Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Black Adam vs Thor

Two Magic Powerhouse Ego Maniacs go head to head....

who comes out on top? How?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

black adam speed blizt.

Has the Nu one done anything worth noting as far as speed, strength, what have you? Post crisis blitzes and all, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    black adam speed blizt.
    I thought Thor Speed blitzes too?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    I thought Thor Speed blitzes too?
    Pre-Nu Teth was a close-to-lightspeed speedster. Thor is above a high-end BTer and below a low-end, mach one-ish speedster. So both can blitz guys, just that BA can blitz a lot more of them (including Thor).

If NuBA doesn't have any speedfeats to speak of, well, Thor can probably blitz him, like he does to normals (or even to BT's).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Pre-Nu Teth was a close-to-lightspeed speedster. Thor is above a high-end BTer and below a low-end, mach one-ish speedster. So both can blitz guys, just that BA can blitz a lot more of them (including Thor).

If NuBA doesn't have any speedfeats to speak of, well, Thor can probably blitz him, like he does to normals (or even to BT's).
    Let's say Speed is equalized... how do they handle hand to hand and magic usage?

What feats does Nu Black Adam have?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Let's say Speed is equalized... how do they handle hand to hand and magic usage?
    Can't speak on the Nu version. As for post crisis, hard to say I guess. Captain Marvel has some insane magic resistance and Black Adam is just an evil version of him(albeit he gets powers from different gods). If he has similar resistance..that could be an advantage against Thor, but I don't know if he does have those feats. He is otherwise more or less physically equal to Thor. He does have the move he did where he slightly harmed the Spectre in no significant way..that might do something, but then it involved charging his body with magic lightning so Thor might have some resistance due to being God of Thunder, etc. Thor also has a plot device hammer though with a bunch of esoteric effects so it's not looking good for Adam with equal speed since I think dimension dumps would be an issue.

If by "hand to hand" you mean Thor doesn't have his hammer on him, then..it's more or less 50/50.

Does Post Crisis Adam have the ability to teleport to the Rock of Eternity and then from there to wherever he wants like Billy does? If so, it won't allow him to dimension dump Thor but he may be able to come back from a dimension dump by Thor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Does Post Crisis Adam have the ability to teleport to the Rock of Eternity and then from there to wherever he wants like Billy does? If so, it won't allow him to dimension dump Thor but he may be able to come back from a dimension dump by Thor.
    Thing is, Thor can just as easily space-dump the cat into a black hole or something, with equal speed.

The fight is basically two really strong bricks who can fight. And one of them can ALSO manipulate both the weather and tectonic plates and project energy blasts, PLUS he's got a hammer that both hits really hard and blasts really hard, and ALSO adds 99 esoteric effects. It's like speed-equal Thor versus Superman (where Thor wins), only worse, since Adam doesn't have as many powers as Clark.

The only thing I can say for NuBlack Adam is that he fought against Ultraman in Forever Evil (the guy who moved the moon) and got his ass kicked. Got a few blows but at the end Ultraman knocked him out and he was still pretty much fine, IRRC.

I'm not sure if they got a rematch or something after that.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Fantastic Member butterfingers158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The only thing I can say for NuBlack Adam is that he fought against Ultraman in Forever Evil (the guy who moved the moon) and got his ass kicked. Got a few blows but at the end Ultraman knocked him out and he was still pretty much fine, IRRC.

I'm not sure if they got a rematch or something after that.

That's how their first fight ended, Ultraman bled from the nose after this, but it was from the lightning and not the physical blows.

They are currently in the middle of a rematch, which will end in Forever Evil #7

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post

That's how their first fight ended, Ultraman bled from the nose after this, but it was from the lightning and not the physical blows.

They are currently in the middle of a rematch, which will end in Forever Evil #7
    Wait A Minute! They are making my boy look like a punk? Pre-Nu BA was a... well... a BA (Bad A**).... please give some background to this fight.

Lex Luthor's like:

"He's got 32 problems and his teeth are them."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Lex Luthor's like:

"He's got 32 problems and his teeth are them."
    That one got me busting out laughin!!!