Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Agreed with a lot of what is said. I would like to see the X-Men movies gain a new focus and creative vision, but I don't feel bad that we won't be getting interaction like Cap & Wolverine, Beast & Tony, Storm & Thor. I'm fine with Fox holding on to X-Men.

I would, however, like to see the FF & Spidey fully go back to Marvel Studios. If you asked me before Avengers if I wanted SM and FF back at Marvel Studios, I'd have said "HELL YES!" If you asked me if I'd like for Marvel Studios to get SM & FF after Avengers 3, I'd be very excited for it. Now? Not so much. I think Marvel has an end-game in mind and I'd like to see that execution without interference, but I think SM & FF are a better fit for the broader MCU than X-Men.
    Assuming Avengers 3 is some mega culmination of the first 3 phases, that would be a great plan. Introducing the Fantastic Four to the MCU after an Infinity Gauntlet type story (not saying it will be IG, but you get the point) would be a great way to shift the focus of the MCU a bit. By that point, we could move from the IM>Thor>Cap>AVENGERS! pattern we've become used to, putting more emphasis on the other properties, especially F4. That said, I'm not sure how they'd go about making FF and Guardians different enough in tone and style to make them both viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    In all fairness, I tend to worry about the number of people in Age of Ultron. I can't say that I'm against it, but more worried about how they can find time to give each and every character the right amount of spotlight for them to not feel like extras. I don't want another X-Men: The Last Stand on my hand where characters are just there, rather than being integral to the movie.
    Well, by this point we've already spent a good amount of solo time on the Big 3, so I think it's fair to say that they'll focus more on the rest of the team (at least, more than they did in the first film). Plus, the team is already set up, so they can fill the first act with more character focus, rather than with bringing everyone together. Some will need to be spent on adding Vision and the Twins to the team obviously, but that's not a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I want to see Fox keep the X-Men too. Especially as long as they still keep up the good quality they have been bringing since First Class.
    I'm in a weird place with the X-Men. I haven't been over the moon about First Class or DoFP, but they were good. I think, really, I just believe the MCU is stronger without mutants in it at all. Which in turn makes me wonder if Marvel's comic universe wouldn't also be better off without mutants at all.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I'm in a weird place with the X-Men. I haven't been over the moon about First Class or DoFP, but they were good. I think, really, I just believe the MCU is stronger without mutants in it at all. Which in turn makes me wonder if Marvel's comic universe wouldn't also be better off without mutants at all.
    I think it would lessen the Where Are The Avengers arguments