Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I liked the episode a lot. Very glad that Dean is back.
    Not like Deanmon, or prefer regular Dean? Shame is, we might not get exactly a regular Dean, as he's still got the Mark, and we saw in Season 9 how that affected him. One of the only reasons Crowley was able to bring him, in any given way, back from the dead, all the same, though, so an advantage to it too.

Say Sam's glad to have his brother back, and at least we avoid the same old make a deal for the other, it backfires, or goes exactly the way it's meant to, and still feels horrible.

Like, John for Dean, or Dean for Sam.

And, sort of wish Dean'd pay more heed to Cas' advice about giving hunting and all that a bit of a break, as the brothers seem to be back to it with some werewolf business next week, in Paper Moon which, unless I'm incorrect, is in fact the 200th episode of the show.

Bit of trivia: the 100th episode, believe it was Point Of No Return, was where Cas beat up Dean, Dean was thinking about saying 'Yes' to Michael, Adam came back, Zachariah was killed, Adam disappeared, as did Cas, all that.

200 is meant to be a rock musical, where the characters may or not sing. Not sure we'll hear Deanmon do so, but seeing as we already did, maybe he should just stay away from rock, if it can be helped.

So, unless Paper Moon's a bit of a timeskip, like in Season 5, when searching for the Colt, after reuniting, a few weeks went by, seems Dean's jumping more or less right back in, Mark Of Cain, post-Deanmon days and all. And, that Sams' arm is seemingly healed, which seems odd, depending on how bad of an injury it was, or how long ago he got it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Who was the woman at the end?
    Bathory?

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Bathory?

.... Whaaa?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    .... Whaaa?
    Elizabeth Bathory, a historical figural who liked to bathe in virgin blood to retain her youth. She's the most prolific female serial killer to date. She's been a boogie woman in lots of movies and games. At the very least, it was meant to be an homage to her, as well as to the death of Sam's girlfriend in the pilot as well (I would think anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvis View Post
    Elizabeth Bathory, a historical figural who liked to bathe in virgin blood to retain her youth. She's the most prolific female serial killer to date. She's been a boogie woman in lots of movies and games. At the very least, it was meant to be an homage to her, as well as to the death of Sam's girlfriend in the pilot as well (I would think anyway).
    Oh, okay. Thanks, tjarvis. Never knew that, far as I know. Reminds me of Charlize Therons' Evil Queen Ravenna, in Snow White and the Huntsman, bathing in what she did.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Eurghh!! Its too soon for a MOTW ep! We have not even established the big bad yet.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Eurghh!! Its too soon for a MOTW ep! We have not even established the big bad yet.
    Going with what you're saying, not my above reasons I'd rather not a MOTW/COTW, least for Dean right now, I think about Episode 5, after dealing with the aftermath of this episode in 4, would be more reasonable.

If not for Dean involved, then for the show in general. Though I do wonder, going all the way back to Season 9, as far as I can remember, with the Reapers, Angels, Metatron, Gadreel, Hannah, Castiel, Mark Of Cain, Deanmon, Abbadon even, and so on, I don't believe, for either 5, or 6, episodes, that we've had a regular episode, really. I believe it's all been Heaven, Hell, Fallen Angels, Dean, Sam, Cas, Crowley etc, all that.

Last episode that was semi-regular, with just the lads dealing with a case and some deaths and monsters, was Chicago, the Monster Mafia, the Monster War, all that, in Episode 20 of Season 9, Bloodlines - and that was more about the Hunter, Ennis, that Shapeshifter chap, the female werewolf and the mysterious killer! Not even fully the Winchesters, though that made sense at the time.

So, about time we get back to calmer stuff, but, yes, not quite yet I think.

BANNED

I'm with ya. At least let the next episode deal with the aftermath of Dean being a demon. Eventhough he really didn't do anything horrible as a demon.

BANNED

I'd love it if this season brought a back to basics approach. The past few seasons dealt with the civil war between the angels and demons and with the whole Mark of Cain deal. Let this season be a bit of a breather by introducing a new threat that we haven't seen as of late

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I'd love it if this season brought a back to basics approach. The past few seasons dealt with the civil war between the angels and demons and with the whole Mark of Cain deal. Let this season be a bit of a breather by introducing a new threat that we haven't seen as of late
    I know you're mad for the other gods, or deities thing, but I still wish there was an all out Monster War, like between all races, or number, or most. Maybe, War Of the Alphas, in Season 6 and 7, with the surviving Alpha the main threat, or secondary/tertiary for Season 8. Ahhhh, if only.

But, for you, does this new, supposed witch character fulfill that for you, or maybe they're more of an ally? Perhaps a Crowley deal, where she's both an ally and enemy at times?

So are they planning on this being the last season or are they gonna keep it running until bad ratings kill it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    So are they planning on this being the last season or are they gonna keep it running until bad ratings kill it?
    I'd say the latter.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Yeah totally agree with Crimson Knight and Legato dealing with the aftermath of Deanmon and whilst they do that they can establish the big bad too. That teaser at the end of episode 3 do you guys think it was the big bad?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Yeah totally agree with Crimson Knight and Legato dealing with the aftermath of Deanmon and whilst they do that they can establish the big bad too. That teaser at the end of episode 3 do you guys think it was the big bad?
    I think so. The only question is who? For a split second I thought it was Abaddon, who somehow came back from the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I think so. The only question is who? For a split second I thought it was Abaddon, who somehow came back from the dead
    Speaking of which. Was that the same Hotel that Abaddon was killed in?