Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Just watched the finale......My God!

spoilers:
    If "The Darkness just turns into some guy with his little darkling minions and the boys have to find the magical Magoffin crap again.....
    end of spoilers

I will just quit....Right there.

Quote Originally Posted by d.w washburn View Post
    Just watched the finale......My God!

spoilers:
    If "The Darkness just turns into some guy with his little darkling minions and the boys have to find the magical Magoffin crap again.....
    end of spoilers

I will just quit....Right there.
    I saw a suggestion online that it could be something lovecraftian

That was a great finale. Sad to see spoilers:
    Death bite the dust, for seemingly no reason now. He was one of my favorite recurring characters.
    end of spoilers

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That was a great finale. Sad to see spoilers:
    Death bite the dust, for seemingly no reason now. He was one of my favorite recurring characters.
    end of spoilers
    I am not so sure he is.

Anyway, awesome awesome finale.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I saw a suggestion online that it could be something lovecraftian
    Didn't they already do that with the Leviathans? Which they also screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I am not so sure he is.

Anyway, awesome awesome finale.
    Neither am i. Just my initial reaction

Incredible Member

Season 11 villain?
    Jackie Estacado's lawyer.

Really upping the ante to dragon ball z levels of craziness (complete with Goku/ Dean saying they need to stay away from earth because their magnets for apocalyptic trouble).

And then Sam breaks the final seal on deans arm, a spell involving 3 ingredients backfires on Cas, Dean goes full horseshoe from the if I didn't know you I'd wanna hunt you from season 4 to I know us Sammy and lets face it, were evil, which Sam disagrees with, but is totally onboard with sacrificing an innocent to fix the mark problem.

I really want the season 11 opener montage song to be Fortunate Son, but for some reason I can't quite put my finger on I think it'll be I believe in a thing called love. Which, a song from the 2000s opening a season would be a first I believe.

As much as I loved parts of this season, it really middled with the cases of the week. Though I felt the same way in season 5 (had a great momentum building in the first 4, smacked down by the Paris Hilton episode, which, she seemed very cool about eschewing the absurdity celebrity obsession can reach).

God didn't create evil in the Supernatural universe if I understood this correctly, it is unique as the only thing not sourced from him. Which I like, as why create evil? For what possible reason.

And a bit from the necronomicon came to be (maybe) so strange aeons with everlasting life and an all consuming darkness? Not a good recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Man, I certainly hope Sam and Dean never have to deal with worms like these again.

Either electrocute the victim, turn them into a murderer, a puppet, or a dehydrated mess.

What an evil ******* Eve was, ah?

No, I'm just not too sure she'll be coming back, ultimately. Once she was dead, she was dead. Maybe back in Purgatory, but maybe what Dean did back then, with the Phoenix ash meant that she is DEAD, not dead for now, like Sam, Dean, Cas, or Bobby, Charlie etc.

Hopefully, though I sort of wouldn't mind another crack at her, or at least Alpha Vampire, regular monsters, rather than Angels, Demons or otherwise.

Certainly a tough way to flush it out, ultimately, though I'd wonder, it being a Karn worm, what was the new creature, its' cousin, created by Eve in Season 6, called?

Don't know about anyone else, but am I the only one reminded of Clint Barton/Hawkeye of the MCU, or of Jeremy Renner more specifically? And, of the scene where Black Widow had to flush out the influence of the Tesseract in Avengers, and his look, voice, all that.

Glad Cole managed to survive it all, and that Dean was so determined to save him, not just stop him. Shame it ended differently for Kit, sadly.

Anyone miss Cas, Crowley, or Rowena this episode, or happy enough with Cole, the case and the Winchesters?

Next week should be good; poor Catholicism.

Might be interesting continuance of the Rowena story, with someone big brought in there and then, and see where it goes - better or worse.
    I think it is a "Khan" worm like in Wrath of Khan. The brothers did not know what that worm was so they named it after the one they saw in the movies.

listening to Kansas "Carry on my wayword son" never gets old. A perfect fitting for this show's seasons finale.

Anyway, I'm want share my overall two cents about the whole series starting at the very beginning till now:

This is all God's fault all along. He needs to own up to his mistakes.

All of these chain of events from the beginning of the series till now is because of the Mark. We now know that Lucifer isn't truly evil, not in the way that we thought he was. He was merely the first victim of the Mark, no different from Cain and Dean afterwards. God entrusted him the Mark, The Mark slowly asserted it's will over Lucifer, and finally revealed itself as a curse, to God's horror, corrupted him into becoming Satan.

I now believe that Chuck abandoned heaven and came down to earth because he blames himself for the fall of Lucifer. He created the angel tablet for one of the angels to take his place, so he can retire and have Death reap him. I think God feels unworthy of being "God". He feels that he failed as a father to his favorite most loyal son and to humanity.

Guilt is written all over God. And he knows it.

I just had an epiphany,

Doesn't Lucifer still have the mark? I think he does.

Because the Mark passes on a copy of itself to the other person. Not a whole transfer as previously thought.

Maybe that's why Lucifer was immune to the colt. because he had the original mark on him.

Incredible Member

Didn't the mark disappear from Cain when he gave it to Dean?

And the brothers keep risking the end of the world to save each other. They care more about each other than the welfare of the entire planet.

Idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

And the brothers keep risking the end of the world to save each other. They care more about each other than the welfare of the entire planet.

Idjits.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

Idiots.
    nope. how else do you explain Cain wanting to get the first blade back? When he did get it back for that brief time, you can see he was getting amped.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    thanks. )))

Incredible Member

Opening with "run through the jungle", love the song choice!

First half of the episode seemed to be rife with shaky cam and rough transitions between scenes, which hindered my enjoyment abit, I must say. Crowley apologizes for nothing, which is just great.
    Where Cas is heading seems to be ambiguous, ambiguously in peril.

Glad they addressed the Winchesters m.o. as becoming very faulty and needing both redefining and refining.

Darkness manifestations so far seem very Croatoan inspired, which is more than fine, that was an interesting concept.
    Given the last minute reveal and the circumstances of the babies birth, leaves a few interesting possibilities on the table.

And the idea that Dean is still bound despite the marks absence seems appropriate, this is a god level force. 1 spell ridding its influence entirely would undercut that and given the power of the spell, it just helps to pronounce this threat.

The exchange regarding what death should know definitely left some questions, though both angels and demons seem to have an idea of what the darkness is.

Looking forward to next week