Default What are the best (or your favorite) DC Present issues?

My favorite issues is probably this one:

This story was pretty unique and original. And the art was apocalyptic....when you see the villain's true form....that guy is genuinely creepy.

What other issues would you guys recommend?

Yes I know about Alan Moore's issue 85....I thought that story was a bit overrated, it was good but the ending was a bit of a cop-out.

BANNED

So many great issues.

I love all 3 specials the best.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

BANNED

I loved the annual 1 & 3. 2 & 4 dealt with the kristin wells superwoman which honestly , i don't really cared for.

Loved the starlin trilogy , issue 27 - 29 with the introduction of mongul and warworld.

Loved issue 33 & 34 where Superman & Captain Marvel swapped costumes and powers and a villain team-up of Mxy , King Kull & Mr Mind and an unexpected hero to the rescue.

Issue 36 with starlin & mongul again. A team-up with Starman of earth-1 against mongul.

Issue 41 with the joker vs the prankster with art by Jose Garcia Lopez.

Issue 43 - nice Brian Bolland cover featuring the last appearance of Mongul in this title before he appeared in Superman annual 11 "For the man who has everything".

Issue 49 - superman vs black adam !

Issue 59 - legion of substitute heroes. Ambush Bug in the 30th century and only the legion of substitute heroes to capture him. A keith Giffen humor issue.

Issue 93 - the elastic four. See why Plastic man is more vesatile than Elongated man.

BANNED

I loved the one with Golden Age Superman AND Shazam.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

DC Comics 10 The Miracle Man of Easy Company. Sgt. Rock and an amnesiac Superman. Great Cover, great comic. Superman 14 Superman vs. a Pete Ross controlled evil Superboy. I think Dick Dillin does the pencils. I see a ton of the best Superman comics ever somewhere in the first 50 issues. Superman vs. Grundy with Swamp Thing, Bronze Age Superman has to destroy flocks of Grundys. Swamp Thing is horrified by his brutality. At the time, Superman kills Zombies, it didn't count as killing. Swamp Thing, not on board! I thought that was a rule for Bizarro too, since he was the "imitation of life"! Superman and Captain Comet, I love some of them for the covers.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 10-08-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Retired

It was a lot of fun once they added the "Whatever Happened To . . ." back-up feature. Even if the main team-up story was so-so, you had this back-up feature to look forward to. I was always interested to see what had become of some obscure character from the past. The best were the ones that Gil Kane drew.