parents of the Winchesters in the finale, I remember seeing it somewhere that the actors weren't available for it, having other things come up prior.

But honestly, with how things go in the Supernatural-verse, I could easily see a reboot/picking up where they left off (sort of) with the brothers being brought back to life by Jack for some reason. And honestly, Jack basically ended up how I thought he ultimately would (not necessarily the road to it, though).

Really, kind of going to miss this going forward, despite being relatively new to the fandom. Shows that delve into the weird and paranormal have always been some of my favorites. And since Supernatural went into just about every kind of paranormal short of aliens from outer space, I really enjoyed it. With my favorite episodes being where they would simply go to various locations to put ghosts to rest and what not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    One of the better endings, overall, I've seen. And it seems I "kind of" made a correct prediction, with the passing on the torch.
    spoilers:
    Sam's son having the tattoo is about as close to confirmation of that there is. And considering that the hunting life never truly goes away, he was involved at some point.
    Dean's ending is... Less satisfying. While he's shown to be resistant to settling down, he's never been resistant to expanding his family. He survives Lucifer, Michael, AND Chuck just to be done in by an overgrown vamp? Yeah, a hamfisted ending for him.

end of spoilers

As for no parents of the Winchesters in the finale, I remember seeing it somewhere that the actors weren't available for it, having other things come up prior.

But honestly, with how things go in the Supernatural-verse, I could easily see a reboot/picking up where they left off (sort of) with the brothers being brought back to life by Jack for some reason. And honestly, Jack basically ended up how I thought he ultimately would (not necessarily the road to it, though).

Really, kind of going to miss this going forward, despite being relatively new to the fandom. Shows that delve into the weird and paranormal have always been some of my favorites. And since Supernatural went into just about every kind of paranormal short of aliens from outer space, I really enjoyed it. With my favorite episodes being where they would simply go to various locations to put ghosts to rest and what not.
    Well, if they reboot with different actors playing the brothers it's going to suck, you do know that right?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, if they reboot with different actors playing the brothers it's going to suck, you do know that right?
    Oh, I meant with Jensen and Jared back, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Oh, I meant with Jensen and Jared back, of course.
    I don't think that there would even be anyone dumb enough to attempt that.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

On what's in spoilers...

spoilers:
    As soon as I saw that exposed bit of rebar, I thought "Oh, no..."

On the one hand, it kind of felt like it was right to have the two of them potentially dying the way any other hunter could.

On the other hand?

It did kind of feel like it put a little too much of a damper on wrapping up their story.
    end of spoilers

As for what I'll miss?

This show was really, really good at the "B" stuff. I think that Gordon Walker might have appeared in six episodes, tops.

That said, it was a fully fleshed out arc in a way that a lot of shows just never manage.

It's going to be a true bummer seeing that aspect of this show go.

Incredible Member

meh ending. too cheapskate to get more guest stars. dean who have fought gods , demons and all sort of monsters , spoilers:
    die at some random vampire nest is a joke. maybe sam's wife is katie cassady ruby and the son is a demon child. there is no emotional weight to sam growing old because the whole segment goes by so quickly,
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by marshal88; 11-20-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    meh ending. too cheapskate to get more guest stars. dean who have fought gods , demons and all sort of monsters , spoilers:
    die at some random vampire nest is a joke. maybe sam's wife is katie cassady ruby and the son is a demon child. there is no emotional weight to sam growing old because the whole segment goes by so quickly,
    end of spoilers
    He’s human. It happens.