Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernatural

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I can let the whole reapers are angels thing go, what bothers me is the whole it's Dean, Sam, Castiel trinity thing.

Now don't overreact I like all 3 characters, Cas is my favorite, it's just that we've seen this setup in every season finale.

Just once I would like a massive open battle between angels and demons, or an angel civil war. They always tease it, and it never ends up happening.
    And I'm getting a bit tired of the same plot always reused, I guess it's because we're in season 9, don't get me wrong this season is much better then the leviathan one
    ,but still this show is in need of fresh ideas if it wants to go on for another 4 seasons.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I can let the whole reapers are angels thing go, what bothers me is the whole it's Dean, Sam, Castiel trinity thing.

Now don't overreact I like all 3 characters, Cas is my favorite, it's just that we've seen this setup in every season finale.

Just once I would like a massive open battle between angels and demons, or an angel civil war. They always tease it, and it never ends up happening.
    And I'm getting a bit tired of the same plot always reused, I guess it's because we're in season 9, don't get me wrong this season is much better then the leviathan one
    ,but still this show is in need of fresh ideas if it wants to go on for another 4 seasons.
    I feel ya. It's like whenever the writers would set up something cool they'd cop out.

BANNED

Just to note, the reapers were never called angels of death on the show. Even Death himself isn't an actual angel, why would the other reapers be? Plus add in things like them not requiring vessels..and I think it was a major flub for them to suddenly call them angels.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    First off, a battle between angels and demons..the angels would stomp. There just plain aren't any demons around anymore that could fight them unless the angels were seriously weakened. Second, we have seen the whole angel civil war thing. Maybe not a huge battle, but that might just be a budget issue. It's the same reason when they had dragons on the show all we saw of the dragon form was a vague shadowy thing. I wouldn't expect a huge battle scene until the series finale.

Also you say you want fresh ideas, but angels vs demons wouldn't be fresh..and we've more or less had a civil war going on in heaven since around season 6.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Incredible Member

Yeah the reaper thing was a huge misstep IMO and completely unnecessary. I spent the whole episode trying to figure out how that fit into the show's established mythology and it really just doesn't work at all. And there was no real need for it either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Yeah the reaper thing was a huge misstep IMO and completely unnecessary. I spent the whole episode trying to figure out how that fit into the show's established mythology and it really just doesn't work at all. And there was no real need for it either.
    It's like the writers just say screw it and put it in there.

BANNED

Yeah it served no purpose, nothing said they had to bring Tessa back to the show. I don't mind her character, but instead of making her an angel they could of just said that since people aren't getting into heaven..all this "screaming" Tessa says she hears all the time could of been driving the Reapers insane..leaving them open to manipulation by Metatron. That way he still has his suicide bombers, but he doesn't have to sacrifice any actual angels to do it, since you'd figure he'd need all the angels he can get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Other than being an A-Hole. But yeah if God is held captive somewhere then it has to take some big time supernatural player to be able to achieve that.
    They probably just beat him into a coma as he left skiball...

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    They are called the Angel of Death.
    But her being any kind of angel completely contradicts her first appearance when he saw her true form. Also when she could only be seen by someone whose body was unconscious or dying. Angels can be seen whenever they possess a host. Tessa was just disguising herself without possessing anybody.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    They probably just beat him into a coma as he left skiball...
    With Crowley orchestrating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Also you say you want fresh ideas, but angels vs demons wouldn't be fresh..and we've more or less had a civil war going on in heaven since around season 6.
    How about introducing Greco-Roman threats, like the Gorgon sisters? Or have an arc where Sam and Dean go to some other country. Supernatural occurrences couldn't only be happening in America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    How about introducing Greco-Roman threats, like the Gorgon sisters? Or have an arc where Sam and Dean go to some other country. Supernatural occurrences couldn't only be happening in America.
    I'd like to see Sam and Dean in Japan. Would be interesting to see them tacking supernatural threats that is a little out of their element

I'd like to see Sam and Dean in Japan. Would be interesting to see them tacking supernatural threats that is a little out of their element
    I think the only Japanese threat they faced was that drunk ghost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think the only Japanese threat they faced was that drunk ghost.
    And going by japanese mythology and folklore there are much nastier threats than that if the writers put any effort in introducing

And going by japanese mythology and folklore there are much nastier threats than that if the writers put any effort in introducing
    I'm not too familiar with Japanese folklore, but I'll take your word for it. That would be very interesting.

Also, I know dragons were introduced, but never in their true form. I really wish they had a bigger budget for special effects, CGI, and makeup.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, did they actually call Tessa an Angel in this one? I don't think they did.

And presumable Angels can perceive Reapers just fine. Any who, Dean killing her with an Angel blade works because Crowley killed the ex-reaper cabbie with one awhile back.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM