Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Thanks for the video it was cool to listen to his views on the Fantastic Four. Some things have stood out to me from the interview, that may be the reason why the books aren't selling as well. The relate ability of the characters seems to be put on the back-burner, some of the issues they face should different from facing supervillains. He also mention humour between each other, that seems to have been lost along with the fun of exploring new imaginative places. They shouldn't be stuck in New York or on Earth all the time, and notr all of their threats should be from villains.

To return the F4 to their former glory, they should bring back the fun, quirkiness and adventure back. And no more retreading the same old villains and places all the time, Dr. Doom should not be an enemy for a long time. And no more going to the negative zone, it's no longer a new and interesting place.

I think as others have mentioned, go forward with the Future Foundation as the title, keeping the F4 and all other characters.

What I would do is make the Future Foundation the open version of the Illuminati. Make it representative of all corners of the MU coming together in cooperation, much like the Illuminati, but doing do openly. You could have any number of characters participate and be involved.

It would work from a story standpoint since at this point, it's clear the secret Illuminati group is a bad idea. So this grows out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I think as others have mentioned, go forward with the Future Foundation as the title, keeping the F4 and all other characters.

What I would do is make the Future Foundation the open version of the Illuminati. Make it representative of all corners of the MU coming together in cooperation, much like the Illuminati, but doing do openly. You could have any number of characters participate and be involved.

It would work from a story standpoint since at this point, it's clear the secret Illuminati group is a bad idea. So this grows out of that.
    There would be a lot of fun from that idea. Actually shows that the heroes of the MU have learned something out of all this chaos. Still can get good drama beats as SHIELD tries to be hard-line with them plus factions within the group fighting for leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    There would be a lot of fun from that idea. Actually shows that the heroes of the MU have learned something out of all this chaos. Still can get good drama beats as SHIELD tries to be hard-line with them plus factions within the group fighting for leadership.
    Yeah, it lets you keep the family, but also place the book back at the center of the MU. And the larger cast gives them more to work with. And it seems like a natural progression.

It would accomplish a lot, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Adopt the Future Foundation name, drop Reed. Add two from Spidey, She Hulk, Namor, Pym, Machine Man and Blue Marvel.

Also go back to the white costumes, the blue ones are dull.
    If Aaron joined, I actually would follow this book to the very end.
    If Hickman or Fialkov took over, I would too.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Go back to Future Foundation as a SCHOOL. Not this weird adult illuminati thing you all are talking about.

Send Johnny Storm off to hang out with Spider-man, have the Thing go full-on noir-style PI and help She-Hulk with her law firm. Reed and Sue take the kids (all the Foundation kids) into space to learn **** and be diplomatic envoys to other alien races. And hang out with Galactus. Then after a year or so, REUNITE with a big ol' F4 #1 Volume whatever.

That's my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by zlbenson View Post
    Go back to Future Foundation as a SCHOOL. Not this weird adult illuminati thing you all are talking about.

Send Johnny Storm off to hang out with Spider-man, have the Thing go full-on noir-style PI and help She-Hulk with her law firm. Reed and Sue take the kids (all the Foundation kids) into space to learn **** and be diplomatic envoys to other alien races. And hang out with Galactus. Then after a year or so, REUNITE with a big ol' F4 #1 Volume whatever.

That's my thoughts.
    I would include the kids as a part of the Future Foundation. But I would add to it as well. If the school aspect was enough to keep it going, the old volume would still be around.

I loved the kids and I would certainly include them, but I think making the book the "hub" of the MU would be a smart move, and would also be fitting.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    During Byrne's run. Frankie Raye dumps him because she has a crush on Galactus and agrees to become his new herald, Nova, to eternally suffer at his side in her platonic love.

Peace
    Then she got all mad about it and told Johnny he should have stopped her when she returned from the dead, or something in that really bad Heralds mini

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Nope. Fantastic Four is not a team book. Its a family book. You want to add some supporting cast members or just bring it back as Future Foundation, but FF is about Reed,Sue, Ben,Frank, Valeria and Johnny.
    Yep. If you want to add/remove people then call it another book. If you use the Fantastic Four name, it's just a cash-grab and attention-seeker. Pretty much why there was Amazing and Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    It seems to me that one problem Fantastic Four has is that they only have four members, while X-Men and Avengers have more. If the FF are ever to compete with the other two groups, they probably need to add at least two more members. Maybe the name does need to be changed to Future Foundation? You could have the four core members and rotate in and out two others every 12 months.
    You will laugh in a similar way the FF worked a long time not by kicking one temporary out but having 1 or 2(or more) guest characters which are changed from time to time. This was the status pre Onslaught and soon after Heroes reborn until 2000-2? I remember a female Captain Britain, a transdimensional Bounty Hunter, Reeds ex-gilrfirend Alyssa Moy(which Hickman later killed in NuWorld)

After that time thinks became really rough for them until the NuWorld story nobody embedded the work and side character of previous FF runs to superhero- family that which also show the cosmic and technology aspect for the fans. If you want Reed look smart you also need a smart author so the title demands a lot from the author.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Wouldn't portraying him as being more respectful to women or at least showing that his behavior is inappropriate be a much better idea. Also, Johnny being gay might be a good idea in theory but it's more than likely to be perceived as a publicity stunt by Marvel (look at the chaos that ensued after they cast a black actor to portray him in the upcoming movie). And if you find the way he treats women to be sleazy, what makes you think he'll treat men any better?
    Possibly, on the spot i couldn't think of a way to drastically change the character though... how would he just completely change out of the blue from the long established precedent and start being more respectful and humble, etc... I figure if that was explained as overcompensation about being homosexual and his internal conflict with dealing with that then it could lead to an entire personality change and change in his life and with himself... he would treat men better because he would eventually come to terms with who he is, and his sexuality and that would lead to entire change of who he is. [Also, treating Females better in a friends relationship] That was the idea anyway... also, i always found him kind of boring and i felt like that would make the character more interesting and give the character more depth, might also need to change his powers as fire seems to be a common thing these days.. Sunfire uses that and is way cooler than Johnny. I get what you're saying though, but people usually say any big change is a publicity stunt or gimmick (myself included hehe).

Also, i'd add Amadeus Cho into the mix and Valeria having a huge crush on him and dealing with being a super genius beyond her years while also dealing with being a regular girl. Those two aspects sort of clashing into ideally funny results, not only funny results though, having the character grow with more depth in the process. [advancing her age a little bit and the crush being one sided of course]

You know the really cool thing about a Universe filled with different diverse characters with different personalities guys? It's that there is a little something for everybody and an example/representation of actual personalities in the real world. Not everyone in the comic universe should be like able or fit societies idea of model citizen.

I'm not a huge of Johnny Storm or anything but his personality is fine. He isn't even really "womanizer" as some are suggesting. He is just really into women, which isn't a crime. Most of his stuff that could be considered "offensive" was either written in a time when that type of thing was acceptable or while he as still a teenager. (And who doesn't know at least one girl crazy teenage boy?)

I don't just seems that if fans are truly interested in the character receiving a higher profile then we really should be asking for more interesting and thought provoking stories from the character. As opposed to changing them into something that they are not.
    That's fine and all but i don't like it, i don't think that's the way all teens are.. i certainly wasn't like that and i know other teens aren't like that. And if you really like Women that's not how you treat Women in my view. It's more about ego and self absorbed motivations and not about the Women. Yeah, i know guys like that and knew guys like that, and i don't like any of them. ....Pacey they are not... If it was more like a Pacey type of character [from Dawson's creek] who came across as a jerk and a bit of a player or whatever, but actually was a great guy and ending up growing beyond that perception of him.. i could get down with that.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-07-2014 at 02:43 PM.

How about either: Bentley-23 (Reed), Onome or Valeria Richards (Sue), Franklin Richards (Johnny), and Dragon Man (Ben), or replace the team with Power Pack: Alex, Julie, Katie, Jack, and Karolina Dean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    Yep. If you want to add/remove people then call it another book. If you use the Fantastic Four name, it's just a cash-grab and attention-seeker. Pretty much why there was Amazing and Superior Spider-Man.
    This. Most of these posts are describing other books, not the FF. The FF isn't a team, so much as a family of four people. It wouldn't be a Fantastic Four book if you removed all of those people, or made it an open roster. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept that launched the modern Marvel Universe -- it just needs some folks at Marvel who understand it and can deliver on it properly.

Reed
    Ben
    Sue
    Johnny
    and
    John Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Owain View Post
    This. Most of these posts are describing other books, not the FF. The FF isn't a team, so much as a family of four people. It wouldn't be a Fantastic Four book if you removed all of those people, or made it an open roster. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the concept that launched the modern Marvel Universe -- it just needs some folks at Marvel who understand it and can deliver on it properly.
    Thing isn't family. How is it a family of four? He would be a close family friend i'd think. Granted i'm no F4 expert, but that's how i thought it was. [Grimm being Reed's roommate]
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-07-2014 at 02:44 PM.