Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

BANNED

Bloodlines lacks the suspenseful grittiness that Supernatural has

BANNED

I wouldn't exactly say it is like The Vampire Diaries. I will admit it definitely has the potential to go that route though. Thing is, I just didn't get that VD vibe from this episode, even though it had 2 actors in it from the VD series. Am I saying I got the same vibe as the normal Supernatural show? No, I admit I did not. I think right now it was something in between and it could go either way.

So basically, I do think the show could go in a direction to where it would not be like VD and still be good. It doesn't have to be 100% like Supernatural, because that was a road show more or less, but they can incorporate some stuff in there. They could focus on these 5 families while at the same time they have a whole bunch of other characters that could potentially play a role in events. I think that is one thing it has going for it, it had the built in history of the Supernatural-verse, so to speak. They can put more focus on these specific types of supernatural creatures, but they also have the option of dipping into that pool of a bunch of other things too. Angels, demons, gods, fairies, etc.

Let's face it, Supernatural probably isn't going to go more then 10 seasons. Maybe 11, if that. But if the show was successful, you still might be able to capture some of the left over fanbase. It might not be exactly the same as Supernatural(which isn't a bad thing since it's a different show) but it could still more or less keep the show alive. In the end, it's about supernatural crap going down with, at times, some funny humor and dark humor. If they can keep that up without making it simply into another "supernatural romance" tv series then..I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-01-2014 at 04:17 PM.

BANNED

That and keep in mind not all pilots start out good but give the series time for development then it will be better than we expected.

BANNED

Yeah and for me I just think..the whole super hero/fantasy/supernatural stuff, I don't think that is going to go away. People are always going to be into things like that. So I guess I'd rather have a more richly built universe as opposed to starting one from nothing. It makes it easier to build on those things. I mean, the CW isn't going to stop doing shows like this anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah and for me I just think..the whole super hero/fantasy/supernatural stuff, I don't think that is going to go away. People are always going to be into things like that. So I guess I'd rather have a more richly built universe as opposed to starting one from nothing. It makes it easier to build on those things. I mean, the CW isn't going to stop doing shows like this anytime soon.
    Agreed. That and the vampire stuff isn't going to leave and folks are just going to have to deal with that. There is nothing wrong with either concept as long as the writers put fourth the effort in making it interesting and Bloodlines has potential to be interesting if treated properly. Who knows? Maybe Ennis will grow into an awesome character if the show gets picked up. Funny enough. If not for the fact that he's on The Originals I thought the guy who plays Marcel would have been good for the role of Ennis than who we have already

Incredible Member

This story arc would be way too big for Sam and Dean to handle alone. Two hunters against five large monster families. For it to be somewhat believable (in the Supernatural universe) this would have to be a war with an army of hunters against the five families with Sam and Dean as the generals.

Fighting the Leviathans was one thing with them doing guerrilla attacks jumping around the country slipping in and out but this would be a totally different to them. They barely survived a family of 3 vampires, magnify that by a 100 and they'll probably be dead within half a season. This backdoor pilot seems like it will be more of a monster Godfather series than a Supernatural series.

Excellent show. I'm currently only at the start of Season 5 so I've had to skim read this post in fear of spoilers but I may end up checking out Bloodlines just for the spinoff series. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Excellent show. I'm currently only at the start of Season 5 so I've had to skim read this post in fear of spoilers but I may end up checking out Bloodlines just for the spinoff series. Should be interesting.
    I'd recommend leaving Bloodlines be then, as in the backdoor pilot, as the one bit towards the end links in with a Season 9 arc, and I think it'd be better if you watched the Seasons prior to that point and watch on from there.

After backdoor, have a go of spin-off, if you want. But, I don't recommend watching this right now, anyway.

I'm glad the show is getting back to business this week. It will be interesting how and what they will do with so many plots it look like a lot of stuff will be thrown into this weeks episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I turned this Bloodlines episode off. It was painfully bad, CW teenage girl crap. The Werewolf Diaries, if you will.
    I watch the whole thing but I do agree.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    This story arc would be way too big for Sam and Dean to handle alone. Two hunters against five large monster families. For it to be somewhat believable (in the Supernatural universe) this would have to be a war with an army of hunters against the five families with Sam and Dean as the generals.
    They could just call in Cas and see if he can wipe out the families. That would be within his power. Though obviously that would be too easy from a story writing perspective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    They could just call in Cas and see if he can wipe out the families. That would be within his power. Though obviously that would be too easy from a story writing perspective.
    Ding. Also,knowing the writers, they'd find something Cas can do so that he wont get too involved.

Bloodlines has some potential but this backdoors pilot felt bland. I'm interested in seeing the back story of the five monster families, more of the monster culture in Chicago, and possibly a monster war. However the romance between Violet and David felt forced, and the reveal that the hooded killer was just a human was disappointing. I was hoping it was some kind of monster we've never seen before or maybe a demon sent by Abbadon to cause chaos between the monster families.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar87 View Post
    Bloodlines has some potential but this backdoors pilot felt bland. I'm interested in seeing the back story of the five monster families, more of the monster culture in Chicago, and possibly a monster war. However the romance between Violet and David felt forced, and the reveal that the hooded killer was just a human was disappointing. I was hoping it was some kind of monster we've never seen before or maybe a demon sent by Abbadon to cause chaos between the monster families.
    Same here. If they want the audience to get into the series then they should at least put fourth some effort into it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar87 View Post
    the reveal that the hooded killer was just a human was disappointing. I was hoping it was some kind of monster we've never seen before or maybe a demon sent by Abbadon to cause chaos between the monster families.
    For some reason I thought it was going to turn out that the female shifter Margo had been behind the attacks and had just had another shifter attack and kill that shifter in the beginning in order to have a reason to start a war. But then I realized if that was the case the shifter would not of needed to use fake Freddy Krueger claws.

Though to be honest..I would of found it weird if this was a demon or something sent by Abaddon. Merely because these 5 families pose zero threat to her. She could wipe them out in 2-3 days if she really wanted. But I would be saying..why does she care about one city? She is after souls and the majority of people in Chicago aren't supernatural so there are still plenty of souls there. There is no reason to want to cause in fighting. Would you have any reason to cause some ants to fight?
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-05-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Fantastic Member

The queen is dead, long live the king.