Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    You gotta remember that the winchester have that PIS going for them since season 2. So that at all was not surprising.
    Usually, when involving the Winchesters, they get by on pure dumb luck. The show itself even called it out

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    They might not go for the full cure. They might just hop him up on demon blood to restore his sense of humanity, but leave him a demon since his human self is essentially dead.

It would be a slightly more interesting way to go, and it would still make Dean a veiled threat.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if the show shook things up a bit and kept Dean a demon and he becomes the Big Bad of the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    By the way, Mark Sheppard has signed on to be a regular for Season 10.
    Best news I've heard all day. I love Sheppard in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'm just happy that it's not Sam for once. For the love of God let Sam do the saving this time
    Well, at least he did when it came to killing Alistair, saving Dean, or trying to save him from Hell in Season 3.

Can't remember from what, but I remember him definitely saving Dean from something or other in the latest Season, so he has an okay track record of it, but I think it might be less having Dean or Sam as the victim, more having Sam save when necessary, Dean because it's his nature - perhaps Sams' too, I don't know.

Also, separate note: do you think the show should keep Dean as a Demon from hereonin, or do the cure from Season 8, Demon Blade, or something else?

http://screenrant.com/supernatural-s...series-finale/

Talking about what the 200th episode will be, about a spin off separate to Bloodlines, Dean as a Demon, the end, and more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    http://screenrant.com/supernatural-s...series-finale/

Talking about what the 200th episode will be, about a spin off separate to Bloodlines, Dean as a Demon, the end, and more.
    They just need to make sure that the other spin off at least has a likable main character whose interesting enough to carry his/her own show. That and the spin off is completely original instead of some recycled idea from Supernatural. The ending was a complete carbon copy of the Searching for John Winchester arc in the first season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Well, at least he did when it came to killing Alistair, saving Dean, or trying to save him from Hell in Season 3.

Can't remember from what, but I remember him definitely saving Dean from something or other in the latest Season, so he has an okay track record of it, but I think it might be less having Dean or Sam as the victim, more having Sam save when necessary, Dean because it's his nature - perhaps Sams' too, I don't know.

Also, separate note: do you think the show should keep Dean as a Demon from hereonin, or do the cure from Season 8, Demon Blade, or something else?
    Yeah but in just about each Supernatural Arc it's usually Sam being the one that is on the edge of being evil and it's usually Dean that has to save him. The fact that the shoe is on the other foot now just make things a little interesting.

BANNED

Yeah so I was excited until I saw the whole "200th episode is kind of a musical" thing. I do echo some of the concerns of the people who posted comments to the linked article..I do think there is a certain point where Supernatural can get too silly. I don't think it has hit that point completely, but yeah..you can take a look at the first few seasons and then compare them to the last few..think of episodes like the Wizard of Oz one..that wasn't a terrible episode, but it was pushing it I think. I do agree the show had a more serious tone in the first few seasons. I guess after they had been on the air a while they were able to branch off a bit, which is good, but the trick is knowing when you have to pull back as well.

I'm hoping the next season will have a nice mixture of that, but I honestly could do without another "meta" episode as they are calling it. I am probably not the only one who immediately thought of the "Once More With Feeling" from Buffy when they read Supernatural was doing a musical. To be honest, Buffy kind of pulled it off..but I don't know if I want to see Sam and Dean sing..or Castiel for that matter. Of course, they could do it where others turn out to be singing..but yeah, I don't know. I will still watch of course. I liked how they said "Demon Dean" won't be wrapped up quickly.
    Last edited by Surtur; 07-20-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Incredible Member

I think a Supernatural musical would probably look/ feel like Repo the Genetic Opera, which I'm totally fine with. Actual songs, not theme music, are incorporated into Supernatural moreso than other series making this one off seem more natural. I just hope the in story explanation isn't eyeroll worthy.

BANNED

I think the only reason it worked for Buffy was because it fit within it's universe. A Supernatural Musical would look out of place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yeah so I was excited until I saw the whole "200th episode is kind of a musical" thing. I do echo some of the concerns of the people who posted comments to the linked article..I do think there is a certain point where Supernatural can get too silly. I don't think it has hit that point completely, but yeah..you can take a look at the first few seasons and then compare them to the last few..think of episodes like the Wizard of Oz one..that wasn't a terrible episode, but it was pushing it I think. I do agree the show had a more serious tone in the first few seasons. I guess after they had been on the air a while they were able to branch off a bit, which is good, but the trick is knowing when you have to pull back as well.

I'm hoping the next season will have a nice mixture of that, but I honestly could do without another "meta" episode as they are calling it. I am probably not the only one who immediately thought of the "Once More With Feeling" from Buffy when they read Supernatural was doing a musical. To be honest, Buffy kind of pulled it off..but I don't know if I want to see Sam and Dean sing..or Castiel for that matter. Of course, they could do it where others turn out to be singing..but yeah, I don't know. I will still watch of course. I liked how they said "Demon Dean" won't be wrapped up quickly.
    I think, in later years, the show has gotten a bit goofy when compared to the previous seasons. If one compares the early seasons to recent ones you'd feel like you're looking at a completely different show. I don't think it's wrong to incorporate Wizard of Oz into the show but it would have been interesting if Oz had fit the early season's gritty nature

I don't mind the silliness as long as the episodes are FUN and entertaining.

I gave up watching The Following and The Bridge because those shows took themselves too seriously, with little to no humor, and just a bore to watch (although that wasn't the only issue I had with those shows). And I actually like drama with dark subject matter, but most I've seen mix humor into their episodes without going the silly comedy route (Deadwood, House of Cards and recently The Leftovers come to mind for example).

Silly seems to fit Supernatural, and as long as they keep the season balanced with some great dramatic episodes, I welcome the silly episodes. "Bad Day at Black Rock" from Season 3 was the episode that got me hooked on this series to begin with, after all.
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 07-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.

BANNED

Psych did a musical and that was a freaking detective show, and it was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

BANNED

My favorite silly episodes were the Mystery Spot and the episode where everything was in black and white. What I appreciate with Supernatural is that the show tends to find a balance

http://www.ibtimes.com/supernatural-...ackles-1638126

Some very interesting tidbits about Demon Dean.

And, yeah, I like the balance, both of them helping each other out, or saving each other, whether a life, or salvation.

So, I'd say it came as a pleasant surprise for you, Legato, and a number, when it was Sam the hero, for the Trials, Dean concerned, and then, Dean, and the Mark of Cain, and Sam concerned, helping a near death brother as well.

That concern often happens for both of them, for each other, and I find the recent maturity of less crap put up with, or no secrets for a long while, stuff like that, and other stuff, in how they are now together, an improvement upon some previous years.

Sure, I get tired of them keeping secrets, like the effects of the First Trial, or Ezekiel being inside his brother (IF you know what I mean), or even Dean giving Sam SO MUCH hardgoing over leaving Kevin to the side for a year. It's not that he did, because he was right, and Sam should've done SOMETHING about Crowley, or Kevin, anything. Be it with some other Hunters, like Garth, or a Sheriff like Jody, but it's how much grief he actually gave him.

Or, them splitting up again, and their large rift and falling out in Season 9, with Kevins' death and everything. Like, I guess he was right to, tricking his brother, keeping it secret (though he did try in the episode on virginity) and all the different baggage associated with that, but it was still tiring to see them split again, how long they were fallen out, them being brothers and all. Just want them to mostly get along, not being all over each other all the time, or keeping secrets. Giving out to each other and questioning one another is fine, but there'd be a limit, when it isn't that healthy, productive, or what have you.

And, yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing just where this Demon Dean thing goes, the stuff with Crowley, the searching Sam, Men Of Letters base, where Hell goes from here, Heaven, Metatron and Cas' stolen grace. Decent amount of fairly interesting threads to pick up once more.

And left wondering would the opening be to do with Dean being a Dean, the Mark of Cain, or something else entirely?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/01/sp...ral-teen-wolf/

Six big scoops on Season 10 of Supernatural, including a new hunter, with a Winchester in his sights, 200th episode song, Cas' decision and more.

Well worth the read, and greatly satisfied my thirst for knowledge, be it with the dwindling grace, Demon Dean, or what have you. Some of the main strands left over from Do You Believe In Miracles? Am hoping to find out whether we see Kevin, Garth, Charlie, again, or much. Would hopre for increase for Garth, especially after lacking 8 and 9, and long absence of Charlie since leaving for Oz.

And, Sherrif Jody Mills has already been confirmed to return - Bobby probably will too. Being dead once more didn't stop him popping up in 8 and 9.

Looking forward to this new character though, and whatever they may or may not have planned for captured Metatron, and what comes next for Dean.