Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

I was just about to thank God when I realized it was Lucifer I had to thank and I chuckled.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Sam you D-Bag he was on your side. And you needed him. Now you've basically just allied him with Michael

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sam you D-Bag he was on your side. And you needed him. Now you've basically just allied him with Michael
    Well stated! My counterpoint:

HE'S THE FREAKIN' DEVIL.

You do not trust him. Period. No matter how funny he appears to be. He was never on their side, he was on his own side, their interests just happen to intersect. Or rather, he'd play along as long as the goal was to turn Jack to his side. The instant that becomes no longer viable HE would turn on THEM like he's done so many times in the past. And to be fair, if anyone knows Lucifer intimately it would be Sam who was tortured for the majority of Season 6 BY Lucifer by being locked in the cage with him. He knew Lucifer can't change, Gabriel knew Lucifer can't change. Sam was being pro-active. Will it backfire? Sure, just like everything the boys has ever done backfires in some way, but that "decision" was sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well stated! My counterpoint:

HE'S THE FREAKIN' DEVIL.

You do not trust him. Period. No matter how funny he appears to be. He was never on their side, he was on his own side, their interests just happen to intersect. Or rather, he'd play along as long as the goal was to turn Jack to his side. The instant that becomes no longer viable HE would turn on THEM like he's done so many times in the past. And to be fair, if anyone knows Lucifer intimately it would be Sam who was tortured for the majority of Season 6 BY Lucifer by being locked in the cage with him. He knew Lucifer can't change, Gabriel knew Lucifer can't change. Sam was being pro-active. Will it backfire? Sure, just like everything the boys has ever done backfires in some way, but that "decision" was sound.
    Yeah but don't piss him off like that. Don't shove him into an alliance with the other villain. He may turn on you eventually but he was working with them now. Jack isnt powerful enough to stop michael. Lucifer isn't even powerful enough apparently. They might have stood a chance together but with out Gabriel on their side and Lucifer and Michael a team they are fucked.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Today is the season finale!

Someone pointed out something on one of those TV guide-type apps:

Every ODD season, beginning with season 1, the season ends with something bad happening to one of the brothers.
    Every EVEN season, beginning with season 2, the season ends with something getting released.

Season 1 car accident
    Season 2 demons from gates of hell are released
    Season 3 Dean goes to hell
    Season 4 Lucifer is released
    Season 5 Sam trapped in the cage
    Season 6 Leviathans are released
    Season 7 Dean goes to purgatory
    Season 8 Angels are cast to Earth
    Season 9 Dean becomes a demon
    Season 10 The Darkness is released
    Season 11 Sam gets shot and kidnapped
    Season 12 Lucifer's spawn is born (kinda stretching it, but we didn't know he wouldn't be evil and being born can be a form of being released)

Going by this trend, since its an odd season, something bad will happen to one of the brothers. Whose turn it is now? I'm guessing one will get possessed by Michael.

Today is the season finale!

Someone pointed out something on one of those TV guide-type apps:

Every ODD season, beginning with season 1, the season ends with something bad happening to one of the brothers.
    Every EVEN season, beginning with season 2, the season ends with something getting released.

Season 1 car accident
    Season 2 demons from gates of hell are released
    Season 3 Dean goes to hell
    Season 4 Lucifer is released
    Season 5 Sam trapped in the cage
    Season 6 Leviathans are released
    Season 7 Dean goes to purgatory
    Season 8 Angels are cast to Earth
    Season 9 Dean becomes a demon
    Season 10 The Darkness is released
    Season 11 Sam gets shot and kidnapped
    Season 12 Lucifer's spawn is born (kinda stretching it, but we didn't know he wouldn't be evil and being born can be a form of being released)

Going by this trend, since its an odd season, something bad will happen to one of the brothers. Whose turn it is now? I'm guessing one will get possessed by Michael.
    Boy you called the eff out of that one.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Well, they do tend to follow patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Boy you called the eff out of that one.
    I kinda wish I was wrong, though. spoilers:
    Going with Dean feels like a retread of Deanmon, but I guess they figured going with Sam would have literally been a retread. This is Dean's first time possessed by an angel while it would have been Sam's second.
    end of spoilers

Though honestly I wish they would put a moratorium on possessions of the main cast for at least...five years? I'd say till the show ends but this show could go on a while.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well, they do tend to follow patterns.
    Yes but I wish they'd throw a curve ball sometimes. Next season, instead of something released (since its an even season), do something bonkers and clever that no one will see coming.

This isn't to say I was disappointed per se with the finale. Far from it. I like the show juggling multiple storyarcs. Bobby wants to stay, and I'm wondering if there's something there between him and Mary? Hmm...

Offhand remark about Alternate Charlie and Rowena on a road trip? In my mind they're paying a visit to the girls of the Wayward Sisters cast. Speaking of which, I'm oddly more irritated about that being placed on indefinite backburner than I thought I would be. They set it up pretty well, better than Bloodlines, and I'm one of five people who actually kinda liked Bloodlines.

Yes but I wish they'd throw a curve ball sometimes. Next season, instead of something released (since its an even season), do something bonkers and clever that no one will see coming.
    While I do see where you are coming from, I can cut them some slack on the account of that they are a zillion seasons in.

I'm fine with them having Dean possessed by Michael. It's what always was "supposed" to happen. The question is how do they get out of it? Who beats him? Is he the big bad all season (doubtful)

I get the needed to kill of Pellegrino but killing off Gabriel again after so short a time back was disappointing.

Matt "peace out suckas"

All-New Member

I'm really surprised they didn't have a bigger influx of angels to help stabilize heaven. Maybe that is next season's finally apocalypse world angels being released into the main world.

Am I mistaken or didn't Billie state that Winchesters were no longer getting reprieves from death? Or does the different reality come into play?
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Astonishing Member

Alternate reality probably shield him.

One thing about the show is the weird power levels. Lucifer talks about omnipotence and he still futters around Earth and gets into fist fights.

Wonder when Chuck and Sis wander by?

Seeing Dean and Jodi team up to save Paitence. I'd love for an episode where Dean and her get way to drunk and hook up. Initially I always saw her as a replacement mother figure but I googled the actress and she is really only a year or 2 older than Jensen.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Am I mistaken or didn't Billie state that Winchesters were no longer getting reprieves from death? Or does the different reality come into play?
    Not sure about Dean but this scene makes a couple of things clear in regards to Sam.
    1) His death would "upset the natural order of things"
    2) He can't die anyway until he kills Rowena, whenever that will happen

Both of those point to reprieves, either by Billie herself or fate (being saved by other people like Dean or Cas). Again, not sure about Dean though I guess it could be implied its a package deal.