Fantastic Member

Default The Flash Comixology sale suggestions!!!!

Comixology has a Flash sale: https://www.comixology.com/The-Flash...utm_content=DC

I has both Barry and Wally stories!!!

I got ~25 issues of Wally stories I haven't read, but I was wondering if there are any good one or two part stories worth checking out, especially from the William Messner-Loebs run. Thanks!

To be honest, Messner-Loebs' whole run was great. But if you're looking for either one or two parts specifically, off the top of my head I liked issues 15, 19, 20, 23-28, 30-35, 40, 41, 45-47, 49, 53, 54
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    To be honest, Messner-Loebs' whole run was great. But if you're looking for either one or two parts specifically, off the top of my head I liked issues 15, 19, 20, 23-28, 30-35, 40, 41, 45-47, 49, 53, 54
    Thanks! 10ch

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Thank you..As good as Waid/Johns Wally run are,Messner-Loebs run isnt a slouch either..TBH Flash has had great stories since the John Broome(Barry) run culminating with Johns' Wally run..Everything afterwards has been pretty mediocre to awful

Which comics that are OOP are worth buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Which comics that are OOP are worth buying?
    Quite possibly the Messner-Loebs' run as mentioned above..For all we know Waid's run might get an omnibus(if Simonson's Orion can get one even this can)..Johns' run is available as an omnibus

Oh yeah anything after Johns' Wally run is mediocre.

Fantastic Member

One more thing. Are #101 and #102 one-shots?

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    One more thing. Are #101 and #102 one-shots?
    IIRC yes but some of the previous issues were kind of a build up for them - Wally tapping the speed force and all.
    BB

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    IIRC yes but some of the previous issues were kind of a build up for them - Wally tapping the speed force and all.
    Don't worry. I've read Terminal Velocity. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoniac View Post
    Quite possibly the Messner-Loebs' run as mentioned above..For all we know Waid's run might get an omnibus(if Simonson's Orion can get one even this can)..Johns' run is available as an omnibus

Oh yeah anything after Johns' Wally run is mediocre.
    Thank You for the suggestion!
    But oh god this gives me flashback to the Batman sale. You go to an artist page you want to see what his/her body of work is on a character you click on the character and you get the character section with all the release for the character. Is it so hard to give me the body of work of a specific writer on a specific character? Now I have to find a list then clicking all the issues I want instead of artist page -> character -> buy all by series or character. It is incredible that comixology makes it so complicated to buy the comics when they by brushing up the page could make it so much easier. I did sent an email to them with the suggestion whoever never got an answer. The fewer clicks customers needs to makes is easier for him/her to purchase and you will get more costumers. Complicate things and people will walk away.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 10-08-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Looks like Messner's run starts around #15, would you suggest reading the first 14 issues as well?

Always Rakzo

The first 14 issues written by Mike Baron are kinda okay but not really that good, it only becomes great once that Messner-Loebs arrives with issue 15.

Waid's run is okay and John's is excellent.