Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Incredible Member

I hate that Chuck went from being willing to sacrifice himself to stop Amara to being a dick who is ready to destroy it all because he's bored but, I really enjoyed the last episode and can't wait for the last season. I like how all of the monsters the guys put down are being released and they'll have to find a way to fight against God himself to put it all right. It will definitely be an interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I hate that Chuck went from being willing to sacrifice himself to stop Amara to being a dick who is ready to destroy it all because he's bored but, I really enjoyed the last episode and can't wait for the last season. I like how all of the monsters the guys put down are being released and they'll have to find a way to fight against God himself to put it all right. It will definitely be an interesting season.
    I'd say that the assumption that what's in blue was on the level is unlikely based on what we now know.

Incredible Member

It seems unlikely now but was clearly shown in previous seasons. They’ve now changed the character to fit a new storyline. It’s not bad but I liked how they had previously ended his arc.

Kinda fitting that the last season is shaping up to be the Winchesters vs God. Ever since they introduced angels and Satan they've struggled to one up the prior big bad. So its fitting that they'll finish with the biggest big bad of them all.

And while I didn't make the connection on watching I'm in total agreement with those of you seeing the Preacher vibes in the storyline.

So THIS is what it takes to bring back Adam? Being the final season? So if it ended on season 25, we wouldn't have seen him again till season season 25? :/

Source 1, source 2.

Noticed that there was what seemed like another nod to Preacher in the final season premier.

rainfo

Default rainfo

will supernatural season 15 be shown on uk television i have watched 1to 14 would hate to miss the very last one

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Noticed that there was what seemed like another nod to Preacher in the final season premier.
    Jack's eyes and sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Jack's eyes and sunglasses?
    Yep.

It looked like someone thought "Well, as long as AMC isn't going to be using that..."

Astonishing Member

Is Jack's soul somewhere? Retrievable? There was mention of Michael in the cage. How about their other brother? Did I miss that?

Is Chuck really the universe creator - there's certainly other things around before and in conflict with him. Could he just be a local putz and the real Omnipotent deal is out there?

So let's talk Jared Padalecki a second.

Apparently he opened a bar called Stereotype and...got into it with his own employees. Yikes. A source is saying it won't impact the final season though.

Also, since reboots and revivals and remakes are popular nowadays, Jared's next job when Supernatural finishes? Walker, Texas Ranger. On the CW of course.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Also, since reboots and revivals and remakes are popular nowadays, Jared's next job when Supernatural finishes? Walker, Texas Ranger. On the CW of course.
    If he sings the opening theme, hopefully he does a better job than Chuck Norris did with the original.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So we just not gonna talk about Supernatural, huh?

Mid-season finale:
    -Rowenna's back! Still dead, but now the mistress of hell.
    -We get resolution with Adam/Michael. I remember positing a while back (I think before the first board reboot) that anyone saying Adam/Michael is a drooling mess might be lying, cause why would Michael turn on Adam? He did nothing wrong. And...I was right. They seem to be good friends, almost like brothers. Typically I don't like the technique of an actor talking to a double of himself (see Cas talking to the Empty) but...it was actually pretty effective here. And I like that Michael and Adam work together, "sharing" Adam's body, letting one out when necessary.
    -That opening with Chuck...that's both horrifying and sad. The same guy who gave this speech is capable of such...unnecessary and petty death. Threatening to smite that waitress if the rum ratio in his drink wasn't right? Damn.
    -The cliffhanger ending: Sam and Eileen apparently walked into a trap set by Chuck. Meanwhile, Dean and Castiel return to purgatory to get something called a Leviathan Blossom (both the door and the info courtesy of Michael). And Dean apologized to Adam for leaving him in hell.

Thoughts:

Its funny how the powerful beings who can help throughout the series...simply don't want to. True the boys haven't asked Amara for help, but Chuck did, and Amara was like "LOLS good luck with that."

I'm curious what the gameplan is to resolve all of this. They stated flat out in the show this episode in fact, that even if they figure out how to kill Chuck they can't since he's the linchpin to all reality. Kill him reality goes. Locking him up (which is the current plan) will only work for so long (see Amara). And when are we going to see Real Jack, NuDeath, and The Empty, or that conversation ("Yeah about that...we should talk.") I think he's back in the first ep after the break though.

I have wondered if Michael might not be involved in whatever the "Heaven" status quo could be when the show wraps up. He is obviously an angel who has had years and years to become familiar with the perspective of humanity. He would be about as close as I could recall(how many angels are even left?) to a workable replacement for God/Chuck as exists in the current lay of the land.