Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Thats your thing, not mine. And BTW you dismissing the Sheriff and Charlie because they didn't have enough episode appearances is pretty much saying they're unimportant
    I hope Charlie comes back, but without any of that Oz junk.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    No, I'm saying the Sheriff and Charlie are unimportant to the overall shape of the season because they are, not because of number of episode appearances. Because if you take them out of the season, the overall story of the season remains largely unchanged. The same can't be said of removing Abaddon, Kevin, or Gadreel from the season. I'm not saying Charlie and the Sheriff are worthless characters or something like that, I'm saying they aren't vital to the narrative of the season, and so placing them on the same level as the characters that ARE vital to the narrative is disingenuous and unproductive to the conversation.

I'm not being confrontational, I'm debating a point. Show me where I've been uncivil, rude, insulting, or somehow made this personal instead of a discussion of the show, and I'll concede otherwise. Surtur commented on a post someone else made, I countered with the contention that he was missing the point, you responded with a couple posts saying you didn't think this was as significant as I and the original poster made it out to be, and I countered with posts that explained my position. That's what discussion is. Why does there need to be any more of a point to this particular line of discussion than any other?

I feel like you think I'm more emotionally invested in this than I actually am, but nothing I can do about that. I'm just having a discussion here.
    In a given season this show tends to give more time and attention to female characters than most shows like it and manages to do so without falling back on the love interest trope. The that most end up dead has more to do with the nature of the show than not caring about having important female characters. On the list of guys you named as being important to the season one is already dead and I doubt all the rest of the make out of the finale. Besides that is the fact that two of these guys are pretty much brand new. If Metatron or Gadreel die in the finale they would have had a shorter tenure on the show than Abbadon. Cas and Crowley are lucky enough to skate on major popularity but most important characters end up dead on this show as a rule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I hope Charlie comes back, but without any of that Oz junk.
    I still say she should have been the one with the spin off.

It's really a thing of beauty to see people getting so heated in the discussion of a simple observation I made. Truth is... Yes Supernatural through all the 9 season have been pretty tough on the main female characters (I still miss Meg). Both of you guys make valid points, but Kalen O. got what I meant. I'm pretty stoked to find people so passionate about Supernatural.
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

Good news/bad news depending on whether you liked the backdoor pilot... The CW have passed on Bloodlines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Good news/bad news depending on whether you liked the backdoor pilot... The CW have passed on Bloodlines.
    Given how piss poor the pilot was, by that I mean how uninteresting the main character was, I'm not surprised. So with that I'd like to see the monsters in Chicago be the next arc Sam and Dean could tackle.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

That was mostly predictable.

Villain leaders together don't work well because both want to be flying the airplane.

Again Abbadon has lost in a deplorable way to a Winchester this time Dean. Her name sounds like it's related to abandon.
    I wonder if Crowley watched the saw movies putting the knife in a dead body.
    A claiming high ranking individual that dresses like mr.rogers it does help him fly under the radar.
    The knife appears to have the same negative mentally alteration of the person as the black symbiote of spider man. Cain said the knife comes with a heavy price it looks like we've seen it.

BANNED

I think it's more the mark than the knife.

At first I thought that it was a package deal with the first blade and the mark of Cain but as we've all seen how brutal Dean can get without the blade even remotely nearby. So I have to agree with you. Question is... is that brutality reserved only for the "evil" of the world or will Dean eventually lose it and start taking down bad humans too?
    " I've always done what I truly believed was right. At first, people called me a hero for it ... and then a villain. As the memory of what I've done — and been — fades, I hope I will be seen ... in a different light." - Hal Jordan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LanternWolf View Post
    At first I thought that it was a package deal with the first blade and the mark of Cain but as we've all seen how brutal Dean can get without the blade even remotely nearby. So I have to agree with you. Question is... is that brutality reserved only for the "evil" of the world or will Dean eventually lose it and start taking down bad humans too?
    In one episode Dean did manage to take down a bad human while unarmed. From the way things are going it will only be a matter of time till he lashes out at Sam

In one episode Dean did manage to take down a bad human while unarmed. From the way things are going it will only be a matter of time till he lashes out at Sam
    They've always been at each other's throats. Either directly or indirectly. As Crowley pointed out with the "Poughkeepsie" safe word. There is definite tension. Things might go the way of what happened with Cain and Abel. With Dean sacrificing himself for Sam. If memory serves, I believe Cain and Abel are ancestors of the Winchesters and share a bloodline. History could repeat itself.

I still say she should have been the one with the spin off.
    I still say it should've been the Ghostfacers. I won't be tuning in to Bloodlines or whatever they're calling it.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I still say it should've been the Ghostfacers. I won't be tuning in to Bloodlines or whatever they're calling it.
    It isn't picked up. With good reason

Fantastic Member

I think it's a combination of both. I think the mark was slowly changing him but once he grabbed the blade for the first time it sped up the change and the more he uses it the worse he gets. It's like with ice king in adventure time, the first time he put on the crown he went crazy like Dean with the blade but when he took it off he was closer to his real self but still slowly going crazy except when he used the crowns power and lost himself completely until he took it off again, until eventually there was nothing left of the man he used to be. I think that's what Dean has to worry about.

Astonishing Member

I was watching Supernatural on TNT the other day and noticed this quote from The Song Remains the Same episode...

When Michaels uses John Winchester as his vessel to save Mary, he tells Dean "You're my true vessel, but not my only one. It's a bloodline...stretching back to Cain and Abel. It's in your blood, your father's blood, your family's blood."

I hope that's used again to explain Dean and the Mark of Cain.