Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

I just wish it got a spinoff. I know it tried at least twice with Season 9's Bloodlines and Season 13's Wayward Sisters. I'm not sure if Season 9's Pajama Party counts but it sure feels like a backdoor pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I just wish it got a spinoff. I know it tried at least twice with Season 9's Bloodlines and Season 13's Wayward Sisters. I'm not sure if Season 9's Pajama Party counts but it sure feels like a backdoor pilot.
    Slumber party
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Se14 ep17-18 Major character gets killed off.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Se14 ep17-18 Major character gets killed off.
    spoilers:
    Yep.... I really Miss Nick
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    spoilers:
    Yep.... I really Miss Nick
    end of spoilers
    Pretty sure they were referring to Mary since Nick is still on the show. Currently just part of Jack's subconcious but he's still there.

Man, it just dawned on me that this last season of Supernatural has been a better adaptation of Preacher than the show that bears Preacher's name.

LOL'd a lot in the finale with Chuck, aka God, being a petulant dick to everyone since thats how I view the God of the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, it just dawned on me that this last season of Supernatural has been a better adaptation of Preacher than the show that bears Preacher's name.
    I was thinking that too as I watched the finale. I thought Sam was gonna kill God there for a second which from what I heard happens in Preacher
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I was thinking that too as I watched the finale. I thought Sam was gonna kill God there for a second which from what I heard happens in Preacher
    What crossed my mind during that episode(while I don't think anyone is going to care, I'll "Spoiler" tag it)...

spoilers:
    - Jack is a whole lot like Genesis with a host of it's own.

- What Billie had to say once Jack came to made it look like she will fit as a Saint Of Killers analog.

- Chuck giving them a chance to just get with the program is almost right out of God giving Jesse a bunch of chances to quit before he finally tore Jesse's eye out.

- Chuck being MIA while Jack is on Earth is comparable to God going MIA in once Genesis pulled a jailbreak in Preacher
    end of spoilers

So, an addendum to a post from last year:

Someone pointed out something on one of those TV guide-type apps:

Every ODD season, beginning with season 1, the season ends with something bad happening to one of the brothers.
    Every EVEN season, beginning with season 2, the season ends with something getting released.

Season 1 car accident
    Season 2 demons from gates of hell are released
    Season 3 Dean goes to hell
    Season 4 Lucifer is released
    Season 5 Sam trapped in the cage
    Season 6 Leviathans are released
    Season 7 Dean goes to purgatory
    Season 8 Angels are cast to Earth
    Season 9 Dean becomes a demon
    Season 10 The Darkness is released
    Season 11 Sam gets shot and kidnapped
    Season 12 Lucifer's spawn is born (kinda stretching it, but we didn't know he wouldn't be evil and being born can be a form of being released)
    Season 13 Dean is possessed by Michael
    spoilers:
    Season 14 Chuck unleashes all spirits from hell
    end of spoilers

So for the final season (Season 15) I guess something bad happens to one of the brothers.

Astonishing Member

Does it bother anyone that this God, Chuck, is rather a low level deity as compared to something that created the multiverses? I wonder if he's just some higher level supernatural as compared to the real deal omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent deity of modern monotheistic religions.

He's a liar, so saying he's the big cheese - is he? Heaven being some kind of Euphoric set of Motel 6 rooms is rather weird.

Based on this ep I got the impression Chuck was basically Q in reverse. Started out noble, became disenchanted to the point of sadism. Beyond that, power wise he's identical to Q even to the point that the only way to kill him is by another like being (Amara) or suicide.

He's a liar sure but it seems to be only in regards to what he's capable of. So everything else, as in everything that has been created, until contradicted on screen I believe its his work.

My thing is what was the "meeting" at the end about? I miss OG Death but Billie has been very interesting. Glad to see that they are using her till the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Based on this ep I got the impression Chuck was basically Q in reverse. Started out noble, became disenchanted to the point of sadism. Beyond that, power wise he's identical to Q even to the point that the only way to kill him is by another like being (Amara) or suicide.

He's a liar sure but it seems to be only in regards to what he's capable of. So everything else, as in everything that has been created, until contradicted on screen I believe its his work.

My thing is what was the "meeting" at the end about? I miss OG Death but Billie has been very interesting.
    Glad to see that they are using her till the very end.
    (Not talking about the television series)

You ever read Preacher all the way through?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    (Not talking about the television series)

You ever read Preacher all the way through?
    Nope. I vaguely know about it. Title character lost an eye, Saint of all Killers, bout it. Didn't seem interesting enough to me then (or frankly now) to learn more.

So, I can't really comment on what you and others were talking about, and can only hope Supernatural doesn't suddenly start copying another series altogether for its final season, hence my rhetorical question. I know we'll get an answer in the premiere, I just think its cool the show has me intrigued again.

Like The Saint, Death pointed out that he could reap God himself.

I'm just saying that I don't think that it is a fluke that Billie is putting a plan together now that God is back in play.

As for "Copying", Supernatural has been doing that the entire time. The amount of stuff they have lifted from Hellblazer and Preacher is sizable.