Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Honestly, I think that is some of the worst writing for Batman ever.

Genius level intellect, and his plan is to just bull through Wonder Woman barehanded?

Sorry, Mr Rucka. Epic fail.
    Well, better than having him go through barehanded and succeed, or have him come out with a ridiculous plan that works just because. That's very poor writing.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Well, better than having him go through barehanded and succeed, or have him come out with a ridiculous plan that works just because. That's very poor writing.
    But again this is a problem.

Anybody can simply dismiss this event as "Batman would never be stupid enough to do that - TWICE!" And they would be right.

I would rather see Wonder Woman take down a capable Bruce Wayne showing up with his A game than score an easy win because Bats was written as the slowest learner in spandex.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

In this story Batman fights WW, Aquaman, Flash and Superman, but they aren't sane (being controlled by a certain villain, it seems). I think WW fans might like that Batman couldn't defeat Diana in combat, he uses an "inverted lasso" made by Hephaestus that makes people see a lie, so she thinks she killed Batman, but he isn't even there. And he is using his robot suit.

It's a bit exaggerated, "Batman vs. Justice League", but Diana at least wasn't diminished, I guess.

WW.jpg

Batman buying things from the "magical black market". That seems odd.

But I don't know if it's really them. Could be the villain passing as them. But I don't know how he would have their powers.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 10-08-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    In this story Batman fights WW, Aquaman, Flash and Superman, but they aren't sane (being controlled by a certain villain, it seems). I think WW fans might like that Batman couldn't defeat Diana in combat, he uses an "inverted lasso" made by Hephaestus that makes people see a lie, so she thinks she killed Batman, but he isn't even there. And he is using his robot suit.

It's a bit exaggerated, "Batman vs. Justice League", but Diana at least wasn't diminished, I guess.

WW.jpg

Batman buying things from the "magical black market". That seems odd.

But I don't know if it's really them. Could be the villain passing as them. But I don't know how he would have their powers.
    Maybe it is still a vision? That "It was a nightmare and it is day time or so it seems...".
    What I know is that it doesn't really make sense how he survived before getting in that suit (and it is not clear how he got into it either).

spoilers:
    Does he have invulnerability now?
    He got his head smashed against a wall by her while she was flying at superspeed and all he received was a scratch?
    Plus, he has got everything on that suit to defeat his allies but not a piece of kryptonite for Superman? Not even the excuse he couldn't take it out in time since his suit is able to hit also the Flash...
    end of spoilers
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The Blind of Veils sounds pretty cool. Being that it's silver, maybe they can give it to Donna Troy once she makes her New 52 debut.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Buying a relic off off the magical black market that is apparently designed just to trump the lasso?

Sounds like a magical spell to render Circe powerless.

Bat-god...nananana-nana-nana-nana
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Maybe it is still a vision? That "It was a nightmare and it is day time or so it seems...".
    What I know is that it doesn't really make sense how he survived before getting in that suit (and it is not clear how he got into it either).

spoilers:
    Does he have invulnerability now?
    He got his head smashed against a wall by her while she was flying at superspeed and all he received was a scratch?
    Plus, he has got everything on that suit to defeat his allies but not a piece of kryptonite for Superman? Not even the excuse he couldn't take it out in time since his suit is able to hit also the Flash...
    end of spoilers
    I thought him even able to put those things on her head weird. Did not know he had superspeed.

I didn't actually read all of it, only gave a look WW stuff. It seems a mess cronologically. You don't know when it is now, when it is then, etc.

The defeating of the other heroes seemed more over the top, that's why I think Diana's defeat was pretty reasonable. And she kicked his butt, while the others didn't. It's also the same weakness Batman made a plan for in JL: Doom, make her see an illusion.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 10-08-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I thought him even able to put those things on her head weird. Did not know he had superspeed.
    spoilers:
    In true he did it while she was flying and carrying him and she was distracted, not even looking at him, so, ok, I could have understood that (also since she was mind-controlled, and it was later said she was a bit slower than usually), if it wasn't that he did that just mere seconds after his head had been smashed into the wall u.u Not even dazed by that? Already in action? Come on u.u
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Superspeed is never worked properly in a comic book. Heck, it is extremely overpowered when they show what they can do with it in the movies, ala Quicksilver in the latest X-men movie. If superspeed works like what happened in the X-men movie, then that is the superpower I want.

spoilers:
    lol magical black market that was silly but whatever, I don't really expect much from Batman vs Superpowered people.

This whole thing reminds me of the Justice League weakness boxes, I liked that he couldn't figure Wonder Woman out and now he has this anti-Wonder Woman rope, well okay, I guess they had to think of something to beat her and well, this is better than him kicking her in the stomach and having her inhale a bunch of gas or tricking her into fighting until she gets a heart attack lol PLUS they mentioned Diana has magical defences, I don't think that's been mentioned before so \O/

I wouldn't be surprised if all this was an illusion too, like, he's still under the Scarecrow's effect, especially considering the ending and there were a lot of hints throughout...yeah I don't think this was the Justice League lol
    end of spoilers

But yeah, beyond that it was a very fun issue! Art was fantastic and it's nice to see him laughing with around with Alfred \O/ Can't wait to see what happens next issue.
    Last edited by Step; 10-08-2014 at 08:05 AM.

I think the fight, since Bruce is not invulnerable, should have ended just after this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...6971-14127.jpg

He at least should have lost consciousness, and instead just after this there was the scene in the preview.

Anyway, let's just wait... Maybe it really is all an illusion.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 10-08-2014 at 08:15 AM.

I think the fight, since Bruce is not invulnerable, should have ended just after this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...6971-14127.jpg

He at least should have lost consciousness, and instead just after this there was the scene in the preview.

Anyway, let's just wait... Maybe it really is all an illusion.
    Bruce did get hit by that new fear gas and was reliving his own death, this could just be another one just fare more elaborate but making a six issue long arc that's just a big fear gas trip would be the definiton of taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    Bruce did get hit by that new fear gas and was reliving his own death, this could just be another one just fare more elaborate but making a six issue long arc that's just a big fear gas trip would be the definiton of taking the piss.
    Well...maybe in the next issue he will already discover that there's something wrong, and that he is in an illusion, but then he will have to track down his enemy while not even knowing if what he sees is real or not. I think that a story like this could be interesting. Visions that start suddenly and seem very real and he has to find every time a way to discern them from the true. Is he dreaming or not? Certainly more interesting than having the whole League under control to me. Plus...the league going rogue and him having to take it down...isn't this what he 'fears' in every continuity?

tltid

I love Capullo since Spawn, but I cannot stand the way he draws women faces now (the girl from Batman #33, the reporter on this issue, just to name a few), and I didn't like the way Diana looks. Even more when compared to SM/WW 12, where I think Diana looks gorgeous.