Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
My only small gripe with the cover is that long-haired Superman should be fighting the Milton Fine, post-Dead Again version of Brainiac for optimal era match-up.
Yeah, thematic coherence, people!
Could've thrown in Bronze-Age Superman fighting Robotic Skeleton Brainiac instead, plenty of space.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
So...I guess this Brainiac is the Pre-Crisis Brainiac,evolved to a higher plane of existance?

If so...f---ing awesome.
I think this ins't just pre-crisis Brainiac.

Its from a wacky theory I've munching on, but here it is -

Constantine says this Brainiac is ancient, very ancient. But why would Brainiac be ancient?
Simple - Because he was there from the start.
How?

Count the number of diodes the Cosmic Brainiac has on Future's End cover. With mouth + eyes, I counted 13.
Here's the theory: Future's End "Cosmic Brainiac" is a fusion of Brainiac 13, who survived the Big Bang in energy form, and Pre-Crisis Brainiac who survived the Crisis and all repeated cosmic retcons by hiding in Monitor technology. Possibly with a third Brainiac thrown into the mix (because of the three head diodes), I would bet 12 because he got wiped from the timeline.

My theory is that the original survived the Crisis outside the Universe by being inside Monitor tech (the one who got geeked in Vega by the Omega Men after the crisis? Copy/Probe/Duplicate, so nobody ever suspected something was up with Brainiac disappearing), entered the universe at the beginning, found 13's energy form in the cosmic background microwave, found 12 after he was wiped from the timeline and then fused into a single, deadly program with absurdly powerful tech and access to the Multiverse (time access to be obtained from Vanishing Point once he goes there). In fact, he may be taking other Brainiacs from other parts of space-time and fusing them into his program or sending them as agents.