Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    About Chuck, he's been confirmed as actually being God in this show so what does that portend for the season? Was this just a one-off appearance or does it have season long implications? In case you don't recall he was strongly hinted at as being God in the season 5 finale (his last appearance) and Kripke has since confirmed in interviews that he is in fact God.

It actually sort of makes me worried this could be the last season. Season 5 was actually meant to be the series finale and that was the last time we saw Chuck. His return could have a similar synergy. The ratings are good enough for Supernatural to go on but 10 seasons is a long time for a show like this so maybe they are actually writing it to an end, especially if perhaps Jensen or Jared are pushing it to end since the show can only last as long as they keep doing it.
    I just marathoned all 9 previous seasons and they never once confimed he was God.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I just marathoned all 9 previous seasons and they never once confimed he was God.
    Not IN show, perhaps, no, but outside show, I believe so, yes.

So, who knows? Very much up to interpretation. If Castiel and Metatron could both try their hand at it in Seasons 6, 7 and 9, then maybe it's time for the genuine article to step in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Which is why I said he was hinted at being God in the show and that Kripke has confirmed in interviews that he is in fact god.

While I've seen this said, it doesn't really jibe with that an archangel couldn't sniff out that a "prophet" was actually God.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I've seen this said, it doesn't really jibe with that an archangel couldn't sniff out that a "prophet" was actually God.
    I mean, it does if that's what God wanted. He's God. He gets to stay hidden from an archangel if he wants to stay hidden from an archangel.

best 200th episode everrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    best 200th episode everrrrrrr
    Two favourite parts for me were ALL of the openings, however brief, or quick. Every Season, temporary, special ones. Excited out of my mind, I was, and screamed in delight.

Carry On My Wayward Son made me tear up, and really lit a fire in my heart. Think it might've affected Sam and Dean it, and like they did, perhaps even for the better.

Ending was great, be this just Chuck, or God.

My Dad didn't really get it, and asked who it was, but to be fair, he's been out of Supernatural for 4 Seasons and 4 episodes, not appearing since Season 5, Episode 22, Swan Song, until Season 10, Episode 5, Fan Fiction, so makes sense.

BANNED

I really did like the episode, though I did have some problems. 200th episode, why no Castiel? Or anyone else really other then Sam and Dean? I suppose that harkens back to the way the serious was originally with just Sam and Dean, though it would of been cool to see some others. Though it was funny how everyone in the play was played by a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The problem is with any argument like this you could just say "well it doesn't happen because he is God and he willed it" since God is..well, God, and can supposedly do anything. Also only 4 angels have ever met God, so who knows if they'd be able to recognize him if they came across him.

For me I like to think there was an actual Chuck who was a prophet, but it might not been him that we saw at the end of the season 5 finale teleporting away. It could of been that Chuck was killed and God stepped in for him to finish his work. I mean, when Dean is thrown into the future by Zachariah..is that God telling him to hoard toilet paper? Maybe, but who knows. Or it's possible he was a prophet and was killed and..I don't know, became something else after?
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-15-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I thought the 200th episode was amusing, but what it really needed was Crowley sitting in the audience laughing his ass off and heckling.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I really did like the episode, though I did have some problems. 200th episode, why no Castiel? Or anyone else really other then Sam and Dean? I suppose that harkens back to the way the serious was originally with just Sam and Dean, though it would of been cool to see some others. Though it was funny how everyone in the play was played by a girl.

The problem is with any argument like this you could just say "well it doesn't happen because he is God and he willed it" since God is..well, God, and can supposedly do anything. Also only 4 angels have ever met God, so who knows if they'd be able to recognize him if they came across him.

For me I like to think there was an actual Chuck who was a prophet, but it might not been him that we saw at the end of the season 5 finale teleporting away. It could of been that Chuck was killed and God stepped in for him to finish his work. I mean, when Dean is thrown into the future by Zachariah..is that God telling him to hoard toilet paper? Maybe, but who knows. Or it's possible he was a prophet and was killed and..I don't know, became something else after?
    Janey, you've got some good memory on you, on the way back to Season 4, there, with such a small detail as the number of Angels who've met God.

Also, I do agree. Even the spirits of John, Ellen, Mary, Jo, Rufus, Pamela, Bobby, the weird guy from Season 7, or Ash would've been nice.

Or, having Garth, Jody, Charlie, Crowley, or Cas as you say, come in, at some point.

Have some interacting with cast members, others with the Winchesters.

Those spirits just big, or small, cameos, watching the play, or musical.

Also, wonder is next weeks' Ask Jeeves Jim Beavers Bobby episode for the year? Had Goodbye, Stranger, I believe, in Season 8, and I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here, in 9, so maybe for 10, this?

Or, later on still?

Also, small point, but almost all. Believe John was played by a boy.

Incredible Member

Chuck is the creator of the supernatural novels and now we have a new author, a young girl creating an extended version. Almost feels very inspired by Vertigos Lucifer series, in that *SPOILERS for said series: God died and a young girl that actually had a similar appearance to this actress became the new God* End SPOILERS

Maybe I'm reading to much into this, but Castiels appearance was inspired by John Constantine and Kripke acknowledge Neil Gaiman as an influence for the initial 5 season arc. Maybe Mike Careys continuation of Neil Gaimans work is their current inspiration, in an episode not only about a muse, but a muse specifically utilized in Neil Gaimans the Sandman.

Latest episode, Ask Jeeves, was last night. What'd everyone think of it?

Still watching but its okay.

Not a bad ep but I would have preferred it if they had kept it a straight up murder mystery with no "supernaturalness" and just have played up Sam and Dean being completely out of their element.

So, this episode was more light hearted, and comical, than usual, especially the first three, even to an extent four, episodes of the Season.

In a similar vein to Fan Fiction, last weeks' 200th episode, though not so poking at themselves, or nostalgic, or self-referential.

Was good timing for me on the shapeshifter front, as I've only recently rewatched the Season 6 episode with the Alpha Shapeshifter, baby drama and all that stuff.

Good murder mystery stuff, with the increasing body count, the suspicious finger waving, everyone present hating everyone else. Got some nice observations, mystery and drama, like Sam noting that he and Dean like each other, even if these people don't like one another. Interesting, that, and nice to keep in mind.

Was left wondering why they have that Devlis' Trap, pentagram opening, as it seemed to fit starting off the Season, with Crowley and his Demons, Dean being a Demon, Cas, Sam and Cole looking for him, and all that stuff, the darkness and all, and having to deal with it...

Was going to say, sure, now Deans' cured, even with the Mark, can't keep him trapped in of that, and not to do with Cole V Deanmon, or Sam trying to keep down his darkness, or Crowley dealing with it.

But, it is still about dealing with the Demons, the Mark Of Cain, and what dangers that still brings. Dean having to deal with that, as well as Sam, or Sam in of his darkness, and how far he's willing to go for love, for brotherhood.

So, it still works, I suppose.

Glad Sam and Dean talked about what may well have been a Mark thing, with his repeated shooting of an already dead shapeshifter, even if, as per usual, Dean was avoiding the issue, or deflecting, saying that it was something else, like his first kill in a long while. Or, back in the game, after being a Demon. And, sure enough, it is. After all, Kate was killed in Paper Moon, and she killed her sister.

Dean didn't manage to kill any of the two werewolves dealing with him and Sam, his brother, cast and all, killed both.

Neither brother killed the creature, Tulpa or not, I can't remember, but Marie did, IIRC.

So, this shapeshifter really is his first kill, as a Hunter, or human, in a long time.

And, interestingly sympathetic, or fair, judgement, of Bobby, much moreso then monster first, person second, in comparison to Travis, with the Rugeru in Season 4, letting his own perceptions lead the way.

Though, the attic, solitiude and separation, isn't likely the best nurture for ones' nature.