Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "New Image Hits" sale at Comixology...

Lots of recent series on sale for a buck an issue.

The Fade Out #1
    The Wicked + The Divine #1
    Supreme: Blue Rose #1
    Velvet #1-5
    Starlight #1-5
    Southern Bastards #1-3
    Trees #1 - 3
    MPH #1-2
    Low #1
    Dark Engine #1
    COWL #1-2
    Burn the Orphanage: Reign of Terror #1-3
    Death Vigil #1
    Imperial #1
    Madame Frankenstein #1
    Nailbitter #1-3
    Real Heroes #1-3
    Satelitte Sam #1-9
    Sex #1-14
    Sheltered #1-10
    Shutter #1-3
    Spread #1
    The Fuse #1-5
    The Mercenary Sea #1-5
    Umbral #1-7
    Undertow #1-6
    Nailbiter, C.O.W.L, Trees, and issue #7 of Umbral for me (I got the first trade already).

Very excited when I saw this sale this morning. Already had some of it, but jumped in on:

The Fade Out
    Starlight
    Trees
    Sex
    Sheltered
    Fuse
    Mercenary Sea
    Umbral

Already had Velvet and Southern Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Very excited when I saw this sale this morning. Already had some of it, but jumped in on:

The Fade Out
    Starlight
    Trees
    Sex
    Sheltered
    Fuse
    Mercenary Sea
    Umbral

Already had Velvet and Southern Bastards.
    Sheltered alone makes that sale worthwhile. Enjoy!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Oh yeah, I've been waiting for a Sheltered sale! Perfect timing.

What's the word on Casey's Sex? I sprung for the first 8 issues in this sale constituting the first trade, and conceivably, the first arc. I don't hear or read much about it and it very infrequently comes up in various recommendation threads. Its sales have also gone consistently down (current issue #16 is at approximately 7,100; series debuted in the low to mid 20k range).

Who's reading it? Who likes it? Who dropped it, when and why?

I hope to have the first arc read before the sale ends to help me decide whether or not to buy the second arc (also available on sale), but am curious as to your opinions.

Spectacular Member

AWWW COOOL.... they thought Death vigil was a hit XD well that put a smile on my face XD

Could you give me Sheltered's good points? I see quite a few people enthusiastic about it and at a buck a pop, I feel like I should give it a try, but the solit blurbs highlight a lot of the "kids killing kids!" aspect, and that's a turn-off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    What's the word on Casey's Sex? I sprung for the first 8 issues in this sale constituting the first trade, and conceivably, the first arc. I don't hear or read much about it and it very infrequently comes up in various recommendation threads. Its sales have also gone consistently down (current issue #16 is at approximately 7,100; series debuted in the low to mid 20k range).

Who's reading it? Who likes it? Who dropped it, when and why?

I hope to have the first arc read before the sale ends to help me decide whether or not to buy the second arc (also available on sale), but am curious as to your opinions.
    I quite enjoyed Sex (giggle...), but just kinda fell behind. Its a bit decompressed but i imagine itll read better in chunks.
    Arts really good at any rate.
    I picked up a few more issues in the sale so im planning on getting caught up.

All bought a few issues of Velvet, The Fuse and Satallite Sam. Plus The Fade Out #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Could you give me Sheltered's good points? I see quite a few people enthusiastic about it and at a buck a pop, I feel like I should give it a try, but the solit blurbs highlight a lot of the "kids killing kids!" aspect, and that's a turn-off for me.
    Sure. Things I like about Sheltered:

- Consistent art
    - Strong dialogue
    - Great villain
    - Strong female leads
    - Realistic violence when necessary

However, do understand that there is graphic violence of children/teens killing other children/teens. However, I don't feel that is really the main focus of the story or plot. It is a very character-driven book, which I love.
    Last edited by Dorktron; 10-06-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Got #1 issues of Nailbiters, Trees, The Fuse, Southern B, and Sheltered.

From best to worst
    1. Sheltered: Very good: Interesting concept. - I didn't think it was great by any means but it was really solid #1 issue. Got the other 9 issues on sale.
    2. Nailbiter: Really good. Very interesting story, the only reason this is not #1 is because I didn't really connect with anyone or care about any of the characters. I did get the rest of the sale issues, so hopefully they grow on me.
    3. Southern B: Good. Being from rural Alabama myself, I find the characters to be a little more annoying than most probably do. Extremely stereotypically of the deep south. The waitress and the drunk at the cafe were pretty spot on however, but the idea of a coach and his former players running a town is just silly. This is nothing like real rural Alabama. But other than that the story was pretty solid. I did grab the other two issues on sale and looking forward to seeing where this is going.
    4. The Fuse: Pretty Good. Pretty basic who done it plot, with a twist of it being on a space ship (city). I actually did like it but not enough to get the rest of the sale issues. Just not orginal enough for me.
    5. Trees: Complete mess. Interesting concept and actually read it first because I thought it would be right up my alley, but it was a jumbled mess from start to finish.
    Last edited by CoffeeCup; 10-07-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Got #1 issues of Nailbiters, Trees, The Fuse, Southern B, and Sheltered.

From best to worst
    1. Sheltered: Very good: Interesting concept. - I didn't think it was great by any means but it was really solid #1 issue. Got the other 9 issues on sale.
    2. Nailbiter: Really good. Very interesting story, the only reason this is not #1 is because I didn't really connect with anyone or care about any of the characters. I did get the rest of the sale issues, so hopefully they grow on me.
    3. Southern B: Good. Being from rural Alabama myself, I find the characters to be a little more annoying than most probably do. Extremely stereotypically of the deep south. The waitress and the drunk at the cafe were pretty spot on however, but the idea of a coach and his former players running a town is just silly. This is nothing like real rural Alabama. But other than that the story was pretty solid. I did grab the other two issues on sale and looking forward to seeing where this is going.
    4. The Fuse: Pretty Good. Pretty basic who done it plot, with a twist of it being on a space ship (city). I actually did like it but not enough to get the rest of the sale issues. Just not orginal enough for me.
    5. Trees: Complete mess. Interesting concept and actually read it first because I thought it would be right up my alley, but it was a jumbled mess from start to finish.
    These are good choices. I will say that Sheltered, Nailbiter and Southern B gets amazingly good after the first issue. For me Sheltered 1 was the worst issue in the series, gets so good.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Sure. Things I like about Sheltered:

- Consistent art
    - Strong dialogue
    - Great villain
    - Strong female leads
    - Realistic violence when necessary

However, do understand that there is graphic violence of children/teens killing other children/teens. However, I don't feel that is really the main focus of the story or plot. It is a very character-driven book, which I love.
    Thanks for taking the time. I think I'll give this one a pass for the gore factor, though; I've already got a couple of horror books on the pull, and my appetite for that sort of thing pretty limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Thanks for taking the time. I think I'll give this one a pass for the gore factor, though; I've already got a couple of horror books on the pull, and my appetite for that sort of thing pretty limited.
    Definitely! I'm glad I could help you make a decision. That's what's great about Image; there are a lot of great choices to satisfy all of us.

Saw the sale and am intrigued by Low and Cowl? What's the word on those?

Great sale. Went on a splurge:
    The Fade Out #1
    Supreme: Blue Rose #1
    Velvet #1-5
    Starlight #1-5
    Southern Bastards #2-3
    Trees #1 - 3
    Low #1
    Dark Engine #1
    Sheltered #2-10

So far only read Dark Engine and Supreme: Blue Rose which both left me slightly befuddled.

And then I saw the Walking Dead sale...