Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

I haven't watched last two seasons but reading those overviews make me think like I haven't missed anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't watched last two seasons but reading those overviews make me think like I haven't missed anything new.
    I thought season 8 was the best since 5, and 9 wasn't too far behind it. I enjoyed last night's episode. Nothing too far out of the ordinary, but it wasn't bad either. Glad it's back.

I thought the episode was okay, but wasn't the best of the season premiers. Need Bobby back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Well that was all kinds of underwhelming. It went from what could have been an interesting arc involving Deanmon. To this.

Crowley's voice of utter disappointment just echoed mine.

And the folks promised us both brothers will get their share right? Well from what I'm seeing is Sam needing to be saved by Dean. This time Deanmon. Are they trying to make Sam incompetent on his own?

Once again a female angel goes crazy. *Yawn*
    Same. Dean doesn't seem like a demon at all. So far we've just seen him defend himself, fight a guy and be mean to a girl. All stuff standard Dean does all the time. He has to do something actually evil to hold my interest this season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Same. Dean doesn't seem like a demon at all. So far we've just seen him defend himself, fight a guy and be mean to a girl. All stuff standard Dean does all the time. He has to do something actually evil to hold my interest this season.
    Especially since Souless Sam has done stuff far worse than Demon Dean. Hell Dean back when he was on Mark of Cain mode and before he became a demon was more scary than this version.

Well that was all kinds of underwhelming. It went from what could have been an interesting arc involving Deanmon. To this.

And the folks promised us both brothers will get their share right? Well from what I'm seeing is Sam needing to be saved by Dean. This time Deanmon. Are they trying to make Sam incompetent on his own?

Do you mean Cas' right hand, Anna, or the other, blond angel? And yeah, was unfortunate that the only two male Angels there were the voices of reason, the two females up for a fight, or what have you.

I agree with Cas really. Just leave well enough alone, as long as they aren't causing any trouble or anything. Bring THEM in for the death, or who's actually responsible, and review a 'Leave sleeping dogs lie' policy.

And, while I didn't find the Deanmon overly dark, or scary, minus the one beating and the callousness near the end, I still found him FUN in this episode. A carefree attitude, having a laugh, sleeping around, using the First Blade, all that.

Though a lot is very Dean, some isn't and felt it was good all the same. Though that last scene with the blond woman wasn't as impactful, considering he's not just Dean not being Dean - he's a DEMON. Whole 'nother level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Do you mean Cas' right hand, Anna, or the other, blond angel? And yeah, was unfortunate that the only two male Angels there were the voices of reason, the two females up for a fight, or what have you.

I agree with Cas really. Just leave well enough alone, as long as they aren't causing any trouble or anything. Bring THEM in for the death, or who's actually responsible, and review a 'Leave sleeping dogs lie' policy.

And, while I didn't find the Deanmon overly dark, or scary, minus the one beating and the callousness near the end, I still found him FUN in this episode. A carefree attitude, having a laugh, sleeping around, using the First Blade, all that.

Though a lot is very Dean, some isn't and felt it was good all the same. Though that last scene with the blond woman wasn't as impactful, considering he's not just Dean not being Dean - he's a DEMON. Whole 'nother level.
    Which really brings the question on if female characters in Supernatural are being horribly mistreated? Ok Charlie and Jody Mills are the exceptions but very small exceptions. The majority usually ends up either crazy or fridged.

I think the disappointment comes into the fact that they hyped up the whole Mark of Cain biz so much last season that the end result here is underwhelming. The little teaser when Dean was going psychotic since getting the mark was intriguing but in this season he's just Dean being Dean. More of a jerk than usual though.

It reminded me of the Leviathans. Death hyped them up to a great deal and when revealed they failed to live up to the hype. Especially since they're no different than the demons. Just they can get killed by cleaning utilities.
    Last edited by Legato; 10-08-2014 at 01:48 PM.

It's a show that's ten seasons in, and made a pretty bold move to close the last season.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's a show that's ten seasons in, and made a pretty bold move to close the last season.
    Yeah, to be fair, whatever about a ratings drop and all, it IS 10 Seasons into its' life - and as numberthirty says, is still making bold moves despite that.

Angels falling from Heaven.

Trying to close the Gates of Hell.

Dean becoming a Demon.

ALL sorts of things, really. Starting Season 9, I was like 'Can I still be excited about this? Going on too long? Still interesting, or have it in it?'

Whereas, with 10, I was more concerned they didn't have enough story threads to play with, with Dean a Demon, Cas trying to manage the dwindling grace and Sam searching for Dean. I just didn't know about Heaven stuff, or Crowley.

But, I was entertained, happy and even knowing in some cases what would likely happen - i.e. something bad between Sam and Cole, or Deanmon being overly violent.

But, interesting how Sam and Cas indeed were working together to find Dean initially. How Sam was looking out for Cas, by leaving him out of it this time. How Sam ended up with a broken shoulder. How Cas had left Heaven and a while back. And how Sam thought like I did, to an extent.

That Crowley had possessed Deans' dead body with a Demon, though I thought back in Do You Believe in Miracles? that Crowley himself had done so.

Lot of interesting revelations. And like that my question about whether ALL the Angels returned to Heaven was more or less answered. Like that such a big thing was indeed followed up.

BANNED

Yeah I commend the series in being willing to push the envelope

Yeah I commend the series in being willing to push the envelope
    At this stage of afterlife, it probably needs to and push a bit more for something outside the usual.

I realise now that the Angel in question that I was talking about, to Cas, was Hannah. Found this out from Episode 2 description in Promo, though thought it was Anna.

Though I suppose that name was already taken. XD

And I'm not sure it'd so much being about Hannah being female, or anything, though I know you, Legato, didn't say, imply, infer, what have you, such.

I mean, she had her reservations about SUCH degrees of freedom for the other Angels. She brought up the negative chaos, as Cas brought up the positive, like Metatron, Naomi, Bartholomew - lads, did I spell his name right, and missing anyone from her list?

Though, I would've liked one more, that being the semi-short lived Malachi.

She knows from example that too much freedom and not enough order can lead to people like them, bringing violence, death, false gods, mental manipulation, killing each other and their own.

So, she has a number of examples to lend credence to her worries, really.

While Cas has lived and died enough to know that there can be enough positive attributes to such freedoms, even though the majority of his examples and experiences relate to humans, whatever about Benny, rather than Angels. So, he'd likely be a bit more for like I am: leave well enough alone. Let sleeping dogs lie. A bear that isn't poked won't hurt you. A lion left alone won't bite.

But, though under the target Angels' peaceful demeanour and her leader Castiels' instructions, she did at least leave things alone, and listened, stayed quiet, whether she took anything in or not.

So I think both her own opinions on the matter, her past to back it up and the surprising entrance of the other Angel, plus their obvious hostility towards them, only made things worse.

So, I'll give Supernatural that anyway, even if I will say things could've been better with the blond Angel in comparison, especially when I believe she had little reason to attack. Don't know her, truly, or get partially to know her, to back up her beliefs, or know her past, outside of this.

But, given that Angels had already been sent to retrieve them, bring them back to Heaven and it ultimately resulted in a death, even though it was on their end, rather than Castiels' people, maybe she'd decided what was done was done and they had to keep to it, no matter what. Now that Metatron had cast them down over a year ago, unknowingly, unwillingly and without prior consent, or their own effort, they'd grown accustomed to Earth, to fishing and the quiet tranquility of it all.

And it was going to stay that way.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

I think they intentionally acknowledged this in the episode. Crowley expected Deanmon to cut loose and follow him as a murderous psychopath. Dean's idea of enjoying himself, however, is apparently living in a dive bar and occasionally beating/stabbing the hell out of people.

So they went so far as to make Dean a demon, and he still is one after the pilot, but he hasn't crossed his moral event horizon. Yet. I'm curious to see where they go with it, and already more excited for this season than anything with Benny or Gadreel or the Leviathans.

Has the spin off seires started yet or did it crash and burn already?