Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Good news/bad news depending on whether you liked the backdoor pilot... The CW have passed on Bloodlines.
    I enjoyed the backdoor pilot a lot, I wish they green light the series. The cliffhanger ending got me really hooked for more episodes. It was good to see something different than Supernatural but still in the same universe. Hopefully they can revisit it down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Given how piss poor the pilot was, by that I mean how uninteresting the main character was, I'm not surprised. So with that I'd like to see the monsters in Chicago be the next arc Sam and Dean could tackle.
    Yeah I agree. The pilot wasn't good. But I would like an arc where Sam/Dean go back there and clean house.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    Yeah I agree. The pilot wasn't good. But I would like an arc where Sam/Dean go back there and clean house.
    As mentioned before I spend the majority of that pilot waiting for Sam and Dean to show up. If they couldn't process a interesting main character that would make me more interested in him then Ennis would have eventually ended up being one of those main characters where the audience would rather be more interested in the supporting cast than the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I'm sure they had a number of scripts written for the show. It probably wouldn't be difficult to shuffle things around in them slightly and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

I'm glad Bloodlines is not being picked up.. but I do hope they can come up with a another type of spin-off- I get why they don't want to do another series with Hunters and taking a Supernatural being perspective seems the way to go but the idea of the pilot as well as the characters in the show was TOO cliche ..

Charlie traveling to different dimensions would have been a good idea .. they can start off with oZ and then so on but I guess that might a little too much like Once upon a time ..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I'm glad Bloodlines is not being picked up.. but I do hope they can come up with a another type of spin-off- I get why they don't want to do another series with Hunters and taking a Supernatural being perspective seems the way to go but the idea of the pilot as well as the characters in the show was TOO cliche ..

Charlie traveling to different dimensions would have been a good idea .. they can start off with oZ and then so on but I guess that might a little too much like Once upon a time ..
    Charlie, instead of a hunter, maybe a supernatural adventurist traveling the world while documenting various supernatural beings would be a more interesting series.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I enjoyed the backdoor pilot a lot, I wish they green light the series. The cliffhanger ending got me really hooked for more episodes. It was good to see something different than Supernatural but still in the same universe. Hopefully they can revisit it down the line.
    When you talk about cliffhanger are U talking about the phone call from his dad? if so.. it kind of reminded me too much of John Winchester calling his son

BANNED

When you talk about cliffhanger are U talking about the phone call from his dad? if so.. it kind of reminded me too much of John Winchester calling his son
    One of the many reasons why the main character failed. He was Sam Winchester 2.0 instead of someone more unique than that.

Charlie, instead of a hunter, maybe a supernatural adventurist traveling the world while documenting various supernatural beings would be a more interesting series.
    I've been trying to think of what would make a good spin-off, 1st I thought of following the Golem story but their just only so much you can do with that storyline, then a new beginning of a new group of Men Of Letters but that would be hard to pull off without involving Dean and Sam .. then I was thinking about following a new Prophet or a Castiel spin off but I think that would get tiresome quickly .. Charlie storyline seems to be the most viable.. I cant think of any other spin-off that might work

BANNED

I've been trying to think of what would make a good spin-off, 1st I thought of following the Golem story but their just only so much you can do with that storyline, then a new beginning of a new group of Men Of Letters but that would be hard to pull off without involving Dean and Sam .. then I was thinking about following a new Prophet or a Castiel spin off but I think that would get tiresome quickly .. Charlie storyline seems to be the most viable.. I cant think of any other spin-off that might work
    If he weren't bit I'd love a Garth spin off

If he weren't bit I'd love a Garth spin off
    Yeah a Garth (if he were not bitten) Spin off that's an idea .. I like the ep when they showed Bobby's Perspective.. Garth's view could be interesting.. but it also might fall hard like The Lone Gunman .. that was a great idea but not executed right..

Astonishing Member

It reminded me of that too but only slightly because everything was different. Sam knew about monsters while growing up and John was only missing. With Bloodlines, Ennis thought his father was dead and knew nothing about monsters. It created a lot more back story waiting to be explored.

I feel that a Supernatural spinoff in the current time would'nt work. Anything that branches out should be on par or exceed the original. With Sam and Dean being at the centre of every Apocalypse I doubt the new series would survive as everything in Supernatural has already been ramped up. I think it would be better if the spinoff was about John Winchester. We know the character, but with all the hunting he did while Sam and Dean were still kids it could potentially work. It removes Sam and Dean from the plot as for most of their childhood John was away hunting.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

BANNED

That and just about the majority of the gods in the Supernatural Universe are dead and the show pretty much dropped the ball in giving us an actual powerful supernatural being other than the demons and angels. If Supernatural were to have a spin-off then a prequel series would have been a better way to go. Maybe a prequel series centered around Bobby's first years as a hunter and how him and John met.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

I actually liked the Bloodlines pilot, but I took the prodigal shifter guy and the girl sent to the werewolves to be main characters just as much as the hunter kid. I also didn't mind the human villain, as I took him as more of a stand-alone episode example of what would happen if the kid took hunting too far than a reoccurring character.

Bit of a moot point now, were the last 2 families ever named? Most are assuming vampires are the 4th, but I don't remember a fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Again Abbadon has lost in a deplorable way to a Winchester this time Dean. Her name sounds like it's related to abandon.
    Our old joke regarding another character named Abaddon was something like

That's Abaddon
    Oh he's a bad 'un all right.