Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Default If Fantastic Four reboots, should Marvel shake-up the team?

With all this talk about the cancellation of Fantastic Four, perhaps it is time we started thinking about whether Marvel would be better off to keep the same team when the title is renewed or not. We all know that FF sales have lagged now for a very long time. Perhaps one or two new members might breathe some new life into such an old team? If you concur with such a thesis, who would you dump from the team and who would be your replacement(s)?

Well..just for the fun part of it:

1. Namor
    2. Johnny Storm
    3. Thing
    4. Doom

BANNED

It won't be F4 without Susan, IMO.

Odinson
    Loki
    Medusa
    Ms. Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Go with Future Foundation as the title and dump the four member ceiling.

Astonishing Member

Nope. Fantastic Four is not a team book. Its a family book. You want to add some supporting cast members or just bring it back as Future Foundation, but FF is about Reed,Sue, Ben,Frank, Valeria and Johnny.

BANNED

Hmm....I guess I would go with
    1. Invisible Woman
    2. Jim Hammond
    3. Namor or Doom
    4. She-Hulk

All in all it would be a fun mix to see play out.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-06-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Yes, let's absolutely reboot the book and do the exact same things over again
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Nope. Fantastic Four is not a team book. Its a family book. You want to add some supporting cast members or just bring it back as Future Foundation, but FF is about Reed,Sue, Ben,Frank, Valeria and Johnny.
    completely agree with you.

I say keep the family apart for awhile, shake things up with the characters, make Sue an Agent of Shield, Ben an Avenger, Johnny a solo or a Spidey team up, and let Redd die heroically or become full on villain because of his role in the Illuminati and bring them back together in a few years

If there must be a team

Sue
    Johnny
    Namor (now in a relationship with Sue, because Reed has to pay for his sins)
    Spidey

I'd get rid of the kids, never really liked them they drag the team down to me, if they are featured too much. Other than that I wouldn't change the team, I would want the book to focus less on them being heroes and more on them being adventurers. They would be Indiana Jones, but with more space/time travel and exploring dimensions.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Seeing how I have been urging an end to the Reed Richards-Sue Storm marriage for a while now, I propose the following:

Mr. Fantastic
    Medusa
    Torch
    Thing

If Marvel refuses to end the marriage, they I say replace both Reed and Sue and bring in Doctor Doom to lead the team and Medusa to replace Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I say keep the family apart for awhile, shake things up with the characters, make Sue an Agent of Shield, Ben an Avenger, Johnny a solo or a Spidey team up, and let Redd die heroically or become full on villain because of his role in the Illuminati and bring them back together in a few years

If there must be a team

Sue
    Johnny
    Spidey
    The last Reed I liked to read was the ultimatized version that fell into villainy...
    I concurr.

Susan should lead, Johnny should be there too.
    Let the Thing go joins the Avengers or another organization, and have Reed on the run with the other rogue Illuminatis.
    If I had to pick two new members, it would be Rachel Grey and Adam Brashear.
    Rachel for obvious reasons, and also because she needs to get away from the X-verse for a time, and Adam because as a fellow scientist I don't see how he wouldn't be interested in working with the FF...only to discover what Reed did.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

I think they should just do a "cross-time" team and have a:
    Black Johnny Storm,
    A snarky, not so intelligent Sue Storm,
    A Narcissistic Reed Richards who swears constantly and takes selfies all the time, and
    A British Ben Grimm.
    This line-up would be trendy and cool to me, they could run around in containment suits and call their gifts "disabilities" and be very Misfit-esque.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post

If there must be a team

Sue
    Johnny
    Spidey
    Why would Sue want anything to do with Namor now. I rather she get in a relationship with Spidey.............you know that feeling when you say a really bad idea, and now its going to happen.....argghjhhh